“Great Location, Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thistle Bloomsbury Park

Thistle Bloomsbury Park
Ranked #404 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Great Location, Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have never stayed in London before, but the hotel was close enough to public transport and everywhere I wanted to go. Then the staff and food were great as well making me feel comfortable in my short stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ben W
OpsBloomsburyPark, Relationship Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic review. We look forward to seeing you if you're ever in London again.

Kind Regards,

Seb Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

This was my third stay at this hotel. Lovely room, very clean and I had a room towards the back so had no noise. However, I cannot speak very highly of the service I received after I checked out of the hotel. I left my phone at the hotel when I left. I emailed them multiple times to see if it had been found (both via the online form on the Thistle website and the email address of the hotel) and have not received a single response. I called the hotel and questioned why no emails had been answered and was told that she could not explain it as I had used the correct address. She informed me that she would call and email the following day. That was over a week ago and I have heard nothing from the hotel. I think this is quite ridiculous that no one at the hotel can write a simple response.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Location great, within walking distance to theatres, underground, shops and restaurants. Staff very friendly and helpful. Store luggage after check out. Room at back of hotel quiet although small sufficient space and very comfortable beds. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of the hotel may be noisy as it is on a busy road, room pleasantly warm which was nic...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Prancer57
Dear Guest

Thank you for the excellent review. Make sure to contact us directly when you're next in London for the best deal.

Kind Regards,

Hindhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here for the weekend and found the hotel very comfortable and clean - all the staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside was the room facing the road was very noisy and we were on the third floor. Police/Ambulance sirens going all night. The purchase of some ear plugs made the second night much better!

The area is very pleasant with many restaurants/bars/cafes within walking distance. Also very handy for the theatre and shopping.

Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a a quiet room not facing the street
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sebwilliams, Relationship Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest

I'm pleased to read that you had a great stay. Thank you very much for the great feedback.

If you're ever looking to stay again then please feel free to contact us directly.

Haslemere, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Pros
Nicely decorated
Very comfortable bed and pillows

Cons
Reception couldn’t find reservation even though we’d checked in online earlier in the day
Allocated room 10 by online check in – maybe the worst room in the hotel?
Tiny room – should not be sold as a double for 2 - not even sufficient room to pull out the desk chair before hitting the foot of the bed
Very hot, no air circulation, no opening window, situated on ground floor with people congregating outside window to talk/smoke the next morning
Tiny bathroom – not much larger than a broom cupboard – maybe 1*or 2* facilities – no countertop/shelves – the tissues were balanced on top of the wc tank – the towels were hanging over the wc

We knew that we would be late arrivals (11pm+) after an evening out with friends, so used the online check in to avoid being left with the last/worst room in the hotel. Clearly that strategy didn’t work.  We should have stayed in a budget chain like Premier Inn or Travelodge for the same/less money and had a bigger room with better facilities.  Having previously stayed at the nearby Kingsley Thistle at a similar rate, I was expecting a room of comparable standard at the Bloomsbury Park and was very disappointed.  If I hadn’t been so tired and only staying 1 night, I would have complained, though given our experience at check in (see below), I doubt  it would have made much difference.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I assure you that we constantly review our product and look for ways of improving it. This kind of feedback really helps us in doing that.

Clearly you weren't satisfied on this occasion, but hopefully this will be different if you decide to stay with us again in the future. Call us directly to ensure you get the best available rate on the day.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed with my parents on a Saturday night after a trip to les mis! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was clean and tidy and well presented. Only negatives are that we were booked into a double room and it was a very small double. Not much room to manoeuvre! The rooms were also very hot. My parents had turned off their radiator but we had not and wished we did. I also had to go to sleep with the tv on to cover the traffic noise from outside. Nice hotel overall!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Annieneilson
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased that you mentioned our lovely staff. All feedback is important to us as we look to improve our product wherever possible - so thank you very much for taking the time to do this.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I travelled here on business. It's a chain hotel, though the staff were friendlier than one might expect - quite welcoming. Rooms were fine, clean. It was nice to have free wifi, and not to be limited to one device. Breakfast was fine. The restaurant downstairs is unusually good value for money, with burger-style fare. I'd be happy to go back here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BiggerJ
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and for highlighting the friendliness of our staff. We're always looking at ways of making our menu even better, but it's great to hear you approve of where we are.