“Camden gem”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Camden
Description: Namaaste Kitchen is a critically-acclaimed modern Indian bar and grill in the heart of London's buzzing Camden Town and trendy Primrose Hill.Namaaste Kitchen specialises in modern and healthy Indian cooking that boasts style, ambience and hospitality in authentic Indian and Pakistani grills, prepared in the restaurant's spectacular show kitchen in full view of diners. Since opening in 2010, it has established itself as one of the best Indian restaurants in London and has received glowing reviews and accolades including'Best Newcomer 2012' in the prestigious Asian Curry Awards.Namaaste Kitchen opens seven days a week, and has a private dining area to view all the action of chefs cooking. The restaurant's menu is available to takeaway or for delivery in the Camden area.
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Sabirba, Front Office Manager at Namaaste Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Adrian

Thank you for dining with us. The Namaaste Kitchen team is delighted that you've enjoyed your evening with us.
As you rightly said "This is one of the better Indian kitchens in North London. Fresh ingredients, balanced flavours and doesn't leave you with that oily, unhealthy feeling afterwards. Great wines on offer as well."

Look forward to seeing you with us sometime soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Thank you again Namaaste, as this is one of my favourite restaurants I decided to take a group from work for end of (financial) year outing. They were more than impressed with the food, (presentation, quality, innovation) and of course the service. Your desserts, especially the carrot samosa are just lovely. I will definitely be going again and bringing more friends along.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is, hands down, my favourite Indian restaurant of all those I have visited across the UK. The menu is innovative and I like to try something different each time - instead of the usual fare you seem to get in Indian restaurants here, they also offer you dishes such as sea bass goan style, soft shell crab and pistachio chicken with edible silver. My favourite starter is the tandoori mushrooms, which are the right mix of spicy, savoury and sweet. They often have half-price deals on, so it's worth checking the website before you visit. Alcohol is also reasonably priced.

My only gripe would be the £3 surcharge for seafood, but this is only on the special discounted menus, so I can't complain too much. Really, give it a go -- I would love to see more Indian restaurants of this ilk.

Dear Kavalyovas

Thank you for dining with us, we are absolutely thrilled to read your review

"my favourite Indian restaurant of all those I have visited across the UK. The menu is innovative"

Thank you very much.

Look forward to seeing you with us again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 16 January 2014

In a nutshell: Unusual menu; this is not a traditional British 'Indian' - forget about chicken Tikka Masala. There are some flavours that you will not find in many places: the salmon tikka is v interesting; my friends tell me the rabbit 'Achari' is very good. I tasted a number of the vegetarian-type starters - they were very good indeed.

On the downside, I found the vegetable side dishes that came with the main courses lacked some flavour, e.g. the okra and aubergine. The yellow daal was satisfying however.

The service is perhaps overly charming.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

A really unusual menu - well priced, with attentive staff. It might look like a fairly typical London Indian restaurant. It definitely isn't . I particularly recommend the Rajasthan Laal Maas, which is
very spicy lamb with roasted red chillies served with pulao rice.