“Chic, welcoming, great location, a super boutique hotel in a central location”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #56 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Chic, welcoming, great location, a super boutique hotel in a central location”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

we booked the Marylebone because of it's location, 5 minutes stroll through trendy St Christophers Place to Oxford St., location couldn't have been better. The hotel is really tasteful and chic, nice art, lovely spotless room. Immediately the staff made us feel at home, very friendly, smiling, attentive. The hotel is on Marylebone High St, with loads of restaurants and trendy boutiques. the hotel bar is fantastic, great for cocktails and people watching.

From our reservation and an initial request, we had immediate and very helpful service. loved this hotel, will definitely be back and recommend highly.

• Stayed January 2012
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent experience at the Marylebone Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you loved your stay with us and I am particularly pleased that you felt our team looked after you from the moment you made your reservation to the moment we said good bye. Our ultimate aim is to create a home away from home for all our guests and every member of our team genuinely enjoys being part of our guests’ experiences. Thank you so much for your kind comments and for recommending us to others, we appreciate you taking the time to write about us and I know my team will be over the moon when we share your positive feedback.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Maryelbone when travellling for business in London, and I really loved it. Very clean, very friendly and helpful staff, and an all around nice hotel. The location was perfect. Most people will like the proximity to Oxford and Regent Street shopping, but I really liked being close to the Marylebone High Street, one of London's really great neighborhoods. I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, the friendliness of our team and the hotel in general. We are blessed to be situated in Marylebone, as you mentioned it really has a unique village feel even though only being a stone’s throw away from Oxford and Bond Street. May I also take the opportunity to thank you for recommending us to other travelers, we are incredibly grateful for your comments, which serve as a wonderful motivator for our team.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel.

Belgium
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The location of the hotel was the best point, since it was only 5 mins walk to Oxford Street for shopping. Hotel staff were professional and helpful. I asked for a room with a tub and the request was granted right away. They were also able to give me the room when I arrived at 11, and I was grateful for that as I needed to get into a teleconference right away. My room was a bit small, but I guess it's to be expected for a London hotel. It was very clean, quiet, and comfortable and was stocked with a good bundle of magazines for short diversions. The continental breakfast offered a good range of choices and service impeccable. I wished I had time to go to the pool, as the photo looks great. Maybe next time!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team to be professional and helpful. Our proximity to Oxford Street are very important to many of our guests and we are certainly blessed to be situated right in the heart of the Marylebone district, which has managed to retain a charming, village feel that you'll find nowhere else in this great city.
I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel and also introducing you to The Third Space Marylebone Health Club when you next return.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2012

From the time we arrived the staff looked after us really well. Love the decor and design, and its in a great location. Hope I can make it back at some time soon

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt our team looked after you so well, they will be so pleased when I share your kind feedback. Our design team works incredibly hard to create a luxurious, chic and unique feel throughout our hotel and I am delighted that you loved it!

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel and thank you again for taking the time to write about us.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 January 2012

i stayed here 3 nights for work. The location is lovely. You're located a pleasant two minute walk away from Marylebone high street and five minutes away from Oxford Circus. The rooms are clean, traditional, well maintained and good-sized - if anything, just a little worn around the edges.

The service is fantastic, staff were helpful and attentive at all times. I loved the nice little touches, like having phone messages hand written and delivered to my room. The food is fantastic - I had the oven roasted chicken breast (which sounds really boring I know!) for dinner on the first night, and it was AMAZING. I'm going to remember that meal for awhile. That being said, breakfast is good but nothing spectacular.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you thought our service was “fantastic” and that you enjoyed the small, personal touches which is so incredibly important in making every guests’ experience truly special. Our Executive Head Chef, Russell Ford, will be beaming when I convey your positive feedback regarding the oven-roasted chicken dish and I am also very pleased to inform you that we have recently upgraded our breakfast to be fully A La Carte, adding more choice and increasing the overall quality. It would be great to hear your feedback on the new breakfast offering when you return.

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I booked this hotel with booking.com and to be honest was thinking it would be just another London hotel however it turned out to be a breath of fresh air.I travel to London very often and tried many hotels but this is now my favorite, they have it all, great location 5mn walk from my favorite Marylobone High Street ,beautifully decorated, super confortable, friendly and professional staff, good food , very original breakfast and reasonable price (for London). I love the stationary mint and coper which gives a touch of sophisticated elegance. Great for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: The restaurant is unlikely other hotel restaurants, food and service are great.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MafaldaPortugal
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Dear Guest,

I am absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and in particular that you felt our restaurant, One08, stood out in terms of service and quality of food offering. Our team absolutely loves looking after our guests and your positive comments serve as a wonderful motivator for us all, I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

I very much look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel and thank you again for taking the time to write about us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I have been using this hotel for the last three years for lots of different events, including incentives and meetings and it has become on my favorite 4 stars property in town. The Marylebone is a lovely cosy and funky hotel in the heart of Marylebone but only 5 minutes away from Oxford Street and Bond Street tube station. The rooms are nice and clean, a bit small but very funky and comfortable. The service is great, from the doorman to the barman, always helpful and smiley. The service for groups is absolutely fantastic, as an organiser I've always felt suported by all the staff there and I always feel comfortable when organising events there as I know that everything is on the best hands!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank EventsOrganizer
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, please allow me to thank you for your continued loyalty over the last three years, we value your custom greatly and I am so pleased that you have been enjoying our service and facilities. I am particularly pleased to read that you felt supported and comfortable with our team as a group organiser, which we know is an incredibly important part of making any event a success. Please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto our team, who genuinely love looking after our guests.

Please ask for me when you next arrive, it would be a wonderful pleasure to welcome you back in person.