“Nicest staff, great location”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #55 of 1,063 Hotels in London
dublin
“Nicest staff, great location”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel is in a great location. It is one block away from Oxford Street and around the corner from Marylebone High Street. The rooms are clean and the bed very comfortable. There is a trendy bar on the ground floor. What really made this hotel great for me was the unbelievably friendly staff. The lady who checked us in rang our room to wish me a happy birthday and shortly after sent a bottle of complimentary wine to our room. All the staff we encountered were just so lovely and couldn't do enough for you. I travel quite a bit and stay in London alot. I will not think to stay anywhere else on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank andrea2010
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Marylebone Hotel.

Such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you thought our staff was “unbelievable friendly”, I know they will all be thrilled when I share your feedback. We firmly believe that our employee’s will always create the foundation for truly brilliant service and we therefore recruit, select and nurture people who genuinely care for others and want to be part of our guests’ hotel experiences. Comments such as yours serve as a wonderful motivator for us all and help us to gauge where we are at in terms of our service delivery.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel in the very near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Over the past number of years, I have been a guest of the Marylebone hotel on many pleasure and business trips. I know and have experienced that the Marylebone hotel's management and staff care about their guests. On the very rare occasion I made a complaint that something was not quite to my satisfaction, my complaint was acted upon without delay and always to my complete satisfaction.
Each time I return to the hotel, which is superbly located for business or pleasure, I am greeted warmly by the Hotel's staff and welcomed back with great sincereity.
I would recommend this hotel to any would be guest. The staff, location and facilities are excellent.

Room Tip: Avoid being placed right beside the lifts.
1 Thank Breen C

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

Please allow me to start by thanking you for your continued loyal support of the Marylebone Hotel. You have been with us for a number of years and it is a true pleasure to have you with us, it is wonderful to have you return to your home away from home. I am delighted to read that you feel recognized and cared for, as a regular guest of ours it the least we can do to show our appreciation for your valued custom.

White Plains, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2012

In a great neighborhood and easy to get to most places in London from the hotel's location. The service and staff were excellent and extremely helpful. I would definitely go back there and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dreamweaver227

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

Delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thought the service and our team was “excellent”. Brilliant to read that you will return, please do contact me prior to your next visit and feel free to pass my details to your friends, it would be fantastic to meet them and welcome them in person.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Nothing bad to mention about this at all. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean, well equipped and quiet rooms. Amazing swimmingpool!
Only about 5 minute walk to Oxford street so even location is very good. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank c c

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return! So pleased you wrote about the swimming pool in The Third Space, a truly wonderful haven for relaxation and fitness, with the brilliant before mentioned 16 meter swimming pool!

Hertfordshire
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This hotel is very nice. It has a lovely entrance, relaxing lounges and a spa and pool if you want it. The rooms are modern and well done although the bathrooms need updating (the shower over the bath wasn't great). Noise levels are a problem as the walls are remarkably thin, even for a London hotel - you can hear next door in the bathroom!!
The quality of beds and linen are a very good quality though.
The breakfast is very impressive with great service although rather frustratingly they charge extra for a cooked breakfast or anything hot!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TucksCottage
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay even thought there were one or two niggles. We take your feedback very seriously and firmly believe we can only improve by listening to our guests. I fully take on board your feedback regarding the noise levels and would greatly appreciate it if you would let me know in which room you stayed so I can personally investigate. As a general rule we get very few negative comments regarding noise and I would therefore want to fully investigate to understand the cause.

Regarding your breakfast experience I am guessing that you had continental breakfast included, which does not unfortunately include hot items. We have and will continue to add to our continental selection which now includes a wide variety of cold meats, smoked fish, cheeses and fruit as well as a pastry, bread and build your own muesli section. We are also in the process of reviewing our offering again and will be sure to include some new and interesting seasonal additions.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel in the very near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 4 June 2012

What can I say; Alone in London, staying at the Marylebone Hotel for 5 days on business with a bit of pleasure mixed in. WHAT A TREAT. On arrival after a long flight from South Africa I was greeted with much cheerfulness and incomparable service. I felt like I was the only guest. Received by the most responsive Reception in specific “Fiona” and the most proactive concierge “Raffele”, I felt like a star. The accommodation was above average for London in size and in décor. It was very clean and the staffs on a whole were exceptional. I will go back without a hesitation. Thank you Marylebone, for such a wonderful experience. Mrs Dos Santos

1 Thank GDSSANTOS
Dear Guest,

Wow, I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and thought it was “outstanding”! I am so pleased that Fiona and Rafael made you feel welcome and at home, every one of our employee’s genuinely love looking after our guests and when we receive feedback such as yours it serves as a wonderful motivator for us all. I will be sure to pass on your very kind comments.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 4 June 2012

London is a very expensive city, and if you are used to four/five star hotel accommodations around the world, London room rates will seriously set you back. This is where the Marylebone becomes interesting, at reasonable prices, the hotel offers a great location in central London, at a five minute walking distance from the busy Oxford street and Bond Tube Station. On the downside, the rooms and bathroom are a bit small, and the hallways leading to the rooms have a low sealing. On the upside, the hotel in generally very clean, and the staff is willing to help and assist.

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and thought we offered good value for the service, location and facilities. It is our intention to offer the very best service, facilities as well as value for our guests and always remain competitive given our location. I am therefore very glad that we ticked all the boxes for you and very much hope to see you return.