The Marylebone
US$302
US$276
Hilton
  • Pool
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$253
Doubletree
US$242
Rubens Hotel
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$197
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$184
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$475
  • Pool
3,782 results
All reviewswelbeck streetbond street tube stationoxford stdeluxe roomregents parkturn down servicequiet streetnespresso machinespecial thanksfantastic hotelhigh streetafternoon teaexcellent locationwest endfew minutes walkrooms are smallgunther
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I'm in London, I normally stay closer to the office, but since this was a one-night, in-transit kind of stay, I chose the Marylebone hotel for its location - close to shopping and good restaurants, and not too far from Paddington station. Plus, the reviews were so good that I couldn't resist!

The staff was really wonderful. I found everyone to be helpful, polite, accommodating, and chatty (but not overly so). The location really is a dream - just a few minutes walk to Oxford Street and to the convenient Tube and bus stops. Plus, there are dozens of great little cafes and restaurants - you can hardly stumble a few feet before finding another neighborhood gem.

The rooms, if you aren't used to city hotels, are quite small. Even as a frequent traveler to NYC, the size of these rooms surprised me. I did find myself maneuvering carefully around pieces of furniture (and yes, the bathroom door), and if I were staying for longer than one night, I might perhaps reconsider. That being said, the rooms are quite comfortable, the amenities are lovely, and I didn't really have any complaints during my stay.

Breakfast was delicious too - the staff really knows their stuff, and we had a nice selection to choose from. Overall, I definitely recommend this place!

1  Thank MiaBchGal
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about us and for recommending us to others, your personal support means the world to me and my team!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am particularly pleased that our staff and the service you received was a real highlight during your stay. Your kind words serve as a wonderful motivator for us all, thank you.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at this hotel on most of my business travels. I find the rooms really neat and well kept. I even got upgraded to the business suite the past stay. The location is really central and staff are very helpful. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is willing to fork out a little more for a comfortable stay in central London.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the upper levels are better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ElizabethGeo22

Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for writing about your Marylebone experience!

It is such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our location, your room and the service you received from our team and I am thrilled you would have no hesitation in recommending us to others, thank you!

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I will start with the bottom line, the The Marylebone Hotel is a very good hotel, well located and comfortable, good breakfast and lovely gym. But, unfortunately we did encounter some foults. It started with the fact that upon arriving at the hotel at midnight we were informed that we will have to be downgraded due to a error, Only after a unpleasant argument we were talled that the day after we will be upgraded and we'll not be charged for breakfast (we were charged but they fixed it..).in both rooms the air condition did not work and was fixed only after many nagging…. Other than that,I must say that the room was comfortable, clean and the service was very good. So, presuming my experience was irregular (as I think it was), and considering the other qualities, I will probably try the hotel again and hope for a better experience

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback; it is incredibly important to me and my team as we strive towards consistent, exceptional service delivery.

Please allow me to apologize unreservedly for the problems you encountered on arrival, it is unacceptable that you were downgraded due to a reservation issue on our side and I am so sorry that your stay got off to a bad start. And, whilst mechanical issues with Air-conditioning can and do occur you should never have had to ask us more than once, and to be honest we should have checked this prior to your arrival, so I can only apologize. Overall I am pleased though that you found you room comfortable and clean and our service to be very good. I would very much like to have you return to us and would want to personally ensure your next stay is simply perfect so please reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com when you are planning your next trip.

Thank you again for telling us about your experiential and allowing us to learn, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I chose the Marylebone hotel primarily based on location - not too far from Paddington, very close to shopping and restaurants - but the reviews on TA really tipped it for me. And all of the reviews were right on!

The rooms are pretty small, even for a city hotel. If you're familiar with NYC hotels, then this room won't be much of a surprise - but even for an ex-NYer, these rooms really require some maneuvering around furniture. Fortunately, I was in the hotel for only one night, but if I had been there for longer, then perhaps it would have been less comfortable.

The rooms are comfortable, the bathroom amenities are luxurious, and I had all of the accoutrements that I needed. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, and I found them to be pleasant to talk to. The staff in the restaurant for breakfast was just as great - accommodating, informative, and polite. Overall, I absolutely would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay; your personal recommendation means the world to me and my team, thank you!

We hang our hats on delivering exceptional service experiences through people who genuinely care about our customers so your feedback regarding our staff and the service you received throughout your stay is very motivating and encouraging for us as a team. In terms of bedroom space I would welcome the opportunity to talk through the various room categories we have here at the Marylebone. We have over 7 room categories ranging from 19 to over 80 square meters so I am very confident we will be able to find a room that ticks all the boxes that are important for you, in spades! Please reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com prior to you next visit, it would be my pleasure to assist.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone very soon!

Best wishes

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I just completed a stay here. I love this area of London and find this hotel very close to all the important areas either by walking, short tube or short taxi.

This hotel is not a 5 star but a solid 4 star in my opinion. I made sure to read many of the reviews before booking and found a lot of the information helpful. Know what type of room you are getting. It is worth the extra to spend to get a suite. Please re-read the previous line - it's important. Important for us Americans to understand: the king beds are 2 twins pushed together and not at all acceptable. My king had 2 completely different (lumpy) type of mattresses pushed together and it was horrible. The hotel was very accommodating to find me another a suite with a "normal" and much better quality Queen size mattress. The AC is wonderful and no American will be disappointed. The Health club is first rate as well, but has later hours on the weekends which was not super. Everything is very clean. Nice free coffee bar in the lobby. Very quiet, no issues with noise at all.

It is not a 5 star hotel for these reasons: I did not have turn down service 2 nights of the 6, I have no idea why. I tend to count on it if I know I have it for new towels, water, min bar resupply etc. I had room service one night ant 9pm and was asleep in bed and got a call at 11pm from room service wanting to know if they could have my tray? That was so odd and disturbing, I did not understand that at all. If they want or need a tray back - they should be the standard note board on the delivered tray explaining what the expectations are after the meal is finished - no such information was provided. The meal was great btw. I think there could be better satellite TV service and/or at least a better listing of channels available. The list I had in my room was about 12 channels but there were more then that available but I had no idea what they were or where to find what. My coffee station in my room (which is wonderful and free) was restocked sporadically - again, if I depend on it, then it is not to have things there that should be. I had to call for a few things a couple of times. Towels vary a lot, some thin and tread bare, others fluffily. My robe had a belt that was in sheds. These are things you do not find at a 5 star, but things you tolerate at a 4 star.

I would stay here again. The things I value are all there, but know what you are getting when booking.

1  Thank sdm2663

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay, your feedback is crucial to our learning and ultimately our continued improvement.

Whilst I am happy that you enjoyed your overall stay and would return to us I am obviously disappointed that we let us ourselves down in terms of the consistency of the housekeeping of your room. We have processes in place to ensure turndown, replenishment of in-room amenities and also linen quality are checked and inspected but we clearly failed to achieve the high standards we set for ourselves with your stay. Please accept my unreserved apology, we will learn from this and ensure we close these gaps in our service as a priority.

I fully take your feedback on board regarding the number of Satellite TV channels on offer; we are currently looking at expanding our listings even further so watch this space! The Room Service Tray Service Call was incredibly untimely and I can only apologize, we do have a little card on the trays itself but also do a follow up courtesy call an hour later but 11pm is simply too late and I am very sorry for the disturbance.

I am very grateful for your feedback, it helps me and my team to focus on the areas we need to improve and I hope that when you return you will have noticed that the service gaps you mentioned have been addressed.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best wishes