“Not a nice experience” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,021 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Not a nice experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I realise that I was not paying for the Ritz but this really was the pits. I was a single travaller on this occasion. I was put into a room right up in the roof. It was really hot. There was a shower which horrified me when I saw it. It looks like it has suffered some some of collapse previously and it has been repaired but not finished off. The guy on reception was really surly. When I checked in he said that the card machine was not working and that I would have to pay cash - thankfully I had enough on me. He then told me that if I needed money I should go to the cash point round the corner. I had no intention of doing that!

I will say that my breakfast was lovely. The lady that served it was really pleasant and she made me scrambled eggs on toast as I had asked for. That seriously was the only plus about this place.

Room Tip: I was in the top of the building - can't remember the number - but there is no way I will stay t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Loony59

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Booked this hotel as it was the nearest one available for our daughters course, which we were told about very last minute! it's supposed to be 3 star, we all think that the minus was missing in front of the star rating, mind you would nt even give it -3! She checked in around 4.30, and checked out at 4.40! The smell is awful, the hotel is disgusting, really dirty, not fit for rats! The man on reception was rude! The pictures are bad enough, but honestly it's much worse than that! The man was adamant we were not having a refund! But I will not take this lightly, as its incorrectly advertised, I have been on to trading standards, the health agency, laterooms, and my card company, please do not book tis hotel, I would recommend a skip first. I would nt give it 1 dot review, but could not submit this without doing so!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Howells17

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I booked this place as it was very near to a conference I was attending.
Didn't check in until very late as was out with colleagues for dinner after day one, cleaned teeth and straight to bed.
When I woke up, I noticed a box on top of the wardrobe and decided to see what it was.
It was a half eaten, at least a day old, pizza. Unbelievable! (have the photos to prove this) Then I started looking at my surroundings, the carpet was filthy, the shower dripped but only when you turned it full on which meant it took about five minutes to get fully wet. I started to wonder if the bed I had just slept in had been changed prior to me using it? On leaving the place I couldn't help notice the general state of the place. Filthy carpets throughout chipped paint everywhere just generally very grubby.
I would highly recommend avoiding this hotel.
It is a shame as the place could be really good but needs a full refurbishment from top to bottom. With the current level of cleanliness I am surprised that it actually has a licence.
I didn't bother complaining as the guy on reception had seemed uninterested at best when I checked in and it didn't seem worth getting into an argument.
Lesson learned, check trip advisor BEFORE booking!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PC23460
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The reception staff were fine. Rooms shabby. Bathroom tap would not turn off. Shower head filthy.The worst thing about the hotel was the waitress serving a very small breakfast; she hardly spoke, miserable looking. If the Hotel management read this get this woman on a customer service course quickly!

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a straight forward, clean and comfortable bolt hole just off Portland Place and the BBC.
Furnishings are on the slightly worn side but for value I would have thought unbeatable for London W1.
Everything works, and breakfast was quickly and efficiently prepared and served.
Worth a repeat visit!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Bridgend, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

With some money spent it could be a cracking boutique style hotel. At the moment it's very basic, clean, and comfortable. Could do with air conditioning in the rooms and more organised and friendly breakfast staff.
We booked a twin but were given a double which was not suitable, when I told them despite a little panicking they gave us a single room in addition with no extra charge.
Our biggest issue was the tiny little lift......scary

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Stretton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Looks fabulous on arrival..... don't be decieved.... Stained bedding, unintelligible receptionist, rank milk pots in room, the tea bags were so old they disintegrated upon opening, mould in shower (no bigger than a single wardrobe), toilet won't flush, didn't dare do breakfast left ASAP, unless you are desperate, don't do it!

Room Tip: Don't... there are none