“Good hotel with good price”

Marylebone Inn Hotel
Ranked #595 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Helsinki, Finland
“Good hotel with good price”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend and I didnt have much problems. Hotel was near Baker street station, very good price considering location. Location is very good, short walk to attractions, to tube, shops near and good cafes.

Some guest complain about noise but I didnt have problems with it, room was located at ground floor and was spacious and clean. Ofcourse you will hear something, but that is London. I had some problems with wifi, sometimes works, sometimes not.

Big thanks to friendly staff, they are very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Great Location. Parking nearby on Marylebone Road. (NCP: 24Hours: £48.00)
Nearest Tube: London Marylebone.

Easy walking distance to Oxford Street.

We were allocated the basement family apartment, it was clean, spacious, nicely laid out, suitable for two couples sharing if needed, there was a back door with steps up into a communal courtyard (a little attention needed here). The hob had been removed from the kitchenette but there was still a microwave oven and kettle and plenty tea bags and coffee. Bathroom was clean with complimentary soaps etc and there was constant hot water. Furniture was cheap ikea style but perfectly serviceable.

Check in was quick and simple as was check out (early at 10am next morning.)

Communal Entrance Hall was impressive and well maintained.

Price was cheap considering its location and would certainly research here when travelling to london again. great to use as a base.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights, the room was very clean and a good size. I think you need to bear in mind what you are paying for this hotel, its cheap for central London and there are compromises to me made.

The location is excellent with Regents Park and Oxford Street 15 minutes away but we had a room at the front with single pain glass and we may as well have slept in the street. Very little sleep first night but remedied by ear plugs the following night.

I also had trouble with hot water, shower was fine because it was electric but the sinks... I ended up boiling a kettle. Wi-fi is free but a bit intermittent. I would probably stay again as long as I could have a room away from the road.

Room Tip: Not at the front of hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I have booked this hotel because of it's close proximity to Marylebone Station (as we were traveling by train from Stratford-Upon-Avon).

I wanted a family room that would be spacious enough to fit 4 people with luggages. What we got was more than that...our room was like a 2 bedroom apartment type. A small sitting room- a sofa which converts into a bed, a dining table, a kitchenette, no cooking facility but there is a microwave, a cupboard with plates and kitchen utensils, a small fridge, kettle with complimentary tea, coffee, sugar and milk and dish washing liquid soap.

The 2 bedrooms are connected by an open archway. The beds were quite comfortable and the sheets were clean. One bedroom has a clothes storage rack and an ironing board (with iron of course) and the other room has a small bedside cabinet. The bathroom is connected to one of the bedrooms.

Bathroom was alright...spacious enough without being cramped. The shower was in the bath tub. Everything was clean and the heated towel rack was an added bonus especially on a cold weather. Hot shower was working and water pressure was good. 8 small bottles of shampoo and shower gel and 2 rolls of tissues were provided...more than enough for our 2 nights stay. Strangely enough, there wasn't a trash bin inside the bathroom so we had to put a plastic bag to throw used tissues.

Free wi-fi, although the reception in our room wasn't that good but manageable for checking emails.

I have read reviews about the hotel being noisy but our room was in the basement facing the back so it was relatively quiet. We were able to sleep peacefully. It also has a door which leads to a small garden.

The hotel didn't have a lift but the staff helped with the luggage. The rate for the room was reasonable (quite low compared to other hotels in the area) and the location was superb. Costa and Starbucks were nearby if you want to have your breakfast as well as plenty of restaurants in the area. Easily accessible by public transport.

