“housekeeping and passing the blame”
Review of Central Park Hotel

Central Park Hotel
Ranked #861 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“housekeeping and passing the blame”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

From the outside of this hotel it looked lovely and the reception staff were plesent but when visiting our room it smelled of cigarette smoke, to which we complained about at reception and we asked if we could be moved to a different room. We were told that no more rooms were available untill the next day and said they would report it. They then handed us an air freshener and told us to open the window. As we had no option but to stay the night in that room I did open the window but it then got stuck and would not close. I also found one sock and a sanitary towel under the bed. I went back down to see the deputy manager to which he said that nothing previous had been reported about our room smelling of cigarette smoke with no apologie. I felt the employees where passing the blame throughout my short and unplesent stay. Would not stay again!

Room Tip: Look under the beds.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Even though the location is good, the rooms are the worst I have ever ever stayed in. Tiny, grubby, and miserable, the beds and pillows are not much better. On complaint, the response was not great from staff and the room we were moved to not much better. Breakfast also poor. Extremely disappointed. DO NOT stay here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here one night for a discounted price in room 540 - I would say though that even with the discount it was not worth it as I have stayed in many hotel rooms and accommodation flats that were cheaper yet much better in quality.

The room had an old musty stench as soon as you walked in. The window had been left open so the room was freezing and even after adjusting the thermostat it was cold for a long while after - due to a draught from gaps in the old window. This was a problem at night as it got chilly inside even with the thermostat turned to the highest temperature setting.

The room was not cleaned well with the previous guests items under one of the beds and general dirtiness. The window was particularly grubby and poorly maintained with bits of dirt and fungi around the window frame as well as dampness that had transmitted to the curtains. The TV remote battery cover was missing and the batteries were held in place by ordinary tape...this meant using the remote was problematic as you kept having to push the batteries back in for it to work.

The bathroom sink did not drain the water as the device for opening the sink hole wasn't working. Even after calling reception and asking them to send someone up to have a look no one came up.

We also found that noises were very easily transmitted across walls which was a new experience given the amount of hotel stays we have experienced in the bad. This affected my sleep and although the beds were comfortable I couldn't fall asleep thanks to children crying and incessant loud grunting of a snorer somewhere near by.

When checking out we informed a lady working at reception, who apologised and noted down our concerns but we had the distinct feeling that that was pretty much all that was going to be done to address the issues raised.

All in all an unpleasant stay, besides the great looking reception, everything else was dreadful. I would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ali A
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

1. Very very small room
2. Cleaning not good
3. Too exspensive
4. Do not recommend. Try to find something else

Just one block from the underground so the location is good. Pretty much the only good thing I have to say about it.

1 Thank ThoraSoffia
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I Stayed at Central Park Hotel London for one week and I have nothing bad to say about this hotel because I didn t pay for 5 star Hotel to complain a lots about this Hotel The location was great with the tube station very close, Hyde Park across the street and quite a few supermarkets the breakfast was really expansive (£10) so i took my breakfast outside and Hotel staff was very helpful !!!

Room Tip: Good Location In London
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rominghan K
London
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed at Central Park Hotel for 3 nights and I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The location was great with the tube station very close, Hyde Park across the street and quite a few supermarkets/ pubs close by. Room was very clean and spacious and had a really good sleep. The temperature was lovely and I did not feel cold (and I'm always cold) but also the windows can be opened so no worries about being too hot either. Really enjoyed my stay, especially considering the price and location and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Lumi C