“Bed bugs in the rooms”
Review of Queens Park Hotel

Queens Park Hotel
Ranked #937 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I have stayed at the Queens Park Hotel and the last 2 times there have been bed bugs in the room. They were on the pillows and in the bed and we took photos and complained. Me and my wife have been bitten all over and have been to the doctors.
The rooms are not very clean and the drainage in the bathrooms really smell bad. I would not recommend this hotel a hostel would be better!!!

Room Tip: Make sure it is clean and hygientic
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Queenspark_Manager, Manager at Queens Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Apologies that you claim that bedbugs were found in the room you occupied during your stay.
Firstly, We have received any complaints of bedbugs and if what you claim is true, I am surprised that you did not take this matter to the Manager of the Hotel.
All our staff are well trained to take any complaint and report directly to the Managers, however, we have not received this complaint.
I would be very grateful if you could send through your booking details directly to the Hotel in order to investigate your claimed case further.
In the meantime, many thanks for taking the time to review us of your recent stay, and once again apologies for any convenience you suffered.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,834)

Reviewed 2 May 2012

My wife and myself have just completed a trip to England and various other countries in Europe.
We selected this hotel off the internet as it looked quite nice and in a very centralised location for our needs. Unfortunately what we found was nothing short of disappointment in this hotel.
The room we were allocated was about the size of a shoe box. The noise that filtered through the whole establishment was astounding. It actually turned out to be something like a backpackers hotel, with the majority of guests staying one or two nights at the most. The breakfast was very basis and very Humdrum every morning, As we stayed a total of three nights.
There was one staff member who was helpful for certain information we required about the local area and travel services.
Not recommended for a stay.

Room Tip: Do not bother.
1  Thank Retcon

Thank you for taking the time to review the Queens Park hotel.
I would like to explain a little about the circumstances involved of your recent stay.
You state that the room allocated was the "size of a shoe box", Please note that, With regards to the room size, London is a very highly populated area, and due to this, room sizes are somewhat smaller than their counterpart in Europe. This is particularly so in Central London.
Also, the "size of a shoe box" is an exxageration to say the least, admittedly they are not huge, but nevertheless, extremely large enough to accomodate 2 persons in a double, for instance.
The walls are not thin, however, during the time you had stayed, there was a group of more than 15 people celebrating stag party. Admittedly, they were making a lot of noise, however, our staff did ask them to keep noise levels to a minimum. They later apologised and did state that it was as a result of their excitement for the special occasion.
We too, apologise on their behalf, but would like to reassure you that this is certainly not the norm at the Queens Park hotel.
The Breakfast has recently been upgraded and we apologise that this did not meet your expecations.
We would have thought that a choice of scrambled eggs, sausages, baked beans, mushrooms, cheese, fruit, yoghurt, 4 types of cereal, freshly baked croissants, bread rolls, toast and jam preserves, tea/coffee/a selection of 3 different types of juice, would be a sufficient variety of choice for our guests who all receive a free breakfast with their room rate.
On the contrary, recent reviews do in fact praise us for our wide variety of breakfast at no extra cost!
I do hope that this explanation (which should not be misconstructed as an excuse) has shed some light, and that you will accept our deep regrets and apologies for any unpleasantness you had suffered.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

