“Amazing Stay - Thank you.”
Review of The Leonard Hotel

The Leonard Hotel
Ranked #307 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Dear Manager,
On behalf of my Israeli friends, Dalia Sabo and Rafi –
“Thank you so much for the wonderful hospitality you afforded us on our trip to London recently.
We enjoyed your hotel from the moment we entered the main door. The service was impeccable and your staff are charming.
We are now telling all our friends in Tel Aviv to stay with The Leonard when they travel to London.Thank you and please keep up the amazing work”
Sincerely, Dalia & Rafi

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMOM171

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Superb location. Short walk to Marble Arch station the Central line so you can go to most of the major sights from here. Hop on hop off tour routes nearby if you are like us with 60 year old mum also an infant in the group this may be the best option to tour London. Oxford Street just around the corner you can shop till you drop. And halal food available along Edgware Road also just around the corner. And if you want to go to Bicester shopping village - you can get on the Bicester Express which picks up from The Cumberland Hotel nearby.
Great staff - very helpful if you need help with tours, directions, taxi bookings etc. very friendly.
Stayed at the one bedroom suite. Beautiful and spacious. Kids loved it loads of room to move around. The bed was very cosy. The living/dining room was huge with high ceiling and all. Really nice. No complaints.
Only thing that wasn't that great was the lift was not working as they were doing some major upgrade. They did advertise this in advance on the web though. Luckily our suite was on the 1st floor so it was not that bad. Actually didnt bother most of us except for poor Mum as 1st floor still means 2 flight of stairs. She had a bit of difficult time that whole week we were there. But other than that no issues. Love this hotel highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Excellent place to stay if you want to be close to the big shops! Girlie weekend with friends. Friendly and helpful staff especially for airline checkin etc., we also got a free upgrade which was very much appreciated, thanks! We didn't have chance to check out the pool or spa but I imagine it is very nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2013

There is no lift in the hotel so if you have any kind of walking impairment this is not the place for you.
We arrived to find the lift under renovation and was unable to get a refund on my booking so i could get to a hotel room without being in extreme agony.

The staff were totally unhelpful and even ignored me whilst i was talking to them.

Every floorboard creaked in our room and the one upstairs announcing when someone went to the bathroom at 3 am. Our bathroom was tired and mouldy too.

Room Tip: go somewhere else, you can get the Royal Horseguards for the same price
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Phil G
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My 'better half' and I stayed here for a dinner at the Grosvenor on 12th March. I chose this hotel because I wanted something that was more upmarket yet cosy and not too large or expensive whilst at the same time having a lovely atmosphere, having large enough rooms and close enough to our dinner at the Grosvenor. I didn't want much did I?

But I found it in The Leonard. I booked a one bedroom suite which was a great price and right from the moment we walked in, we felt at home. We had a lovely welcome with smiling faces behind the reception desk and a really, really helpful concierge. Although we were early my other half had some calls to make so we stayed in the lounge for a drink but not long after that our room was ready so we made our way up there and it was lovely. A well proportioned lounge, with bathroom and good sized bedroom. It was nice and quiet too and very clean. I'm very fussy when it comes to the cleanliness of rooms. It was lovely to be greeted with Elemis beauty products in the bathroom too!

When we left that evening for our dinner at the Grosvenor we wandered downstairs and the concierge grabbed us a black cab and the same the next day when we were leaving. All in all a very, very enjoyable experience.

The only downside was the price of the drinks and this is where I find hotels shoot themselves in the foot big time! We have a single gin and tonic (1 bottle) and a single vodka and tonic (1 bottle) and the price was £18!! The tonics were only £4 so you can work the rest out!

Room Tip: We had a room on the back and it was lovely and quiet but the front is not so busy either as it not...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2013

The hotel was in realy good location , few mins walk to Oxford Street and Marble Arch tube station.
We have booked deluxe room ,the room and bathroom was big , clean , warm and nice , all the facilities were working proparly . The only problem was with the bed . They put 2 single beds together to make one double bed and in the middle of bed was very unconfortable , it was hurting our boddy .As I expalin this to reception they have changed our room to suit room wich was even better than our deluxe room . There was a kitchenette inside of room . We didn't use the kitchenette but it seemed it has plenty of stuf inside .

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013

myself and my 5 month old baby stayed for one night in February. The location was really good, just round the corner from Marble Arch. We got there using the tube but there are no lifts at Marble Arch station so luckily someone helped me carry the pram and suitcase up the stairs. After that we used the buses as they were more pram friendly and there are buses from just round the corner to Victoria Station and up and down Oxford Street.
I had booked a one bedroomed suite and was informed check in was 2pm. I arrived at 12.30pm to try and see if the room was ready but it was still being cleaned and was told to come back at 2pm. When I came back with a hungry and tired baby the room still wasn't ready. I got really cross with the front desk and was offered a free tea or coffee....Have you ever tried that with a crying baby ;-) Anyway they then came back and said the room was ready and had upgraded me to the Grand Suite. I had asked for a cot and a high chair and both were in the suite. The suite was really big with a huge living room and nice sizd bedroom. When you started to look closer though there were marks on the walls, cracks etc so definately needs to be refurbished. It was very clean. The bathroom was adequate but very cold. Room service breakfast was delivered exactly at the time requested and was standard but nice. I liked the fact there was more than just normal tea and coffee on the tray (nice biscuits, herbal tea etc).
We paid £167 for the one bedroom suite.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family