“Unless money is a large barrier, don't stay here.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pembridge Palace Hotel

Pembridge Palace Hotel
Ranked #953 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Jonkoping, Sweden
“Unless money is a large barrier, don't stay here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here from Feb. 16-20 of 2014. I booked my room through Hotels.com. While the actual room was fine (very small, but from what I understand that is the norm in London).

The decor is old and tacky but if you are out and about in the city all day it's not a problem, which it wasn't for us. I paid approx. $110 CAD per night, and I feel I did not get my moneys worth at all.

Wifi is NOT FREE and very expensive. Around $10 per day. Had to pay 1 GBP to "rent" a power adaptor for my North American devices. Also had to pay 50 pence for them to print my boarding passes. I didn't really have a problem with the actual sum I had to pay for these things, but the concept that they charge you for such a little thing is what bugged me.

The service was very poor. I was given attitude by the front desk staff on multiple occasions.

Overall, I would stay somewhere else and would definitely not be in a hurry back. I had friends stay at the Tune Hotel by Westminster station (very central location) and they paid less. Although their room was very tiny, it did the job and if you are not planning on being in your room all day it shouldn't be a problem.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank withseidelinn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I booked this hotel through Expedia and wanted to give it a chance although I saw some bad reviews.
I got a room which is so small that I believe it cannot be marketed as a hotel room. I am 6ft tall and if I get up on my toes, I can touch the ceiling with my ELBOW. If I spread my arms I can touch walls on 3 sides of the room. I am some 12 inches short of touching the wall on the 4th side. It is that small!
I tried to get another room but they told me it is one of the best single rooms they have. I don't know what is worse: if they are telling the truth or if that was actually the case.
I am currently in the call with Expedia, but they are unable to reach the hotel. Horrible service from both Expedia and the hotel!

Room Tip: Another hotel, this one is to avoid!
Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank alex57643

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Iasi, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

The pros: the hotel is very well situated, for the price we paid I don't think we could have done better. kensington, notting hill, portobello are a 15 min walk away. bayswater and queensway underground station are very close: 5 min walk. there is a tesco, sainsbury's, mc' donalds and many small shops, souvenir shops, a couple of bars and restaurants nearby (max 5 min walk).
they have a good breakfast but it is a bit crowded so it is better to arrive early. you can also make reservations for breakfast depending at which hour you wake up(I know it may sound strange but the breakfast room is really small so this way you're sure to find a seat)
the cons: the rooms are in desperate need of renovation and could be cleaner. doors, windows, the noisy elevator seem a bit ancient.
I can't say anything against the staff because they were pretty decent when we requested to change our basement room for another on an upper floor.
In the end if great location is what you're looking for and you're on a budget(like us) this is a good place. if you're looking for comfortable, spotless rooms.. you'd better search elsewhere.

Room Tip: rooms on upper floors are warmer - winter tip:)
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

From walking through the door into reception we was welcomed by the staff, The staff were very polite and friendly. The hotel looked very clean and the staff helped us with local places to visit for the night life and helped with taxi charges. The room was nice the sheets were all clean and the bathroom was very clean also.

The bed was very comfy and I only had to make a phone call to ask for a second pillow and it was at the room with in a few minutes.

Coming back to the hotel quite late at night the staff were still very polite and welcoming asked if we have everything we need and asked if we had nice night. I had a very good nights sleep and it was a lovely continental breakfast in the morning.

After leaving the hotel I realised I left something in the room so I phoned up the hotel and they are now sending it to me via post. I got what I expected accommodation but I was pleasantly surprised with the 5* service excellent location easy walking distance to tube station and shops, the staff were fantastic.

Lovely hotel I would happily go again.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the lower rooms and I requested 3 single beds when booking.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a family weekend to celebrate my birthday. Unfortunately my mother died and we could not go. None the less the hotel refused to give us another date or refund. Yet everyone else from easy jet to London theaters and last minute all did so. No humanity or compassion. Don't they understand how important customer satisfaction is or do they just not care???

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank MoggyGla
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Went to this hotel to stay for new years eve in London.
I paid over 100 pounds a night.
The room was cramped and old, with really bad sound isolation. Could hear the neighbours across the hall chatting.
The air was so dry at night I got a sore throat and started coughing.
Bathroom was ok, bad flushing and the side of the tub was finished with a plywood slab painted black. Warm water though.
The breakfast included is not worth consideration if you ask me and the dining area is really small and cramped.
Ok if you pay under 50 a night. Some of the staff are helpful, other seems uninterrested.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, NH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

This was absolutely the worst hotel we ever had the misfortune of staying in. Tiny room; incredibly noisy; filthy; drunks roaming the halls at all hours of the night. Free breakfast was like a cattle call with low quality: food, coffee, orange juice. Surly non-english speaking staff. Guest in room above us spent the night moving furniture around - no help from staff! We were moved to another room on our second night at 2 am - this new room had no running water! This was the last straw so we left the next morning. Unfortunately, the hotel would not give us a refund.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple