“Great central hotel”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #67 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The Marylebone Hotel is perfectly located for a trip to London, just a 5-10 minute walk down to Oxford street, regent street and tube stations. The hotel itself was of a high standard and the staff were super helpful and welcoming. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thought we were perfectly located to explore and enjoy our wonderful City from. Your personal recommendation means the world to me and my team and I am incredibly grateful that you took the time to write about your stay, thank you.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is just ok, nothing at all special. My room was a joke It was small and narrow. From the foot of my bed to the wall was about two feet at most and they hung a flat screen TV on that wall. I had to walk around the bed to get to the desk. I must have banged my shoulder on that TV at least six times. There is no chest of drawers in the room, just a closet. The tub did not have a shower door, but only a swinging piece of glass that was about 1/3 the way down, How is that supposed to block water from going outside the tub? It doesn't. The breakfast buffet was also joke. Some pieces of ham, cereal, bread, yogurt and some hard boiled eggs. The staff are ok, nothing special. Friendly enough. But the half the time the doorman is not found and you need to find your own cab (which are parked out front so not too bad). The fitness center is good. it is actually a separate center but included for hotel members. Much better than your average hotel fitness center. There are much better places to stay in London for the cost.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Kenneth G

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, however disappointing it is an incredibly valuable tool for us as we strive for continual improvement and ultimately flawless guest experiences.

I am so sorry to read that we clearly failed to deliver the high levels of service and standards we pride ourselves upon. “Ok” is simply not good enough, we want to deliver exceptional and truly memorable experiences and I can assure you that we take your feedback on board. Whilst I can understand your disappointment I genuinely hope that you will accept my apology and assurance that your experience is not indicative of the high service levels and quality of accommodations we can and do deliver to our guests and I hope you will get in touch with me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com If you were to consider us again I would hope to have an opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Thank you again for telling us about your stay, I am sorry we failed to exceed your expectations and I do hope to hear from you and perhaps have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Marylebone.

With renewed apologies

Reviewed 30 May 2014

A modern, small hotel. Relatively close to a few tube stops. Friendly staff. Access to great health club and pool. Asked for wake-up calls each day, but they only got them right about 2/3 of the time (and you have to arrange by calling the front desk, not by pressing the wake up call option on the phone, which rings and rings...). Nice touch having complementary coffee, tea, and croissants on the lobby each day, as well as paper delivery to the rooms. Rooms were very small and somewhat dark. air conditioning worked very well. I don't know if it is intentional, but the ventilation system was always on providing white noise to cancel out external sounds. Nice smelling candle always burned in lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone and for writing about us, following your recent stay.

I loved your review description, we want to position ourselves a modern, boutique hotel with exceptional levels of personalized service. Your positive feedback is therefore very encouraging and I very much appreciate the fact that you took the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry to hear we missed one of your wake up calls, this is inexcusable and I can only apologize unreservedly. We are always learning from our guests’ feedback and always look to improve our facilities, processes and service, based on what our guests are saying about us.

I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Yes, fellow travellers I know it's a cliché, but it really does sum this hotel up. From the outside it looks a bit grim, but once inside you are transferred into another world. The service puts many other hotels to shame, the rooms are clean, tastefully decorated - my only moan would be the standard rooms are a tad small - that'll teach me not to be so tight next time. The common places are plentiful and restful, which is useful if you are planning to stay here before or after an op; the hotel is well versed in looking after people visiting the surrounding medical establishments. In addition, don't forget where this is, right in the heart of one of the most up and coming areas of London - even the local fire-station is a restaurant - good luck trying to get a table though!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Wow, I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and simply thrilled to read that you thought our service puts other hotels to shame!

Your feedback is incredibly important to me and my team, we hang our hats on delivering exceptional service experiences and your kind words are therefore wonderfully motivating for me and my team.

Thank you for writing about us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel's location is great, it is close to Soho and Oxford Circus. I was given excellent service. My room was comfortable and clean, but rather small. The restaurant is good, but breakfast is just ok.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank dm1186

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

I am thrilled you thought our location and our service was both “great”, thank you for writing about us and telling others about your Marylebone experience. I would be interested to know what you thought we could add to our breakfast offering to make it exceptional, your feedback is crucial to our learning and I would welcome to hear from you on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com.

I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I'm in London, I normally stay closer to the office, but since this was a one-night, in-transit kind of stay, I chose the Marylebone hotel for its location - close to shopping and good restaurants, and not too far from Paddington station. Plus, the reviews were so good that I couldn't resist!

The staff was really wonderful. I found everyone to be helpful, polite, accommodating, and chatty (but not overly so). The location really is a dream - just a few minutes walk to Oxford Street and to the convenient Tube and bus stops. Plus, there are dozens of great little cafes and restaurants - you can hardly stumble a few feet before finding another neighborhood gem.

The rooms, if you aren't used to city hotels, are quite small. Even as a frequent traveler to NYC, the size of these rooms surprised me. I did find myself maneuvering carefully around pieces of furniture (and yes, the bathroom door), and if I were staying for longer than one night, I might perhaps reconsider. That being said, the rooms are quite comfortable, the amenities are lovely, and I didn't really have any complaints during my stay.

Breakfast was delicious too - the staff really knows their stuff, and we had a nice selection to choose from. Overall, I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MiaBchGal

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about us and for recommending us to others, your personal support means the world to me and my team!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am particularly pleased that our staff and the service you received was a real highlight during your stay. Your kind words serve as a wonderful motivator for us all, thank you.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at this hotel on most of my business travels. I find the rooms really neat and well kept. I even got upgraded to the business suite the past stay. The location is really central and staff are very helpful. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is willing to fork out a little more for a comfortable stay in central London.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the upper levels are better.