Didn't have any major issues with the hotel and our family had a comfortable stay. Just remember to have the exact address of the hotel as they don't have a name outside the building. 119 Gloucester Place, Marylebone road bus stop is just outside the doorstep. It's the address I will remember and will definitely come back to next time I come for a visit in London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back to avoid traffic noise. Room 1B for a family room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed here for two nights, room 24 facing onto street - noise level completely unacceptable and we did not sleep for 2 nights! The rooms are clean and basic (no extras). When we complained about noise level we were not offered any solution as hotel was fully booked.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 24!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ni K
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago for 6 nights. When I started looking for place to stay I was looking for a nice place, central and budget-friendly. And I got just that, nothing more, nothing less. It´s crazy to think that an 85 euro-per-night hotel is budget, but that´s London for you. If I had payed that kind of money in Spain, I would have been hugely disappointed, but again, this is London we´re talking about. So, location-wise, it´s amazing. It´s a 3-minute walk from Baker Street and Marylebone tube station, a 15 minute Walk from Oxford Street and there´s a bus stop right at their front door. If you´re taking the Heathrow Express to and from Heathrow, it´s just 3 tube stops away (all Bakerloo line) from Paddington and a short (depending on traffic) taxi ride away (7 pounds-ish ride), so that´s a huge plus.
Not a plus: I got a room on the 3rd floor and they have no elevator. That was not great, but the man there helped me with my suitcases on the way up, and I asked for him the morning I had to check out and there he was again helping me with my suitcases. I guess you could ask for a room at the ground or first floor in advance, but I´m not sure. I didn´t ask since I didn´t mind that much.
The room itself is very comfortable. You have a kitchenette with everything you might need (microwave oven, kettle, etc). Cable TV, wifi (not great for Skype calls or anything super heavy, but it was fine), nice heating, comfortable double bed. The bathroom is tiny, but I could manage no problem. Maybe a larger or elderly person would not be so comfy but it was good enough for me.
The cleaning people could have maybe done a better job at dusting the place, but it wasn´t horrible or anything. It just could have been better.
So, all in all, it´s a good enough hotel, comfortable, safe, great location. I will definitely come back next time I´m in town.
Oh, if you do go there, make sure you take down the address before you get there, cos from the outside you can´t tell it´s a hotel. They don´t have a sign or anything.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Sadly I think the title of my review says it all as this hotel is way below par for an discerning person.

I booked this hotel last minute as I had an unplanned emergency trip to London and my usual hotel was fully booked as there was something on in London that week. Having checked out their website I felt confident that the hotel looked ok and that I would be able to enjoy my stay and have a productive three days in London. Wrong! Unfortunately the Con's far outweigh the Pro's with this hotel and I can't understand why anyone would consider it to be a gem unless of course it has gone down hill recently.

The Pro's.

Central Location.
Reasonable price.

That's it.

The Con's
Awful mattress which dipped slightly in the middle.
Thin hard pillows. Both of which added up to the worst night sleep ever and I was completely drained the next day and my trip did not go well.

Bad phone reception in the room. Whilst I realise this is not the hotels fault the fact that they do NOT have a landline in the room is certainly their fault and communication with the outside world was difficult. I had to use the phone at reception and had the person on reception listening in to my private call.

Tiny bathroom which was inadequate in very way.
The shower was blocked with hair. Disgusting!
The water flow from the shower was a drizzle as the shower head was blocked with limescale and they forgot to replenish the shower gel so I had to go out late in the evening to buy my own as the guy on reception didn't speak enough English to understand what I was asking for. Not what I needed to do after a tiring day which was partly caused by a bad nights sleep.
The maid didn't replenish the toilet roll either so I had to ration the sheets. Nice! And the towels were on the end of their life, looking rather frayed at the edges and were very stiff and hard.

No bar or lounge. I couldn't even order a latte in the morning and after a horrible nights sleep I had to throw myself into the shower and hope that I'd get wet enough to be considered as clean and then make my way out of the hotel in the hope of finding a nearby Starbucks in order to wake up properly. Actually having said all this I think that "tired and dirty" probably describes me too after a day here! Avoid.

Room Tip: Avoid if possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank M M
Marhotel I, Manager at Marylebone Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Sir,

First of all we would like to thank you for such indepth Hotel review. It is clearly visible that you travelled a lot and are familiar with hospitality business, since it is your first review.
The property was renovated just over a year ago and we find it shocking to read about “lime scale” in the shower. As a Hotel manager I am not sure you posted a review about property you stayed at, but never the less would like to express my deepest gratitude for your honesty. As a business we find it hard to please everyone and we do have plenty information on internet with property profile, description and images. Our housekeeping ability and attention to detail is clearly visible from a moment a customer enter Hotel Lobby. A door to the office is always open. We personally greet everyone coming in. Most of a times Hotel staff helps with luggage, makes sure a door can be opened and other things.

Thank you.