Marylebone Inn Hotel
US$256
US$216
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsno liftbaker street tube stationsherlock holmes museumhair dryinggreat locationmicrowave and fridgesmall kitchendecent tvdouble showercentral locationfacing the streetthe ground floorregents parkfive minute walktea coffee facilitiesvisit londonplenty of hot water
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel and could only manage 1 night! On arrival we walked in and made to feel unwelcome not the best start, room was ok, cheap bed and mattress. Bathroom was lovely apart from the shower that was so slow it did not wash soap off! The towel rail also does not turn off very hot!!!
We stayed on a front room it was like a night on the M1 motorway even tho it was double glazed. Would I go back the answer is NO. We left this morning went to hand the keys in and never even got a thank you or goodbye very poor.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank 357Danh
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Location is really good and just in front of the hotel door there is a bus stop which is so convenient anyway it is around 10 min walk to oxford street. Receptionist is so helpful and helped me with my luggage as my room was in 2nd floor and no lift.
Room is small but that is fine cause in London even in 5 star hotel rooms are so small and room is so clean. Bed is not comfortable at all and you can hear the step of the people in the room above which was very annoying and couldn't sleep well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I closed my eyes to some small nuisances like a broken window or cold water in shower, but I was really disconcerted on my leaving. Although I paid for late check-out upon returning to the hotel I was told that my room is already made, so I shouldn't use toilet or shower… and moreover, I found my unpacked belongings on the floor… I don't find this normal even for guest house, so I wont stay here again and I can't recommend this hotel to others.

Perfect location: close to Oxford st., Underground station, Bus stop, National Express and Easy Bus stops.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Violeta021
Reviewed 31 March 2014

On the plus side, the hotel is well-situated, well appointed and clean.

However, we did not actually feel welcome. The receptionist's attitude was more like that of a landlord than of a hotel receptionist. You also need to be aware of lack of lift and that the stairs become ever steeper and narrower as you go up. The soundproofing between rooms is unsatisfactory and there was a very audible buzzing in our room when we got to it. Having negotiated the steep descent to reception (3rd floor, no phone in the room) and then climbed back up with the receptionist, it turned out to be the extractor fan in the next room's bathroom. They were asked to turn it off, and we were made to feel guilty about this.

The fan was turned on again at 05:30 the following morning.

Overall, a shame because it could easily leave a much better impression, but I would never go back there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kikPaca
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is a small and very low priced hotel in the center of London. It is close by Baker Street Tube Station and 10 mins walk from Oxford street shopping. Lots of interesting places to eat nearby and on Baker Street. It is excellent quality and service for the price with very clean modern rooms.. The reception is very friendly. The only slight downside is it does not have a lift and I was on the fourth floor. It was not a problem for me in fact I enjoyed the exercise but if stairs are a problem then be sure to ask for a room on the lower floors. It would be difficult to find a better value hotel in the center of London.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo