“Great location and excellent service”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #62 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I visit London regularly and have stayed in many hotels. The Marylebone Hotel was excellent. On arrival we were warmly and professionally greeted by Mr Voong. He ensured our check in was dealt with efficiently. We arrived early and so did not necessarily expect our room to be available, however, he went out of his way to sort our room and while we waited offered us complimentary drinks in the lounge area. The hotel is in a perfect location in a quiet area but only a 2 min stroll from Marylebone High Street and it's many bars and restaurants or a 5-10 min stroll to Oxford Street. The room was modern, stylish and bright. The hotel has a nice restaurant and bar and the gym and spa are well equipped. We would definitely stay here again and welcomed the friendly and efficient customer service. This hotel trumps many of the 5 star London

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NMD37
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

I am thrilled you felt warmly welcomed by my team; Long very much represents our service ethos of total professionalism with genuine warmth and personal service. To know that you rated our service so highly is music to my ears and I am incredibly thankful that you took the time to write about us.

I look forward to welcoming you back and hope to meet you when you return.

There are newer reviews for The Marylebone

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Perfectly located in a relatively quiet street just of Oxford Street, you could not wish for a better medium-sized hotel in a central London location.
The staff are amongst the best I have ever met. Polite and efficient without being aloof or faux-friendly, the balance is just right.
Nice bar / lounge area, superb breakfast, I just wish I had been able to try the restaurant for dinner.
Room was small, but this is central London! Bathroom was clean and well lit, with a powerful shower.
Perfectly located for all the shopping areas of Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street, 30 minutes walk from Hyde Park or Regent's Park.

This was a business trip, but I will use this hotel for leisure weekends in London without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank StigB

Dear Guest

Wow, I am thrilled to read that you not only enjoyed your stay with us so much but thought our staff was “amongst the best” you have ever come across. High praise indeed and exactly what we strive to achieve as a team.

We hang our hats on delivering special service experiences that are personal, professional and above all genuine and your brilliant feedback is therefore incredibly motivating for me and my team.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed with my husband in a "superior junior suite," I believe. The room and bathroom were reasonably sized (for London) and very pleasant and well-maintained. Air conditioning did not work well, so the room felt a bit stuffy with the windows closed (with windows open, things were much better). I loved staying in this neighborhood -- so quiet, yet with plenty of restaurants and shops nearby, and a quick walk to the Bond Street station. Hotel staff were extremely nice and helpful, without exception. I felt very welcome. Coffee in the lobby starting early in the morning was much appreciated. Gym downstairs looked really nice (I didn't actually use it, just looked at it).

One small issue with check-in as we arrived early in the morning from an overnight flight and had reserved the room starting the night before -- travel agent had specifically noted this in the reservation but they didn't see this and marked us as "no show" and canceled the reservation (even though the reservation was for several nights!) -- luckily the room was still available so it didn't really matter beyond the initial confusion. Next time I would make a phone call in advance to make sure this doesn't happen again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, it is incredibly important to me and my team and forms an integral part in our commitment to continually improve and enhance our service and product.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the location and the service you received from our staff was a real highlight. Marylebone Village is a wonderful spot in Town, it has all the charm of a true English Village, is vibrant and full of restaurants and bars and to top it off is only 5 minutes walk from Oxford and Bond Street, the very best of both worlds!

I am so sorry you had a problem on arrival, clearly miscommunication on our side and I can only hope that the initial confusion did not detract from your overall stay.

Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff. Central location, yet quiet area. Room was great and clean. Nice luxurious bathroom for Europe. Good internet signal. Newspaper at your door every morning. Amazing stay!

Cons: Could you use more lifts. Had to wait morning and at dinner time for a lift with space in it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Josie W

Dear Guest

I am delighted you had a “great stay”, thank you for taking the time to write about us.

We hang our hats on delivering exceptional service through genuine people and I am happy to read that this stood out for you. I fully take your comment regarding the elevators on board, we have 3 guest elevators which is ample most of the time but I can understand that it could be busier during peak times and apologize if this caused any inconvenience.

Thank you for your feedback, I hope we can welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I only have good things to say about this hotel; friendly, helpful, genuine staff, clean spaceous and comfortable rooms with excellent gym, pool and spa. There is nothing more you could want for a business trip or holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer S
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about us, your feedback and support is greatly appreciated.

I am very happy to hear that we are ticking all the boxes for you and that you only have positive feedback about the facilities and our service. If there is ever anything I or my team can do to make you more comfortable please do not hesitate to ask.

It would be a pleasure to meet you when you are next with us, please ask for me if you do have time and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Nearby oxford road and Bond Street this is a Great Choice to stay. We stayed in a suite in the 7 th floor very quiet and spacious. The breakfast and the Dinner at the inhouse Restaurants were excellent, staff very friendly and helpful. Even when we came with 8 persons they arranged a table for us. If you have enough Energy After a Long Day of Shopping and Sightseeing a well equipped gym is waiting for you. I can recommend the Hotel very much.o

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

It was a wonderful pleasure to have you with us and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the Marylebone.

Marylebone Village is simply brilliant, it is only 5 minutes walk from Oxford and Bond Street as you mentioned, but what makes it truly special is the wonderful array of restaurants, café’s, bars and independent little shops that create such a vibrant atmosphere in this quaint little Village, right in the middle of Town. I am happy to hear we managed to accommodate your restaurant reservation and that you enjoyed the incredible facilities at The Third Space, Spa and Leisure Club.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope to meet you when you are next with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Unusually attentive service (especially from Gunther) makes the difference every time. Staff were eager to help and paid attention to details. Everything from booking a cab, ordering room service or navigating the minibar bill was made easier and more pleasant. Location is also a plus, as Marylebone is a more manageable, less crowded, more sophisticated shopping and browsing neighborhood than Oxford Street and Regent Street. Overall, I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Some rooms seem to have a higher ceiling.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Wow, I am very happy to hear you had such a great stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

It is always incredibly motivating when we receive such great feedback regarding our service and our people and even more rewarding when a particular employee really stood out for the service they delivered. Gunther is a wonderful ambassador for our service culture and our team; he genuinely loves looking after our guests, will always go the extra mile and simply enjoys being part of our guest’s experiences. He is going to be thrilled when I share this review, thank you!

We all look forward to welcoming you back to what I hope will now be your “home away from home”.