“Great location, good rooms, nice staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #51 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Barcelona, Spain
“Great location, good rooms, nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at this Hotel. The staff is attentive and nothing is too much trouble. They booked us theatre tickets, organized shopping to be delivered, got us an extra bed side table when we asked. All wit a smile. The breakfast room is friendly and the staff is good. You ALS get a decent coffee here which is not the case in most Hotels in London. Having a Nesspreso machine in the room is fantastic. Why don't all hotels have this facility. It costs so little, yet makes life away from home so pleasant. The location is very good, close to everything. We will be. Back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us, so much so that you have already decided to return, music to my ears!

For us it’s about delivering a style of service that is personal, warm, professional and above all genuine, it is about going that little further for reach of our customers and then adding the detail like the Nespresso machines in all our rooms. I am very happy that this ethos was positively reflected in your comments and can assure you my team will be delighted when we share your review.

Thank you for writing about us, we look forward to welcoming you back and I hope to personally meet you when you return.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had afternoon tea here and stayed the night. The cakes were delicious and the room was pure luxury! Definitely worth every penny. The service was immaculate and superb and the staff could not enough for you. The restaurant area is very classy and elegant and immensely enjoyed our time there. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us and also stayed the night!

We have only recently launched Pantry at 108 and with it a new Afternoon Tea selection which include amongst others a fully gluten free option. So far the feedback has been very positive and I am thrilled you enjoyed the experience.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have used the conference facilities at the Marylebone Hotel for a number of years to run professional training courses. The staff have always been super-helpful to give our training programmes a very suitable environment.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarah B
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us for your conference, your continued support is greatly appreciated and I am delighted you are happy with both the facilities and our service.

We know how crucial it is for our Conference Organizers that we get every detail spot on and ultimately create the right environment for a successful event and every time we receive feedback we use it as a learning tool to better understand the needs of our customers and improve.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and we look forward to hosting your next event!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great location, Marylebone village wonderful and easy walk to theatres
Great gym
Tiny room and miniature shower room, bed such a small double that my husbands broad shoulders almost filled it!
Average food
Avoid juice bar, really poor quality

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Your feedback is important to me and my team, we use your experiences to learn and ultimately improve our service and facilities.

Whilst I am happy that you enjoyed our location in Marylebone Village, indeed one of the best spots to explore London from, I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room size and the quality of our juices from the Juicery.

I appreciate that our entry level room category may not be spacious enough at times and I would welcome the opportunity to talk through the various room categories we do have prior to your next stay. With 7 room categories ranging from 19 to over 80 square meters I am convinced we can find a room for you that will tick both the space and value box so please reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com.

I fully take your comments on board regarding the quality of our juices, we spend an inordinate amount of time on training and quality checks and I can assure you I will personally address your comments with my team.

Thank you again for your feedback, we will learn from your experience and I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Marylebone.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Marylebone Hotel. The staff was friendly and professional. The room was very clean and the decor is appealing. This is the only hotel in Europe that I have stayed at that has all of the electric plug types in the room. You can plug at least one US style device into the wall without an adapter!

The food in the restaurants is as good as anything in the area. There are a lot of very good choices in the area and that says a lot about the hotel restaurant.

The bathroom was very roomy and well appointed.

This is now my favorite hotel in Europe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Joseg01
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest

I am happy to hear that we are now your favorite hotel in Europe, exactly what we want to be for all our guests!

It was a pleasure to read that your room decor, in room facilities, our restaurant and our service ticked all the right boxes for you and I am delighted we are now your preferred hotel. I hope we can be your “home away from home” for many years to come and if I can personally assist in any way please do not hesitate to reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone, I look forward to welcoming you back,

Seaford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed for one night for my daughter's birthday and could not have received better service. Don't be deceived by the exterior of this hotel. The interior is great. The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful at all times. The icing on the cake was arriving back late after a show to be greeted by cake for my daughter. Also was sent off next day with a bottle of water.
Little touches that make a stay special.

Thank you Long and your team.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda P
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about us following your recent stay, I am delighted you chose the Marylebone to celebrate your daughter’s birthday.

We hang our hats on our service and this comes down to our people delivering an experience for our guests that is always warm, personal, friendly, generous and above all genuine. Your wonderful feedback is therefore immensely encouraging and I am very grateful that you highlighted Long in particular who is one of our absolute superstars, thank you!

I look forward to welcoming you back and hope to meet you when you return.

Cheltenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel met and exceeded all expectations. It was very comfortable, the room service food was excellent and the staff were all very helpful. I would have no hesitation in recommending anyone to stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Elaine H
Dear Guest

A pleasure to hear we met and exceeded your expectations, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

Word of mouth remains the truest and most powerful form of referral we could ask for and your personal recommendation means the world to me and my team.

Thank you for writing about us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.