“OK, but limitations”

Roseate House London
Ranked #71 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a well-located quiet hotel with very friendly staff and a good ambiance. It's also reasonably priced by London standards - which isn't saying much. However it has certain drawbacks. (1) The weirdest wifi log-in system - only works half the time and need multiple codes printing out. (2) Some rooms are tiny - difficult to even walk round the bed. (3) No bar. So - all in all, a 3.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank honzad88
Angelo C, General Manager at Roseate House London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback. Unfortunately, our system of logging in has to be legally compliant in accordance with recent UK wifi laws. We are currently in the process of upgrading our network and looking at ways of streamlining the service. It is imperative to do this to meet the needs of the modern day traveller like yourself.
We do have our 'Honesty Bar' in the ground floor Blue Room which I think works very well! Thank you again for sharing your views and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,

Angelo Caporali

Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We spent a week at the Royal Park and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly, highly accommodating, and always displayed a professional and courteous attitude. Lucia and Chris were exceptional in servicing our needs and always followed up on the services and our activities. The hotel is conveniently located to a variety of restaurants and a few steps from the underground and train station and Hyde and Kensington parks and several museums. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JC O
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Perfect location to both Paddington station and Lancaster gate underground. A nice green lung in the heart of Bayswater, just a stone's throw from Hyde Park. We have been to other hotels in Bayswater, but this is a true hidden gem!
Great prices! Best staff to be found in London! They really have personalized the true essens of excellent servicemindness. It was true, sincere, warmhearted without any traces of salesman type of plastic hotel staff attitude!
Clean beutifull decorated rooms in light colours, a lounge where You can enjoy fine spirits, wine or beverages of Your tast by self servicing. They belive in people beeing honest, paying för their drinks. A beautiful breakfast room, elegant and very well thought out!
Wonderfull view to Conduit Meaw, silent and tranquilizing and well insulated rooms with good aircondition. Clean and fine bathrooms. Wonderful hardworking cleaning staff.
Free wifi!
Printouts? No problems, no charge!
Electrical adapters for your electronic devices? No problems, free of charge!
Hot today? Here, three bottles of still water as a compliment from the management!
The whole hotell was clean, fresh and gave You a truly warm family like hug as to welcome You to London!
The staff is a pride, top guns of the service army of London! No more, no less than the icing on the cake, the best of the best!
A pride for its business!
We WILL come back!

Room Tip: Chose into the Conduit Meaw!
2  Thank Heatlander
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked at the Royal Park for one night on our way from Wales to London Heathrow because of its proximity to Paddington Station.
The service at the hotel and attention to detail made our short stay feel like a bonus mini-holiday. The staff went above and beyond to help us. We travel frequently and I really can't remember the last time I encountered such lovely service. From the very rapid email replies to the help of their very friendly concierge, Chris, we were impressed. We were travelling with a lot of luggage and Chris even offered to accompany my husband back to station to help with the bags. He also recommended an excellent Indian restaurant around the corner.
Our room was small, but well-appointed with lots of attention to detail.
The feel of the Royal Park is much nicer than a typical family hotel, but the staff were very warm and welcoming to our three year old. Chris, the concierge, even remembered my son's name.
If you are in the Paddington area, I would very much recommend the Royal Park.

1  Thank BakuMarie
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel for nine days, and the overall experience was very good. The reviews were better than the reality. The room was smaller than I imagined (I have stayed in London hotels before) and there wasn't much walking room. The upside is that there were drawers for my clothes. The backboard of the bed was spotted with water marks and the carpet, while vacuumed, was still dingy and stained in places.
The view from my window was of rooftops akin to those in Mary Poppins and was nice at first but I would have liked to have seen more variety. The neighborhood was quiet, and very close to Paddington station, but was nothing special.
There wasn't an actual bar, but an 'honor bar' where you write down what you consumed and I suppose your room number to be charged later. I am not a bartender and was uncomfortable trying to make my own drink. The concierge was very nice and always greeted me when I left or came back. The wi fi vouchers were only good for a few days and were often bogged down by users so you couldn't log on. The TV was small too.
I will be looking for another hotel for my next stay in London, since the price was not really worth the experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AshleyReale84

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, I apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. I am happy to say that new head boards have been ordered as we aware of the need to replace a few existing ones. We spend a lot of time regularly checking the standards of our bedrooms and public areas and I have addressed the room you stayed in as a matter of priority. our Honesty Bar works very well although the idea may not appeal to a few. I hope this not dter you from staying with us again and hope to welcome you back soon! please contact me on acaporali@theroyalpark.com

Warm regards,

Angelo Caporali

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed in number 609 between 1 and 2 floors (executive suit as were with kid).Very good location , near Hyde park, friendly and pleasant personnel, clean rooms, not small size of the room, BUT , was incident when I was asked to pay for the breakfast (mistake was covered nicely by returning me 20 pounds for 1 night upgrade to executive). Breakfast was full of uncertainty, as I understood, if you have included breakfast , you can use buffet and the regular warm dishes like English breakfast would be charged additionally. Hole in the picture , tap that "sing some sad song" when turn on the cold water and air condition or something else which made some loud sounds sometimes, making this mark between average and very good. Comparing to other hotels I stayed in London its a good place, but pretend on luxury and boutique - hotel have a potential for development.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel as part of our UK tour during our honeymoon. It is a nice boutique hotel near Hyde Park, and is very nicely furnished inside. However, I had stayed at this hotel before and had a better experience last time. There seems to be a lack of communication between staff members, as well as between staff members and customers that sometimes became frustrating. Breakfast was enjoyable and can be served in your room if you wish!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple