“Enjoyed a nice stay in this quiet, comfortable hotel with great staff!”

The Royal Park - A Roseate House Hotel
Ranked #74 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My normal hotel that I stay for business was full. A friend recommended The Royal Park and it was perfect for me. Great location close to Paddington Station, Leicester Station tube stop and Hyde Park. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and everything was in working order. The cookies, bath robe, slippers and turndown service were a nice touch. The hotel is really quiet except you can hear the water in pipes when adjacent rooms flush toilets and my toilet made a loud noise after flushing it, but it only lasted a few seconds. The staff was super nice and helpful. Although I felt that the hotel was very safe, I was a little freaked out that I didn't have a deadbolt in my door. I would definitely stay here in a personal visit.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Donna H

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A very nice hotel in central london.
Nice room and the hotel staff is very warm and friendly.
The location is very good, just a few minutes by walk from Hyde Park.
We'll come back there next year for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ladyhawke L
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband discovered this hotel on a recent trip to London and we just enjoyed a return visit as a family. First and foremost, it is in a lovely part of town, near to the Paddington and Lancaster Gate tube stations and a very short walk from Hyde Park. The hotel staff is very warm and friendly, and the rooms, while not large, are very comfortable and clean. Our group had four rooms at the hotel and some said the water pressure wasn't everything you could ask for in a shower, but I did not personally find that a problem. When we checked in there had been a bit of a mix up as to which room the rollaway bed was to land, but Mark at the front desk went out of his way to rectify the situation for us and even sent up a bottle of champagne by way of apology. In the morning you can enjoy a continental breakfast or order American or English breakfast from the menu if you prefer. By the time we arrived at the Royal Park we had been traveling for 2 weeks and I was delighted to see little ramekins of peanut butter (Nutella too!) on the breakfast table. Sometimes it is the little things like that that you don't even realize how much you are missing that make for a great stay. The breakfast room is small but you can reserve a table for your group the night before if you have a particular time you wish to eat. Otherwise, you can just drop down whenever. One night after a long day of sightseeing, a few of us were too exhausted to go out and we ordered room service. The menu isn't large, but the food was good and not terribly expensive - think roast chicken, caesar salad, burgers, etc. The hotel is close to a number of good restaurants and pubs and the staff is quite helpful in suggesting spots that fit your tastes and budget. All in all, a very lovely spot with a caring staff that I would be happy to return to. Well done, Royal Park!

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel overlooking the "mews." We were on the top floor (5...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Let me preface this with saying that I don't hand out "excellent" ratings for Afternoon Tea all the time. I believe only two other London locations have gotten 5* from me (Claridges and the Royal Horseguards). I believe in considering cost with value, ambience and location. The Royal Park Hotel hit all those and more.

We (two mums with two children, both nine) arrived 20 minutes early and were given the choice of sitting in the garden or the dining room. We chose the garden. It was perfect. Excellent choice with the kids, but also secluded and quiet if without kids as there are only 3-4 tables.

Apparently we were the first to have the Wimbledon themed tea (running June 21-July 6). We loved it. Three of us had tea (Earl Grey, Peppermint and Lemon) and my son had pineapple juice. The tea came with Pimms cocktails and since we had two kids with us, my friend and I had double the cocktails. They were lovely and my American friend thoroughly enjoyed hers.

The sandwiches were brought out first. They were very basic, no twists on classics (which I generally like) but good for the kids and very fresh. Next our three tier stand was brought out. The scones were either baked crispy or overdone, neither of which my friend and I preferred but different places do it differently and we did not dislike the scones. We just would have preferred them to be lighter. The cakes were great. Tennis themed cupcakes, the Pimms jelly was well liked, the carrot cake was great...but the Victorian sponge...oh my. We all just loved it. One of the best cakes I have had at an afternoon tea ever. It was just delicious.

The service was attentive but not overbearing.

If there were toilets on the basement level, we didn't know about them. We had to go back up to the reception level, which was a bit annoying but they were clean.

The reception staff was lovely. The location was fantastic. A 5min walk from Lancaster Gate tube station and Hyde Park. The two ladies next to us were having the traditional tea, which looked great as well.

I would not hesitate at all to come back to the Royal Park Hotel and have already recommended it to friends. Although the children cost full price, we felt the full price was very reasonable for a great London tea (£21 per person - and that included the Pimms cocktails!). You won't pay £94 (including service) for 4 people and feel completely satisfied at all that many locations.

I will most definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Beautiful hotel. Great location. Quiet, but near many busy, bustling streets. Our room was nice, with pretty furniture. Sparkling clean bathroom, but steamy and sauna like after a shower until the door is opened. Could use a bit of improvement with the thermostat/fan in the room. Barely a whisper of a fan even through it was set at "high", and the temp at the lowest setting. The room never got cool. The staff was absolutely wonderful. Very helpful and kind. Pretty little outside garden. I laughed when I read another review about the free cookies in a jar in each room. They ARE dry as dust. Please, Royal Park, change those out for better ones. :-). My daughter and I loved the hotel. Would book again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LDjuly
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel and as you approach from the outside you are treated to the prospect of a perfect stay. However, i booked quite last minute and the room cost over £250 with breakfast and the room was most certainly not worth it. Although the furnishings were obviously of a very high quality the room itself was in a state of disrepair. The bathroom was damp- The plaster had blown. Whenever i let th toilet seat slam a cover fell from the side of the bath. The area around the sink was damp. The TV which slides into the wardrobe looks like it has been fitted by some shoddy carpenters with very cheap wood used as a bracket to hold the TV.
The last thing i will say about the room - Please do not - I repeat, Do not, try the cookies in the jar - They sit there, tempting you with their chocolately goodness only to suck all the liquid from your body as soon as you take a bite. In a panic i threw it in the toilet which was a huge mistake as i don't there was enough liquid in London to moisten the cookie enough to flush.
This was room 207 by the way.
The rest of the hotel is beautiful all the communal areas a of a very high standard and it's nice to see an honesty bar with quality spirits.

Room Tip: Room 207 is very tired- but is very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My second stay at the Royal Park (and my first would've been a strong 4 stars or maybe a 5). The public areas are very nice, classical Georgian and grand but on a small scale, very inviting. I was in a very nice room with a study / lounge area and a large 4 poster bed. All very impressive.
During my stay, the breakfast was an enforced room service - as they were holding a private function in the breakfast room (I think). This was a shame, as breakfast was a highlight (an expensive highlight...) last time I stayed, and the room service did not live up to it, particularly as a few items were forgotten off my tray. And check-out took an age, which I found frustrating, left rushing for a meeting I should have had plenty of time to get to.
Otherwise though, the Royal Park is not to be compared to the run of the mill average London hotel. It's a class affair, and I would stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business