“Very poor and getting worse”
Review of Red Sun Chinese

Red Sun Chinese
Ranked #2,598 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have been going to this place for the last two years and have stopped now. This is quite a run down and unfancy place but the food used to be really nice. It has gradually become a cheap and cheerful Chinese that I really don't want to go back to. Don't get me wrong, the menu hasn't changed. The quality of the food, however, is nowhere near as good as it used to be. I went back after a bad experience and gave the place the benefit of the doubt. The next time round it was just as bad so I have crossed this one off my list of haunts now.

2  Thank Ash H

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Good pricing, very well prepared Shanghainese food. Enjoyed the dumplings and pork knuckles! Would love to try the feast dinner next time!

1  Thank Wendy8088
Reviewed 22 May 2013

If you liked those cheap little shabby back street restaurants in Hong Kong where the food took precedence over the decor, then you will like this. Mum in the kitchen cooks delicious Shanghai cuisine and Ellie and her girls serve. Try the 'feast' which at only £15 a head which is such good value but sadly only available for a minimum of 8 people. If the quality of the loos and furniture are important to you, forget it!

1  Thank MikeH385
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

We visited at the bank holiday weekend, we saw that it was full of chinese people and decided it must be good. In entering we were shown to our table, the restaurant is very shabby and in need of some general repair, we placed our order and while we were waiting for it to arrive i went to the toilet!!!!! Omg i was horrified, i walked along the passage following the toilet signs and noticed that they boiled the kettle to wash up, they used a hand wash sink to wash up! I carried on down stairs to the toilet and could not believe my eye's i have never been in such gross toilets!! We left our food, paid walk and and will never return!

2  Thank Cumbriacannons
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Not a great restaurant, food's ok, fills a whole but really only very very average takeaway food that you would find on any high street. Not real authentic Chinese food, but western Chinese. I wouldn't go back to sit down and eat (think you can do so much better!), but I would go back for a very late night takeaway to take home perhaps.

1  Thank Neil C