“Good value in an area of expensive restaurants”
Review of Red Sun Chinese

Red Sun Chinese
Ranked #3,333 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 22 May 2013

If you liked those cheap little shabby back street restaurants in Hong Kong where the food took precedence over the decor, then you will like this. Mum in the kitchen cooks delicious Shanghai cuisine and Ellie and her girls serve. Try the 'feast' which at only £15 a head which is such good value but sadly only available for a minimum of 8 people. If the quality of the loos and furniture are important to you, forget it!

1  Thank MikeH385
There are newer reviews for Red Sun Chinese

Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

We visited at the bank holiday weekend, we saw that it was full of chinese people and decided it must be good. In entering we were shown to our table, the restaurant is very shabby and in need of some general repair, we placed our order and while we were waiting for it to arrive i went to the toilet!!!!! Omg i was horrified, i walked along the passage following the toilet signs and noticed that they boiled the kettle to wash up, they used a hand wash sink to wash up! I carried on down stairs to the toilet and could not believe my eye's i have never been in such gross toilets!! We left our food, paid walk and and will never return!

2  Thank Cumbriacannons
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Not a great restaurant, food's ok, fills a whole but really only very very average takeaway food that you would find on any high street. Not real authentic Chinese food, but western Chinese. I wouldn't go back to sit down and eat (think you can do so much better!), but I would go back for a very late night takeaway to take home perhaps.

1  Thank Neil C
Reviewed 4 May 2013

My wife and I dined here in April....twice. The first time an Anglo couple gave us suggestions which were delightful. The second time we were on our own with just oriental people dining/ The menu is complex, and we did not do as well. Nevertheless good service and reasonable prices

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I'd heard a lot about Red Sun, it was menat to be authentic and really good. It was full of Chinese tourists but the food was nowhere near as good as you can eat at half a dozen places in China Town or even in a couple on Baker Street. Red Sun was cheap but still not worth the money. I was disappointed, I thought I'd really like this place.