Coronation Hotel
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to earls court tubemodern en suite shower roomno elevatorrooms are smallholland parkfree wifiplace to sleepsingle bedquiet streetan ironcontinental breakfastmin walkone night stayhotel is in a great locationcerealpoundsknightsbridge
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Verk dark room. If you want light you'll have to pull the curtains so people outside could see you. Extremely small for 3 beds, no desk, no chair, and it looks nothing like the pictures on their website. You hear doors slamming and people turning in their beds getting their elbows, feet or knees in the wall. Only one key that has to be handed to the reception as soon as you leave for the day. Unreliable and jumpy wifi. The only thing that is good is the friendly kitchen staff. Unfortunately their English is so bad they misunderstand you.

Room Tip: Complain if the room is not to your liking. They might offer you a little bit better room at least.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rekrevs
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Complete rip off!!

The ibis down the road offer much better rooms for half the price.

Room was terrible. We were meant to stay for the week but got a refund and only stayed for one night as we had paid already.

I am not a fussy person but we booked a twin room and it barely fit the tiny mattresses in there they had. We were told there was room under the bed to store our bags as there is literally no floor space.

Bathroom had a broken sink with weird things coming up from the drain. Shower had no pressure at all.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 22 June 2014

So I booked this hotel for one night via Booking.com. Despite already paying online, and already being charged, when I checked-in, the hotel charged me again! After a massive dispute in which I was on the phone to Booking.com for an hour, I ordered that I MUST stay another night there as they've already charged me for two nights instead of one, and due to this, I had no money left in my bank account! The hotel staff didn't speak English which is why I think it took so long to agree to letting me stay another night. One member of staff gave me an invoice to take to the bank, and said that the bank would give me the money back (which they wouldn't of anyway), but it was a Sunday! For goodness sake, some people just don't have any sense! So after hours and hours of shouting over the phone, they then agreed to let me stay on the Sunday night too. So, after all this, I should of really been receiving some compensation by upgrading my room or something. But no, they now put me in a single room which was the size of a wardrobe. There was no lift, so I had to drag my luggage up the stairs. I didn't eat the breakfast so I can't comment, but it was probably crap anyway. On the Sunday night, I got a takeaway delivered to the front door, and when I was carrying it upstairs the staff member who was on duty gave me a right funny look. Wifi is good, and I think that's the only positive I can think of. Location is also good, with only being five minutes walk from Earls Court tube station, and not far from Kensington. I definitely won't recommend this hotel after being charged twice for one night. The hotel isn't much to rave about anyway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank xtinalouise
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed for a few nights in this hotel and I find the place quiet and with good facilities although it is not easy to climb up in the entrance if you have a heavy luggage to drag inside. The stairs is not comfortable if you have a bad back as there is no one to help you, I guess at that time no one is available. The staff in the reception are friendly and easy to deal with especially when I arrive earlier and they easily accommodated my request for an early check-in.

There is a free breakfast and wifi not many hotels in the area offers the same and normally they charge for the internet. I would say this is a good place to stay for a couple of days in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff is very friendly. Location is great. You can walk 5 minutes to a 24 hour food store and coffee at McDonald's at 5am. Rooms are quite small but normal for London. Free WiFi is reliable and fast. Rooms do not have refrigerators or desks. Price is reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo