“Dirty, noisy and old”
Review of Brunel Hotel

Brunel Hotel
Ranked #751 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Rooms are very small. Wall paper peeling off, Bath rooms simply disgusting! I sleep in hotels all over the world every week and I don't complain quickly but this was really terrible. WIll never stay in this hotel again. Accross the street there is a hotel named '27 Paddington': that is MUCH better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marc from Holla... v
FabrizioScalia, Guest Relations Manager at Brunel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Marc,
thank you indeed for the feedback provided.

I apologize on the behalf of the Hotel management if the room assigned and our service were unable to meet your expectations this time.
We are currently refurbishing some spaces and rooms and for this reason we would like to invite you again for your next stay in the city to showcase our improvements.

Thank you once more for choosing The Brunel Hotel.
Kind Regards,

Fabrizio Scalia

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We checked in on the hop. What a great surprise. We had room 104, a great bay windowed room. The hotel was nice and warm. Well situated and appointed. The shower was good and the room facilitites were excellent (1 x double and 1 x single in ours). A good price and the breakfast in a clean well appointed restaurant was really good.

Room Tip: 104 was very good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BristolPete1
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel has mixed reviews so I hesitated before booking it. The reviews are mostly correct in that the rooms are tiny, the bathroom not much bigger than a shoe box, no water pressure in the shower and the place feeling a little tired in places. However - it is clean, the staff are friendly, it's warm, breakfast perfectly OK, great location and it's cheap! So overall I think it offers good value for money.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jon_Starkey
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My stay was in 1999, so wifi wasn't an issue. But this was my first trip abroad, and I have great memories of the Brunel. You always fondly remember your first ;)

I liked that there wasn't a triple room available so I got one to myself! That was a great experience for me. I didn't miss the minifridge, and I wouldn't much care now. People who are up in arms about this: GO OUT AND EAT! YOU'RE IN THE GREATEST CITY ON EARTH! GO EAT FOOD! if you get a room in London and then want to eat garbage from the store, there is something seriously wrong with you.

The bathroom wasn't huge, but it's not like I have to live there. We stayed I think 12 nights and I was only in the room to shower and sleep most of the time.
The breakfast (there was breakfast then, I haven't read anything in the recent reviews about it, maybe it's discontinued) was free, and really that's about the best thing about it, but free is free.

The staff were very kind (even though myself and my friend had to be told not to play on the lift (we were fourteen!) I didn't feel slighted or like they were unprofessional at all) and I was pleased with how well they handled some of the silly american questions we asked (Only one of us had been out of the country before...).

Room Tip: My room was on the cross street side (up and around the corner from the front door) and while I coul...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed for a long weekend, hotel was lovely, rooms bit small but we didn't stay in them much, staff very helpful and friendly, very clean rooms, close to paddington station two min walk away and some lovely restaurants also close by.

Room Tip: We had asked for double rooms, they we're clean and tidy but very small, this was ok for us as w...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank t0r0nt0girl09
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel is in a very good location, 10 minute walk from Paddington Stn for rail link to Heathrow, and a brisk 30 minute walk into main shopping streets - Regent St, Oxford St etc. Hotel itself is fine; room was very small but adequate for a short city break. Clean. Lovely towels. Wi-Fi was a bit hit & miss and this was frustrating at times. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fine, with good quality coffee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Barbara O
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

First time staying here and would book again if I were to return to London.

Good
Very friendly staff, lovely man on reception couldn't have been more kind and helpful in getting me a taxi to the station when the tubes where on strike, even waiting after his shift ended to ensure it came.
Rooms where clean, comfy beds, good shower and telly.
Great location

Not so good
Rooms weren't massive and neither where the bathrooms but they where fine for a few nights stay.

Thanks, I'll be back and will recommend you to friends.

• Stayed: February 2014