The Marylebone
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
3,785 results
All reviewswelbeck streetbond street tube stationoxford stdeluxe roomregents parkturn down servicequiet streetnespresso machinespecial thanksfantastic hotelhigh streetafternoon teaexcellent locationwest endfew minutes walkrooms are smallgunther
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The place to stay in London if you visit for shopping and pleasure. Very professional and friendly staff everywhere. Nice rooms and fantastic beds. Lovely breakfast buffet with everything you would need. Just a few minutes off Oxford Street in a quiet area.

Room Tip: 439 - a small suite
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank collectorleif
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest

Wonderful review! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much and very grateful that you took the time to tell others about your Marylebone experience.

I am particularly happy that you thought our team was friendly and professional at every point of contact, we want to differentiate ourselves from the rest by delivering a truly professional and above all genuine service to our guests consistently and your feedback is very motivating indeed.

Thank you for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best wishes

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Wow. I cannot express the extreme satisfaction we experienced at your hotel. The bedrooms, bathrooms and lounge were decorated beautifully and the on site staff were pleasant and welcoming. Whilst browsing through the large amount of options we had of accommodation in London, it is obvious to me - and I'm sure other guests, they made the right choice. Many thanks!

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read your amazing review; to hear that we exceeded all your expectations is music to my ears, thank you!

It was a real pleasure to have you with us and I am delighted that from you room to our service we seemed to have ticked all the right boxes. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us, your personal recommendation is incredibly important to me and my team as word of mouth will always be the most powerful form of referral.

Thank you for choosing us, I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

No record of booking at front desk at all. We had to dig up the email to prove we had one.
Left us waiting in the lobby for half an hour as they "thought we had a room". If not for us pestering the front desk, we would have missed our treatment and might still be sitting there now.
Absolutely zero!! explanation of how the day works, where the facilities are, etc....
Decent massage although no notice given that it had actually finished and I should get dressed (I wonder if I was allowed a shower?). In keeping with the hotels "zero explanation" policy I guess.
Then went for afternoon tea. Concierge showed us to our table (which btw is in the hotel lobby?! I enjoyed the long in depth work related conversation that the surgeon sitting next to me had on his mobile phone)
Interrogated by the waitress on our booking - at the top of her voice in a quiet lobby. Weird!
Then the waitress comes back and tells us the kitchen is closed for another 30 minutes and afternoon tea isn't being served.
Odd given that they serve other food all day long.
Then she comes back 10 minutes later to say it is open and would we like to move tables.
Once you've gone upstairs, you can't access the facilities again via the lift without assistance from the "booking police" - I mean staff. My partner gave up in the end and got changed in the toilets. Just shy of £200. They are having a laugh!!!
I'm sure its a nice hotel to stay in but don't bother booking a spa day

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Philfav

Dear Guest

I am bitterly disappointed to read that we did not deliver the service and experience you quite rightly would have expected of us. Please allow me to start by apologizing unreservedly, the problems you experienced on arrival and throughout in terms of your package and our internal communication is simply unacceptable.

After investigating it seems that the majority of the issues you experienced were caused by the fact that we simply did not have your reservation in our records and therefore were totally unprepared for your arrival. Regardless of whether this was our or the original booking agent’s oversight I am incredibly sorry that your stay was clearly marred and that the problem was further exasperated by our poor communication during your afternoon tea. I hope you can accept my personal assurance that we discussed your experience in great detail to not only learn from it but importantly rectify the service and communication issues that was highlighted. Whilst I totally understand your reluctance to return to the Marylebone based on this experience I hope my personal apology and genuine assurance that we will rectify these gaps in our service and communication will allow you to consider returning. I would therefore be most appreciative if you would reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection com so we can at least start a conversation which I am hoping will result in a return visit. I know we can meet and exceed your expectations and do hope you will give me and my team the opportunity to do so.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With renewed apologies

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I booked this hotel for myself and several clients for one night as part of a business trip based on a recommendation and wasn’t disappointed. After an initial issue over rates at the time of the original group booking which was swiftly resolved by the General Manager, my experience was exceptional.
From the moment my taxi pulled up outside, every single member of staff was very welcoming and friendly and made me feel like a valued guest. It was a lovely touch to be given a hot refreshing hand towel on arrival and bottle of water for my journey when I checked out.
The superior room was superb, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed with excellent facilities including a coffee machine, ipod docking station, robes and wonderful toiletries. OK, not the biggest room or bathroom in the world but perfectly adequate.
Unfortunately it was only a flying visit as I arrived late at night and had to leave early so was unable to make use of the spa, bar or restaurants but I would have loved to have stayed longer.
Overall, in an excellent location and I would have no hesitation in staying again or recommending this hotel to my clients and am pleased to have discovered this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Clubfiz
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us!

I am thrilled that you described your overall experience as “exceptional” and particularly pleased that the welcome, friendliness and general service you received from our team was a real highlight and made you feel special. Thank you for recommending us to others, word of mouth will always remain the most powerful form of referral and your support is incredibly important to me and my team.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I spent 4 nigths at this hotel and it was a great experience. I was a little bit afraid with the size of the bedroom (considering other comments), but it was not so small. The lounge area is very pleasant. From the front desk to the restaurant, the service was impecable. The bedroom was very comfortable: nice bed and all the items that you may need. The location is nice, as I consider Marylebone one of the best neighborhoods in London, for a tourist. Strongly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted you thought we were a “great choice”, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

It is incredibly motivating for me and my team to read that you thought our service was “impeccable” across the board, we genuinely love being part of our guests’ experiences and want to hang our hat on the professionalism, personalization and consistency of our service.

Thank you so much for writing about us, I hope to welcome you back very soon and look forward to meeting you when you return.