“Complete Rip Off.”

Sydney
“Complete Rip Off.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Complete rip off!!

The ibis down the road offer much better rooms for half the price.

Room was terrible. We were meant to stay for the week but got a refund and only stayed for one night as we had paid already.

I am not a fussy person but we booked a twin room and it barely fit the tiny mattresses in there they had. We were told there was room under the bed to store our bags as there is literally no floor space.

Bathroom had a broken sink with weird things coming up from the drain. Shower had no pressure at all.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Finnish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

So I booked this hotel for one night via Booking.com. Despite already paying online, and already being charged, when I checked-in, the hotel charged me again! After a massive dispute in which I was on the phone to Booking.com for an hour, I ordered that I MUST stay another night there as they've already charged me for two nights instead of one, and due to this, I had no money left in my bank account! The hotel staff didn't speak English which is why I think it took so long to agree to letting me stay another night. One member of staff gave me an invoice to take to the bank, and said that the bank would give me the money back (which they wouldn't of anyway), but it was a Sunday! For goodness sake, some people just don't have any sense! So after hours and hours of shouting over the phone, they then agreed to let me stay on the Sunday night too. So, after all this, I should of really been receiving some compensation by upgrading my room or something. But no, they now put me in a single room which was the size of a wardrobe. There was no lift, so I had to drag my luggage up the stairs. I didn't eat the breakfast so I can't comment, but it was probably crap anyway. On the Sunday night, I got a takeaway delivered to the front door, and when I was carrying it upstairs the staff member who was on duty gave me a right funny look. Wifi is good, and I think that's the only positive I can think of. Location is also good, with only being five minutes walk from Earls Court tube station, and not far from Kensington. I definitely won't recommend this hotel after being charged twice for one night. The hotel isn't much to rave about anyway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank xtinalouise

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed for a few nights in this hotel and I find the place quiet and with good facilities although it is not easy to climb up in the entrance if you have a heavy luggage to drag inside. The stairs is not comfortable if you have a bad back as there is no one to help you, I guess at that time no one is available. The staff in the reception are friendly and easy to deal with especially when I arrive earlier and they easily accommodated my request for an early check-in.

There is a free breakfast and wifi not many hotels in the area offers the same and normally they charge for the internet. I would say this is a good place to stay for a couple of days in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Wailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff is very friendly. Location is great. You can walk 5 minutes to a 24 hour food store and coffee at McDonald's at 5am. Rooms are quite small but normal for London. Free WiFi is reliable and fast. Rooms do not have refrigerators or desks. Price is reasonable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I take students to London every year on a study abroad program and we stayed here last year and am going back this week. I booked here again as I loved the location; about a 7 minute walk from Earl's Court tube station. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the rooms were clean. Rooms are small, but you will find that all over Europe. Rooms are efficient and functional versus enlarged. Breakfast is the same thing every morning so that can get tiresome. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and the proof is my return this summer with another bunch of college students.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Coronation Hotel is part of the Capilon Group of Hotels whose prices realy do go up and down so shop around. A nicely presented hotel in typical London Square only 5 minutes from Earls Court Tube. Well presented hotel is good order but as with their other hotels the walls are very thin. Breakfast is Continental as much as you want and the staff are very pleasant. I would stay again but will return when the price is right!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor which was very pleasant