“Awful hotel”

Ranked #997 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Awful hotel”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

On arriving we were not welcomed at al and asked to pay up front for our room . When we came back to hotel in evening we were told we couldn't have the twin room we had paid for and would have to have a double and a single room on separate floors due to an electrical fault . We decided to both sleep in double room . Room was boiling hot very rundown and the shower was nothing more then a trickle ! The electric shorted out several times .
The breakfast the next morning was fine not a lot of choice .
On leaving the hotel no one asked us if we enjoyed our stay or even said goodbye
In all honesty if we had to stay more then one night we wouldn't have and we would not return there again .

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Che5287643

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Very dirty, stinky, worst hotel ever!!! Unfriendly staf.. Did not Wash the breakfast tables, cups.... A nigth mare!!! Not gonna stay there again!!! Glad we Did not have smal kids..!!! Dont stay here... The staf look like they hater They job

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Janne E

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The location was great, only 5 minutes walk from Oxford street and from a subway station.

The hotel it self was not so good. The service was all right. One staff member were great and was ready to help us with everything, he even got us ride from the airport. Another staff member was pretty rude, he could not put up smile once.

But overall, the hotel was a good choice. Got it for a good value and the location was the only thing that mattered for me in this trip, cause the time I had was not so much.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This small family runned hotel in the city centre of London is quite cheap for London standards. But the horrific stories i read here before didn't come true. The room was okay there was no noise and we could take a proper shower, though we could see the cleaning didn't have top priority, we had a comfortable stay. Just dont expect too much if you don't pay too much either....

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Baadam
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Let's start by saying that the hotel manager promised me, one month ago in a mail, to refund half of the price I paid for the night, and I still haven't seen any refund. You might wonder, why I should be refunded? Well, because in my room I only had boiling hot shower and I had to go to the basement to take a shower, all covered in soap and just with a towel around my hips. All this in front of people who were having their breakfast... I would have burst into laughter at the absurdity of the scene, if I hadn't been so angry. On top of that, the "cabin room" where I slept in was like a coffin: 2.5-meter long by 1.5 meter wide, you really feel burried in it. I wouldn't recommend the hotel even to my worst enemy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Maurizio M
Grand Cayman
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The place was a complete and utter dump. There were rodent droppings on the floor, no hot water, the room was dirty/dingy, old and outdated furnishings, leaking water pipe in the bathroom, staff was very uninformative, phone in room didn't work, noise from kitchen at early hour, as well as noise from the laundry room. Wasn't sure if the sheets on the bed were clean, so I asked for a clean set to put on top. Have requested a refund for the nights that were paid in advance, as I relocated after one night at Hallam Hotel, and have had no response from management. Very poor conditions and even worse management. They don't even have the decency to responde to my emails or faxes, and I haven't been able to catch the manager on duty for a phone conversation.

Room Tip: Don't bother! It's a dump; there are no good rooms!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MichelleMcT1968
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I turned up to stay in this hotel and was appalled to be given a room which was already inhabited or just not made up - either way the standard was abysmal. The furnishings were worse than a cheap caravan. The reception area was filthy and and in the corridor here was a woman sitting who looked like she was surveying the men coming in to service her females. I left - horrified that this place masquerades as a hotel in the UK - filthy, unpleasant staff, horrid rooms and not that cheap considering what they expect you to accept. As for feedback - I care not what the management say - they are clearly not BRITISH in their attitude to hospitality, cleanliness and should not be in this trade.

Room Tip: Just stay away! sadly I did not take a photo as I just wanted to get away it was that bad.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business