“Wont go there again”
Review of Reem Hotel

Reem Hotel
Ranked #607 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and the location quite central in Bayswater, and quiet, too. Our room was horribly small and the bed was a disaster, much too small for 2 people. I dont know the general price level in London, but I think it was too expensive for what we got.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2014

As most others note, the location is excellent, adjacent to underground and trains(Paddington). The staff was also friendly, but that is as much as i have to say on the good side. The rooms are claustrophobic to say the least, the breakfast is either basic (continental) or slow (Full English). There is no ventilation to talk about (our rooms even had stops so that you could not open the window more than a few centimeters) and the free WiFi does not work or is so slow that it is unusable. The first night (we arrived 23:30) they could not give us our rooms on some student vandalism pretext, so we had to go to another (much older and way fever stars) for our first night. We lost a few hours in total due to that, and were offered no compensation whatsoever (except for a claim that we were put in a renovated room as a compensation when we started to bring up the issue - it might have been true, or just made up at the moment, who knows... Apropriate would have been to refund or half-charge that night)

All in all, there are better hotels in London for the prices charged. - Avoid

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The reason I booked the reek hotel was because I was looking for a good deal and somewhere close to be able to get into central london, such as the london underground. The reem hotel is only a 5-10 min walk away from the underground and from there is was a 21 minute journey into central london. I arrived late thursday night after a long college day, I rang up just to confirm to them I was still coming and I was going to be late I received excellent response from the guy who was on reception that night who reassured me that everything was fine and thanked me for ringing them. Once I arrived i was super travel sick and tired so I asked for some information on local take aways for food the receptionist then stood with me for 10-15 mins after checking me in, showing me the local pizza places plus restaurants. I decided to check out my room quickly and dump all of my bags in the room instead of carrying them around once i was going out to get some food.

I then left my room and walked back out of the hotel where I was surprised to find a macdonalds just round the corner and there was also a pizza hut very close etc, I picked up a macdonalds and went straight back to the hotel where they allowed me to eat it in my room.

I also noticed that there were some lovely shops along the high street when I was walking up to macdonalds I stopped in a few and had a look around but id not have a lot of time so I just window shopped.

My stay was short but sweet I had no problems whatsoever and the room was comfy and very clean, and for the price paid it was worth it I booked through a website and managed to pay just 69.52 which for london is pretty dam good considering the prices I was looking at before were over 100 pounds.

I highly recommend this hotel with lovely staff and comfy beds.

I did not eat the free breakfast because I was in a rush but it looked lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floor tend to gather loud noises from rooms above but don't worry you are sti...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank alice7645
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I chose to stay at the Reem based on the mostly positive feedback. However I have a few tips for the London visitor looking to stay at this hotel.

~The location is excellent... it's a safe neighborhood and super handy to two different underground stations, Bayswater adn Queensway, literally a 5-7 min. walk. Paddington is also close.

~You simply MUST ask to be put in a refurbished room! We were originally given a non-refurbished room and it was, simply put, awful! The carpet was worn and torn, albeit repaired. The bathroom was filled with mold on the grout in both the shower and the floor and there were a number of tiles chipped or missing. There was a very unpleasant odor coming from it as well. The lighting was dim, and our little bedside lamp actually was more like a strobe light... on/off/on/off the entire time. We had to hug the wall to get around the bed... I understand rooms are small, but seriously, I'd say maybe 6 inches between the foot of the bed and the wall. There was basically no room to unpack... just a small wardrobe to hang a few things, but no shelves and no floor space! The small desk held a tray with tea-making supplies [a big plus!] but there was NO room for anything else and you had no where to move the tea tray. So you seriously would be walking around or ON your suitcase if you had to stay in this room. The window didn't open more than 3 inches so no air came in and it was HOT! No AC. While we don't hang out to watch tv while on vacation, an occasional news broadcast or something would be good at night. The 10" [or maybe 13"] tv was located on the side wall ABOVE the wardrobe... close to the ceiling! Seriously?!