There was some remodeling going on so it was a bit noisy. I have never seen such small lifts as in this hotel. One feels claustrophobic in there.The room was too small. One could hardly move about. The bathroom was very smelly and the smell was coming from the shower drain. This was cleaned twice and we were given an air fresher to use. In this day and age free Internet is a major plus for any hotel. The location is very good with easy transportation by bus or tube. The staff was quite friendly. Breakfast was better than I thought it would be.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Queenspark_Manager, Manager at Queens Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Imran K,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Queens Park Hotel following your recent stay with us.
The elevators are indeed small, but due to the Hotel being a non purpose built Hotel, elevators were fitted as according to the existing building. We regularly service and maintain the elevators and can confidently say that although tey do appear small, they run extremely effeciently.
We are negotiating with several elevator Companies to try to fit another elevator in the building and I must say that we may have found a solution to this and may be installing a bigger lift in the very near future.
Apologies that you found the bathroom smelly, I have looked into this and have called drain experts to sort and rid the problem. They have been working on the affected room and am pleased to inform you that the problem has been resolved and no longer exists.
We do charge for WiFi, however we only charge a very small fee which we compare ourselves extremely competative in relation to other Hotels and internet cafe's nearby.
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our breakfast. We have recently upgraded our breakfast menu to give our guests a wider variety, as we do believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
We hope you consider coming back in the near future, and thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed for 4 nights, and had no issues during our stay, and only a few complaints. Everything was clean, and the hotel staff were friendly. The room had its own bathroom with WC/Shower, which was a big plus. Deduction has to be made for no working channels on the television in our room, and the fact that there was a huge scaffolding outside our window. Breakfast was good (Egg, beans, bread, sausage, etc.). The room, elevators, and halls were small, but as we expected in London. Although there are areas the hotel could improve upon, they give good value for the price, and a great choice for a budget long-weekend in London.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed here in June 2011, after the refurb had taken place and it was a fantastic hotel. Excellent value for money and a great location. We was given the biggest room in the hotel and it was awesome. The refurb had been done to a high standard and in my opinion and we felt that by paying £80.00 per night, we got a great deal!
I assume the majority of negative comments were written before the refurb, as we really couldn't find anything to moan about !

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I brought a USA HS student group to this hotel; it was arranged for us via a travel company. First, the pros: the front desk people were nice, helpful and accommodating, taking care of our luggage b/c we came in early. The breakfast was fine and ample, though nothing to write home about (eggs, sausage, cereal, coffee, juice, toast, etc). Overall, the room was somewhat clean. I was lucky to have a window that looked out on the street and therefore there was good air circulation. The showers were always hot. The internet worked well in the lobby (a must for me b/c I needed to work during the trip). The neighborhood felt safe enough - kind of like Allston/Brighton for those in the Boston area. The Queensbury tube stop was less than a 5 minute walk, which served us well. The location, next to Hyde Park was really a bonus.

The cons: We asked specifically for renovated rooms, since it seems those got the best reviews and were the cleanest. Um, renovated Hotel Queens Park? I'd ask for your money back from the workers because if those rooms were renovated they did a CRAP job. The carpet was stained and poorly laid and the walls/sink/shower were scuffed and worn. The elevators were scary small.

The hotel served its purpose, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed here 17th April eve of my 50 th birthday as a Jersey Boys package through encore. Booked into room 19 on the third floor of the New Buid. The room was cold on arrival, we switched on the radiator and also switched on a stand alone oil radiator. We got changed and went into the West End for Dinner and to see Jersey Boys. On our return to the Hotel the room was still cold, the radiator on the wall under the window had not come on. The oil filled radiator did not warm the room. We had a cup of tea and got into bed. The bedding consited of one sheet and a thread bear stained blanket that I would not put in my dogs bed. Consequently we were freezing and called reception for more bedding which arrived shortly after our call. We lay awake all night, at 7am I thought I would get a shower only to find there was no hot water! I rang recepetion who said the boiler was not working he would send someone up. Also the TV was not tuned in. My husband and I vacated the room immediatly and went to reception. I was advised the reservation manager was on his way. We had difficuly find a seat to eat our breakfast but a hot drink was very welcome. the reservations manager was very dismissive, he said he had checked the room and the problem was a trip switch to the bolier had failed. He then offerred us a room to use to get a shower however as we had to be at Euston within the hour we could not accept this offer. They took my details and e-mailed me offerring 25% of my bill and 15% off if I stayed at this Hotel again! what an insult! I have now taken my complaint up with Encore who will write to me within 10 days. I would suggest if you are booking to see a show you book your Hotel independantly having reviewed Trip Advisor first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that they show pictures of on their website, do not accpet untill you have checked`al...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Queenspark_Manager, Manager at Queens Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

The Queens Park Hotel is naturally distressed by such negative reaction in regards to your recent stay here, but very much appreciate you taking the time and trouble you have gone to in order to tell us of your stay.
Apologies, there did seem to be a problem with the trip switch and when this was discovered, we attended to the problem right away.
The issue was resolved almost instantly. We offered you 25% of your total stay as a gesture of goodwill.
Kindly note that extra blankets were provided and engineers were called in to investigate the problem with the TV.
I am pleased to inform you that all has been corrected and this problem no longer exists.
Apologies once again and we hope you accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.