“central but rooms too small”
Review of Reem Hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is simply the worst ever hotel i have ever stayed at in my life. Filthy corridor and hallways that stink of smoke. The elevator is missing buttons. Reception staff rude and useless. The room was small and equipped with an awful bed, there is no cupboard just a bar with three hangers. No mini bar, you have to go downstairs to get bottles water out of a box. There is no climate control in the room so you have to have an open window the whole time. This hotel cost £200 per night, for 15 more I could have stayed at the Hilton nearby or any other number of places thats would have been infinitely better. This was a terrible hotel and I don't believe they should be allowed to continue operating as a hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank pistacio
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were three persons. At the begining they gave us a three bed room, where only three beds wre fitted. You dont have space to move or to go to the bath. Then they gave us another room which was very small too, but it was clean. It is very close to Bayswater Tube Station.

Room Tip: Three bed room is too small
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We made it to this hotel which is in an ok location but doesn't look that great from the outside. The inside is even worse! There was building work going on. We tried to check in and were told there had been a problem with our room and that they were moving us. I was not happy it was a boiling hot day and I just wanted a room to freshen up in, they did tell us they would get us a taxi, which they paid for. The one thing that annoyed me more than anything was the man on the desk saying we've found you somewhere in the south of the city but its only guaranteed for one night, we had paid for two, he did say that he would try his best to get us there for two nights which it turned out we did stay in the other place for two night, but apart from that he was saying this new place is costing me 3 times more than you paid for here, I'm sorry though but that's not my problem ,we didn't ask them to double book us but I'm so glad they did cause we had a much better hotel in a much better area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 19 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The hotel was located in Notting Hill, so the area was nice and quite peaceful. The rooms were small, but cozy. The staff was polite and helpful. There was free wifi in all rooms and a (slow) computer in the lobby. The beds were comfortable and big enought. The bus stops and a subway station are near, so the connections to the city centre are very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The moral of this story is to plan in advance. I had a few extra days in London and thought I could find some last-minute deals on hotels. Sadly, this was not the case and I wound up at the Reem for over $300/night.

I usually stay at Hiltons/Hyatts/Marriotts, so the Reem was a real shock to me. It was a comfortable place to stay and had a private bath, but it was very, very small and not up to the standards of one of the larger western chains. With a fine Hilton being a 10 a hostel being a 1, the Reem gets a 4.

What I did like about it was the location. The Bayswater neighborhood is very well located and close to the Tube, Hyde Park and Kensington Palace.

The room and private bathroom were very clean, just so, so small. I am a tall guy (6'8") and my feet hung off the end of the single bed. The desk was against the foot of the bed and my head was against the wall, so I really had to squeeze myself in when laying down.

I would actually stay here again if I got a really low price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo