“Great discovery”

Ranked #61 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Chesieres
“Great discovery”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was the first time we had stayed at the Marylebone. Would definitely return as it was perfect location wise for shops in Marylebone High Street, Selfridges and getting to the theatre. Very friendly staff and welcoming lobby space to meet friends over tea, coffee or very healthy green juices. Also lovely to be able to go for a swim after a run in Regents Park!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Louise C
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone, I am thrilled to hear you would definitely return again.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am delighted you enjoyed Marylebone Village, the welcome, warmth and service from our staff and of course our proximity to Selfridges and Oxford Street’s shopping.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Luleå
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent service -- from the doorman, to the receptionist to the breakfast staff. Rooms are nice and clean, with very comfortable beds, and quiet also. I slept like a log. The location is as good as it can be, very near Oxford Street, nice restaurants nearby, etc. And then the gym -- a good-size "real" gym with complimentary access for hotel guests, very nice! The only drawback may be the price -- it is on the upper end, but again, this is London...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for telling others about the Marylebone, it was a pleasure to have you with us.

I am thrilled you enjoyed our location, your room, the wonderful Third Space Spa and Gym and above all our service. To know that you thought our service was “excellent” across the board from reception through to our restaurant is music to my ears and your kind words will serve as a wonderful motivator for us all.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon and hope to meet you when you return.

Wales
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Nice to go back to one of my favourite hotels. We were given a larger than usual room this time and it was clean, and presented very well. Great staff and service. The hotel is centrally located near some great restaurants and near to the main shopping areas. The bar is also pleasant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Wonderful to have you return, it was a pleasure to welcome you back again.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, our staff love what they do and it is always brilliant when this nature of our service is positively reflected in our guests’ comments, thank you.

Thank you for writing about us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Nice hotel. Staff is outstanding (helpful, cheerful). Breakfast is nice - although more fruit would help. Rooms are tight except for the suites. Rooms are well appointed - in the small rooms you can do everything from your bed - take shower, turn off lights, etc. Location is outstanding. I will make an effort to stay there - but get a larger room.

Room Tip: ask for the upgrade - and include the breakfast - it is worth it.
1 Thank John R K
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay, we value your feedback and believe it is crucial as we strive to enhance our service and product for our guests.

I am thrilled to hear you thought our staff was outstanding, we view our service and the ability of our team to genuinely connect with our customers as the benchmark for our success and your positive feedback is therefore incredibly encouraging. I note your comment regarding room space and would agree that our Studio Suites and Deluxe Rooms may be better options if the additional space is important. Great to hear you enjoyed our breakfast – we are in the midst of some very exciting changes and additions in 108 Restaurant and Bar and hope the enhanced offering will be a real plus for our guests.

Thank you again for telling others about us and I hope we will be welcoming you back to the Marylebone very soon.

Brives Charensac
Reviewed 24 February 2014

excellent hotel for business: it may be the same for holidays. I spent only one night, but next time I'll go back to London, I'll try to stay at this hotel. Really close to the principal POI of London.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

A pleasure to have had you stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the Marylebone, albeit so brief, and hope you will be able to stay a little longer when you return next time.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just ended a 3 night stay at this wonderful hotel, what a great stay indeed! Great location, excellent, fully equipped rooms and nicely decorated rooms, with everything one needs (althogh i admit the bathrooms are a little small), and super-friendly service. We came here following TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. Will most certainly return.
I really must commend the service at the hotel:
Before arrival - after making reservations, I read some concerning reviews about the site I used to make a reservation, and wrote an email to the hotel to confirm our booking was accepted. At the same time I voiced our preference for a high-floor room on the back side of the hotel. My emails were responded within a reasonable time by very friendly and helfpul Celia Rojas and my requests were all complied with, as promised! Well done!
During our stay - the staff was just doing everything possible to be so nice and pleasant. I loved it that the hotel has excellent free complimentary email, daily supply of water bottles, biscuits and an espresso machine. Breakfast staff also went out of its way to make us feel great welcome and home.
After checking out - the reception offered us a couple of bottles of water for our way.
Small things, very big difference.
I do have however a couple of suggestions, which I hope the hotel takes into consideration. These by no means compromised how much we enjoyed our stay:
- Breakfast - all in all a very nice and satistying greakfast, but we did lack some healthier choices. Cut veggies and greens and some skinny soft cheese choices would have made breakfast perfect. Granted, when we asked one of the waiters if there are no plain vegetables, he quickly suggested to check what can be done with the kitchen, and came back 10 minutes later with a bowl of freshly cut salad, complimentary. Superb service, but this is so basic we should not have needed to ask for...
- Tea - there is a tea and coffee offering at the lobby. Whenever we returned to the hotel, we saw the pots but they were already empty. Please put a sign as to when these little treats are available, or make sure to take away the pots if they are done... we were looking forward to relax on the great lobby sofas with some nice tea, and what a disappointment.
All in all, a great stay for fair prices in a perfect location!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest

Wow, thank you for writing such an amazing review about your Marylebone experience.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased that our service was a real highlight and impressed throughout. We want to hang our hat on delivering exceptional service experiences that are warm, personal and totally professional and which will hopefully make long term patrons out of all our guests. To know that you felt truly at home and cared for is music to my ears and incredibly encouraging for me and the team.

Thank you for your suggestions, I absolutely take your feedback on board as we can only get better if we listen to what you, our valued customer, are saying about us.

I hope we will be your new London “home away from home” and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Location just excellent. Near to oxford St shops and Bond st underground. Room on third floor okay but bathroom/shower small and a little hanging space. Nice Nespresso machine, and friendly staff and good breakfast. Good gym with small pool. Would return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and very pleased you would definitely return.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am happy to hear our location, service and breakfast impressed. I note your comment regarding the bathroom/shower space and also the limited hanging space in your room. Please reach out to me personally on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com prior to your next stay so I can go through all the options with you and ultimately ensure the room you reserve tick all the boxes that are important to you.

Thank you for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best wishes