~The staff was friendly however some were a bit deceptive... seeing we had no AC, we asked if they had fans. We were told they were stowed under the desk. We had no fan there, so upon further asking we were told they were going to run out to purchase a 'hair dryer' for us. We explained no, it was a FAN we wanted, not a hair dryer. We were told they have no fans. [if you look at previous posted pictures, you will see fans.] We asked about AC, we were told some rooms had AC... then they changed that to 'no, we don't have AC.' We eventually asked if all the rooms were this tiny, at that point the guy at the reception told us they might be able to move us to another room the next day as many people were leaving. We basically packed up, checked out, stored our luggage and when we came back that evening we were given a new room. The new desk manager told us SOME rooms have AC, but not our new room.

~The refurbished room was WONDERFUL. The carpet was clean, there was a little room to walk around, the desk even had shelves to store cell phone or charger, papers, wallet, etc. Plenty of electrical outlets around. The lamp worked and didn't flash off/on all night. The window opened so we had air coming in which cooled off the room sufficiently for us. [In the heat of the summer I would also request a room with AC.] The bathroom was gorgeous... there was even a built-in shelf area for holding towels and toiletries. There was a normal tv hanging in front of the bed at a normal height. The bed was very comfortable, the linens very crisp and clean. [However bed in non-refurbished room was also comfy.] They had some alcove space under the bed in order to keep your suitcase out of the way as well.

~A couple things I would add here... if they're going to the trouble to refurbish, and there is SUCH a difference in quality between the two, they really should discount the older rooms. Also, in the refurbished bathroom there was NOWHERE to put the toilet paper, no holder! It was up high on the shelf next to the sink, just so odd. And, there was NO shelf in the shower stall... so where can you put the shampoo and soap or gel? Putting it on the floor is odd as well and it is a tight fit, so it's awkward. Also, there is no hand towel holder at all, so you have to lay the towel over the sink. And while they did put in a towel warmer, it was high on the wall next to the ceiling, so I'm not sure what the point was! Esp when the bathroom is so nice and new and looked so great, the little things can add up; however they are little things.

~The breakfast staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was fine. Nothing to rave about, however it carried the basics... croissants, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, yogurts, canned fruit [peaches and grapefruit] and fresh fruit [apples, bananas, oranges], 3 cereals and juice, as well as your choice of coffee, tea, hot chocolate. You could purchase a cooked breakfast for an additional £2.50. We chose not to.

All in all we managed okay in the Reem Hotel. However again, I would NOT stay here if I could not have a refurbished room. My ratings reflect an average of the two. Lastly, we had a room that overlooked the park or square to the back... we needed to have our window open to let in air since it was so hot, but we did hear all the people partying around the square until wee hours of the morning. We were tired enough that it didn't bother us, however for the light sleeper it might be a problem.

Room Tip: Refurbished a MUST. Rooms next to the elevator might be louder. It is loud overlooking the park [w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kargalvan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great hotel, with superb location, just a few steps from Hyde Park and close to Victoria Station. Additionally next to the hotel you will find a cycle hire. I really recommend you this type of travelling across London. Room are rather small, but renovated, lcd on the wall, both tea, coffee and electric kettle are available. European socket is located in the bathroom. Guys from the reception desk are more than helpful (pozdrowienia dla całej polskiej załogi:). Good continental breakfast and excellent service. I really enjoyed my stay and can honestly recommend you Reem Hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 84Piotrek
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Loved the stay there! Great price for what you get. Reception professional and friendly with a decent breakfast. Room was kind of small but adequate and bathroom was fine. It was also reasonably central, only a short walk to some nice cafés and underground. Definitely recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Isaac W
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The location of the hotel was good. The staff are not very helpful.The brekfast was not good. The rooms are small and old.There was an air cond. at the room but they couldn't find the remote control so we couldn't use it. And the room was very hot for sleeping.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends