“Great hotel and best breakfast in London”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #70 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stay at this hotel very frequently - why? Because its staff are exemplary. The manager Frits Potiegetor knows how to run a great hotel. A very special thank you to NORA TACKEN for making our last stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on Welbeck street are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Guest

Wow, thank you for writing a wonderful review following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled you thought our staff was exemplary in every respect, to be honest I am very fortunate to be surrounded by a wonderful team of passionate individuals who really care and love what they do. Nora is an absolute star and I know she will be delighted when I share your feedback and personal thanks.

I hope we will be welcoming you back very soon and may I take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel is really great and this was the second time my wife and I stayed there. the room was very spacious and clean (this time we were in the studio suit but the standard room from previous time was also spacious), the staff was very pleasant and took care of all our requests.
The breakfasts were very tasty (eggs benedict and great omelettes). And for all you shoppers - the location is excellent, just 5 minutes walk from Oxford street and Bond tube station.
Very recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest

A pleasure to have you return for the second time, thank you for choosing the Marylebone again, your continued patronage and support is greatly valued.

I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and appreciate your personal recommendation; it means the world to me and my team.

Thank you for writing about your Marylebone experience and telling others about your stay, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Faultless service and style. Small room but impeccably presented. Breakfast choice excellent. Staff courteous and polite. Perfect for short walk in to Oxford Circus. Head and shoulders above the standard most London hotels think as acceptable.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Superb to read that you thought our service and style was “faultless”, thank you for taking the time to post your review and telling others about the Marylebone.

It was a real pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable stay; I hope we will be your first choice whenever in London and hope to meet you personally when you return.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

There is a lot of choice of quality hotels to be had in London but the Marylebone is top of the list for me...Being a heavy business traveller its nice to haev some familiarity being away from home so often. The staff at the Marylebone couldnt be more accomodating. Everyone knows you and welcomes you back...Gunther in particular whose knowledge of the area adn service is always exemplory!

The rooms are very comfortable with all the amenities you would expect of a quality hotel. The bar is very nice with a great selection of spirits and wines.

The one major benefit of the hotel for me is the leisure facilities. When you travel away a lot an exercise regime can often be impacted but with the Marylebone you have no excuses as the facilities are outstanding. Hotel gyms are normally medicore at best but the Marylebone have the best facilities i have ever been too (incl commerical gyms). Free weights, classes, aerobic areas, swimming pool and even an "old school" gym area with monkey ropes and bars!

Would 100% recommend the Marylebone as a great location to explore London. You are on the doorstep to all the shopping, bars and restaurants of the west end and a short walk to the Theatre district. Business or Leisure this is a very welcoming hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger, I prefer a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your continued support, I am delighted that as a seasoned business traveler we have managed to create a welcoming and familiar environment for you away from home. Our number one priority is to build long term relationships with our customers and deliver genuine, personalized service experiences that will hopefully ensure our guests want to return. Your positive feedback is very encouraging indeed.

Gunther is an absolute star and a wonderful asset to our team, he cares a great deal about our guests and will always go the extra mile to ensure our customers are looked after, thank you for highlighting him in particular, I know he will be thrilled with the mention! I am very grateful for your personal recommendation which is so powerful, thank you. If I can ever assist in any way, prior to your next stay or whilst with us, please do not hesitate to contact me personally on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com, or simply ask for me at reception.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone and hope to meet you in person when you return.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for one night, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and pretty spacious. We were made to feel very welcomed and all the staff were polite and accommodating. We had a drink in the bar which was very relaxing nice music and waiter service. I would defiantly stay here again very good location. We drove and parked in the NCP car park just around the corner and although that was a little pricey it was a short distance from the hotel. Overall one of the best hotels I've stayed in and am looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: November 2013
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest

I am thrilled you thought we were one of the best hotels you have ever stayed in, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

It was a pleasure to have you and your partner with us and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Our service ethos and culture revolves around consistently delivering a warm, personal and attentive style of service that is always genuine and totally professional. You’re wonderfully positive feedback is not only incredibly motivating for me and my team but it is also crucial to our learning and ultimately our future success.

I am very happy that you would definitely return to the Marylebone and I hope we can be a home away from home for you for many years to come.

We all look forward to welcoming you back and I personally hope to meet you both when you return.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

A superb hotel, with a perfect location just a couple of streets back from Oxford street. The hotel staff were very friendly, always making sure we got the help we needed. The rooms were neat and clean, and the hotel have a great gym/pool/spa area. The great service provided by the staff combined with the location makes this our first choice of hotel on our next visit to London.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about us, your feedback is incredibly important to me and my team.

I am delighted you enjoyed your location and particularly pleased that our location and even more importantly our service really impressed. Ultimately we want to ensure guests return to the Marylebone because they feel at home and cared for and the fact that you specifically highlighted the impact of our service determining your return is very motivating and encouraging for us as a team.

I am thrilled we are now your first choice in London and if I can ever assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me personally on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Beautifully decorated and nice staff - Antonio needs a special nod - a
mazing gym. Right near Oxford Street but far away enough to be quiet - Marylebone High Street charming with lots pubs and restaurants

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank positano2010888

Dear Guest

A pleasure to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for taking the time to tell others about your Marylebone experience.

I am delighted you not only enjoyed the décor and location of our hotel but also the service you received from our staff which is so important. Antonio is a wonderful asset to our team, thank you for mentioning him in your review; I know he will be thrilled when we share your feedback.

Thank you for choosing us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.