Roseate House London
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Good 3.5/5
1,563 results
All reviewsthe royal park hotelpaddington stationheathrow expressfour posterhyde barlancaster gateposter bedclose to hyde parkcharming hotelafternoon tearoom servicecontinental breakfastkensington gardenssmall hotelquiet areacentral linefive minute walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed in number 609 between 1 and 2 floors (executive suit as were with kid).Very good location , near Hyde park, friendly and pleasant personnel, clean rooms, not small size of the room, BUT , was incident when I was asked to pay for the breakfast (mistake was covered nicely by returning me 20 pounds for 1 night upgrade to executive). Breakfast was full of uncertainty, as I understood, if you have included breakfast , you can use buffet and the regular warm dishes like English breakfast would be charged additionally. Hole in the picture , tap that "sing some sad song" when turn on the cold water and air condition or something else which made some loud sounds sometimes, making this mark between average and very good. Comparing to other hotels I stayed in London its a good place, but pretend on luxury and boutique - hotel have a potential for development.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel as part of our UK tour during our honeymoon. It is a nice boutique hotel near Hyde Park, and is very nicely furnished inside. However, I had stayed at this hotel before and had a better experience last time. There seems to be a lack of communication between staff members, as well as between staff members and customers that sometimes became frustrating. Breakfast was enjoyable and can be served in your room if you wish!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TwoRoamingTravelers
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family of 4 just recently stayed 8 nights at the Royal Park Hotel (first trip to London). I chose the Royal Park Hotel based on the glowing reviews, the beautiful look of the hotel and my preference for a smaller boutique hotel. I wanted us to have a very English experience and chose to avoid the larger hotels. We had a lovely stay here. The hotel is small but very nice. The staff was super friendly and helpful whenever we needed assistance. We had two suites on the 3rd floor (rooms 303 and 304). So glad I decided to book suites, as I don't think the regular rooms would have been comfortable for an 8 night stay. Beds and pillows were very comfy and bathrooms nicely appointed. Loved the views from our windows looking over the trees and at a beautiful church across the street. Hotel is very conveniently located on a quiet street only 5 minutes walk from Paddington Station and a few minutes to Lancaster Gate Tube Station. We were very happy about almost everything at the Royal Park Hotel. There were a couple of things that were overlooked, however. The first thing my husband and I noticed when we entered the first of our booked suites, was that there were several obvious spots on the carpet in the sitting area (room 304). For the amount of money we spent for staying 8 nights, I would have thought the staff would have made sure the rooms were spotless. Room 303 had some soiled areas on the carpet also, but not as obvious as our other room. Another issue, that is quite minor, is the complimentary cookies stopped coming the last 2 or 3 days of our stay in my husband's room. Not sure what happened there. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay at the Royal Park Hotel and would for sure stay there again, despite the few issues we had. I was sad leaving the hotel after our 8 night stay, which says a lot! I recommend the Royal Park Hotel to travelers who would appreciate an English experience in a beautiful smaller boutique hotel (restored mid-19th century townhouses).

Room Tip: Upper floors quieter. Rooms in the front of the hotel have beautiful views.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

From the moment Chris the concierge greeted me on arrival, the service at this small boutique hotel was impeccable. The staff are true professionals and their attention to detail is excellent. The hotel has been created by joining three elegant townhouses to create a single property. Furnishings reflect the sophistication of a bygone era of understated refinement. Bedrooms are very small (typical of so many London hotels). Breakfast consists of a selection of continental choices plus the fresh cooked hot dish of your choice. The hotel is only six minutes walk from Paddington station and five minutes walk from the entrance to Kensington Gardens.

Room Tip: Some restaurants near Paddington station are tourist traps offering poor value for money. Use TripAdvisor to check eating choices before your visit.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently went on a European tour with 16 family members. Our first stop was London and we stayed at the Royal Park Hotel. As 17 exhausted travelers wheeled our suitcases from Paddington Station to the front door of the Royal Park Hotel, we were immediately greeted by hotel staff members that made us feel like our arrival was a celebration. We were checked in quickly and were on our way to tour the city. The rooms were nicely decorated and clean. They were stocked with typical hotel supplies, towels, and other necessities. The rooms were quiet and the beds were comfortable. Each day, we came back to our room and found fresh cookies in the cookie jar and complimentary bottles of water for each family member. There was a mini bar in the room, which was expensive, as is typical. There is a small dining room/restaurant near the main entrance. (This can also be reserved for a private family event, which we did.) A couple of reminders for American travelers: There is not an iron in the room. You must request one to be sent up each day, which we did with no problem. If you want cafe Americana (American-style coffee), you will need to order room service (expensive) or go to a different location to get it. Bring plenty of outlet converters and hair appliances that are dual voltage. If I return to London, I will stay at the Royal Park. Throughout our 11 days in Europe, no other hotel staff compared to our experience here. I can't emphasize this enough.

Room Tip: The typical room comfortably accommodates two people. They have other room configurations for additional family members.
1  Thank CWHS84