“Great Hotel”

Ranked #946 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I wanted a single room just for one night, the room was tiny but enough for me. I took a room with attached bathroom. Had no hassles. Queensway tube is nearby 6 -7 min walk. Provided breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abuja
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked this hotel with the assumption that it's a single ensuite room because I saw "single room with bathroom", but when I was there, the bathroom is outside the room, although the room is very small, but it's ok for a budget hotel.
The location is good, very close to so many tourist shops and restaurants, close to Bayswater and Queensway stations.
The hotel has a nice and rich breaksfast. The staff are mostly multilingual and very friendly.
The rooms and the hotel in general is neat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Chichester
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We needed a hotel in London, reasonably reachable from the Royal Albert Hall, as we were attending the Radio 2 Folk Awards in February. My daughter found this hotel and, at £51 for the night including breakfast (which, by the way, far exceeded my expectations of a continental breakfast, especially the scrambled eggs!), this seemed to fit the bill. It's about 5 minutes not-too-brisk a walk from Bayswater tube station, with a number of restaurants near the station, so convenient for them, too. The room was sufficiently large for the two of us, with good en-suite facilities. The staff were very helpful and there was much evidence of cleanliness of the hotel being important, in addition to its welcoming ambience. All in all, we were very pleased with this 'find' and are happy to recommend it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jonkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here from Feb. 16-20 of 2014. I booked my room through Hotels.com. While the actual room was fine (very small, but from what I understand that is the norm in London).

The decor is old and tacky but if you are out and about in the city all day it's not a problem, which it wasn't for us. I paid approx. $110 CAD per night, and I feel I did not get my moneys worth at all.

Wifi is NOT FREE and very expensive. Around $10 per day. Had to pay 1 GBP to "rent" a power adaptor for my North American devices. Also had to pay 50 pence for them to print my boarding passes. I didn't really have a problem with the actual sum I had to pay for these things, but the concept that they charge you for such a little thing is what bugged me.

The service was very poor. I was given attitude by the front desk staff on multiple occasions.

Overall, I would stay somewhere else and would definitely not be in a hurry back. I had friends stay at the Tune Hotel by Westminster station (very central location) and they paid less. Although their room was very tiny, it did the job and if you are not planning on being in your room all day it shouldn't be a problem.

1 Thank withseidelinn

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I booked this hotel through Expedia and wanted to give it a chance although I saw some bad reviews.
I got a room which is so small that I believe it cannot be marketed as a hotel room. I am 6ft tall and if I get up on my toes, I can touch the ceiling with my ELBOW. If I spread my arms I can touch walls on 3 sides of the room. I am some 12 inches short of touching the wall on the 4th side. It is that small!
I tried to get another room but they told me it is one of the best single rooms they have. I don't know what is worse: if they are telling the truth or if that was actually the case.
I am currently in the call with Expedia, but they are unable to reach the hotel. Horrible service from both Expedia and the hotel!

Room Tip: Another hotel, this one is to avoid!
Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank alex57643
Iasi, Romania
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The pros: the hotel is very well situated, for the price we paid I don't think we could have done better. kensington, notting hill, portobello are a 15 min walk away. bayswater and queensway underground station are very close: 5 min walk. there is a tesco, sainsbury's, mc' donalds and many small shops, souvenir shops, a couple of bars and restaurants nearby (max 5 min walk).
they have a good breakfast but it is a bit crowded so it is better to arrive early. you can also make reservations for breakfast depending at which hour you wake up(I know it may sound strange but the breakfast room is really small so this way you're sure to find a seat)
the cons: the rooms are in desperate need of renovation and could be cleaner. doors, windows, the noisy elevator seem a bit ancient.
I can't say anything against the staff because they were pretty decent when we requested to change our basement room for another on an upper floor.
In the end if great location is what you're looking for and you're on a budget(like us) this is a good place. if you're looking for comfortable, spotless rooms.. you'd better search elsewhere.

Room Tip: rooms on upper floors are warmer - winter tip:)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

From walking through the door into reception we was welcomed by the staff, The staff were very polite and friendly. The hotel looked very clean and the staff helped us with local places to visit for the night life and helped with taxi charges. The room was nice the sheets were all clean and the bathroom was very clean also.

The bed was very comfy and I only had to make a phone call to ask for a second pillow and it was at the room with in a few minutes.

Coming back to the hotel quite late at night the staff were still very polite and welcoming asked if we have everything we need and asked if we had nice night. I had a very good nights sleep and it was a lovely continental breakfast in the morning.

After leaving the hotel I realised I left something in the room so I phoned up the hotel and they are now sending it to me via post. I got what I expected accommodation but I was pleasantly surprised with the 5* service excellent location easy walking distance to tube station and shops, the staff were fantastic.

Lovely hotel I would happily go again.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the lower rooms and I requested 3 single beds when booking.