“Great hotel in a great location!”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #65 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is very well managed and in a great location-close to tube stations, restaurants and shopping. My suite was large with a lovely balcony. There was a bit of an issue with the shower but Gunther at the front desk managed to correct the situation. My son had one of the queen rooms which looked to be recently renovated. The staff were wonderful. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for sharing your experience!

At the Marylebone I am genuinely blessed to be surrounded by an incredible bunch of talented, passionate and above all caring individuals who will not hesitate to go the extra mile for our guests and the credit simply has to go to my wonderful team. Gunther is an excellent ambassador for us and exemplifies our commitment to delivering personal, genuine hospitality; he is going to be thrilled when I share your wonderfully kind comments, thank you.

It was a real pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

No doubt this place is under-rated, it's located in a quiet and chic enclave of Marylebone Village. Fancy bars, restaurants (think Chiltern Firehouse) cafes (think Monocle cafe), trendy shops are just within 5 mins walk away. Bond street station is just 8mins walk away. The hotel lobby and restaurants are superb. After a 14-hour red-eye flight, I needed to check in and rush for a business meeting, the hotel helpfully let me check in early and even got me a cup of latte on the house while they sort of my room. It's this little gesture that really counts.

The room although is a tad small (hey, this is London), it's clean and compact. WIFI is free and reliable. The bathroom and accessories are all luxurious. For a relatively small room, there is a decent queen size bed, a writing desk etc all nicely fitted. It's nice a quiet and with the multiple lifts within the hotel, Marylebone high street and oxford street are just easily accessible. Cabs are available at all times and the doormen are all extremely helpful.

All in all, superb. Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for putting pen to paper and posting such an eloquent review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I am happy to hear that our team looked after you from the moment you arrived from your long flight and throughout your stay, we do hang our hats on our service and we are always greatly encouraged when this is so positively highlighted in our guests’ feedback. Marylebone Village is definitely THE place to stay, it has it all; a chic Village atmosphere, amazing independent shops, great restaurants and cafés and as you mentioned we are literally on Mayfair’s doorstep with Bond Street and Oxford Street only a stone’s throw away.

I hope we will now be your home away from home whenever in Town and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My second stay at this elegant, efficient, modern hotel. My last visit was in winter and this time was in summer when I appreciated the air conditioning. The staff make efforts to be helpful and make sure the room is just what you wanted. I also appreciated the large swimming pool--just the way to get the kinks out after a day in offices and/or museums.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, and most of them are.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JHT1622

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you return, our number one priority is to ensure our customers feel truly welcome and cared for and ultimately build long term relationships that will hopefully have them return again and again!

The Third Space Health Club and Spa is indeed a remarkable facility, stretching over 3 floors which include the gymnasium, cardio workout room, Pilates and Yoga studios as well as the Spa and 18 meter swimming pool it is a great plus for our guests who are able to use all the facilities entirely complimentary. I am delighted you were able to relax after a days’ work!

Thank you for posting your review and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay at the Marylebone Hotel and loved it's central location.

The staff were very attentive and went beyond the call of duty. All of the facilities that we used were excellent and our room was very spacious and clean.

Would highly recommend this hotel and will certainly return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julesb176

Dear Guest

I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent weekend break with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

Word of mouth remains the truest and most powerful form of referral and your personal recommendation means the absolute world to us. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about our hotel and our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best wishes

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Third time we have stayed here and it is always consistent. Very friendly and helpful staff. The location of this hotel is excellent, near to Oxford street, Regents park and smack bang in the middle of Matylebone. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest

I am very pleased to read your review, as a returning, loyal supporter of the Marylebone it is so important that we continue to meet and exceed your expectations and your feedback is crucial if we are to achieve this consistently.

I am delighted that our location and the friendly, helpful nature of our team continue to be a highlight for you. We want you to feel truly welcome and at home, every time you stay and know that we are only as good as your last visit. Your positive feedback and personal recommendation is therefore incredibly encouraging and also greatly valued, thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you back again and hope to meet you in person when you return to the Marylebone.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife stayed at this hotel for various periods/weekends over 5 weeks, whilst I was undergoing heart surgery at the UCLH Heart Hospital, some 2 minutes away. For various reasons we couldn't always be precise on the dates because of post-operation complications.
The Reception Desk staff were brilliant. They were very caring and compassionate with my wife and always ensured she got a reasonably priced room when she needed it even at very busy times. The room quality and breakfasts were outstanding. The hotel staff made sure she was comfortable and gave her positive support over this worrying time for her. Most of the entrance staff spoke to her and welcomed her every evening enquiring after my progress and making her feel she was among caring friends.
There is no doubt that the hotel staff considerably eased this difficult time.
This is a first class London hotel, staffed by people who care. Try them!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PandM88

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Marylebone.

I hope you are recovering well following your surgery and can only imagine what an incredibly difficult time it must have been for you and your family. The very least we could do was to ensure you were comfortable, felt welcome and cared for and I am genuinely happy that our team made you feel at home over the last 5 weeks. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by a great team who are all real people’s people and genuinely care about our guests; your very kind words will be deeply appreciated when we share your review, thank you.

Your personal recommendation means the world to me, I hope we can welcome you back under better circumstances and if I can ever personally assist in any way please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Warm regards

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I'd like to thank (Initials of person: LV) for getting me an amazing room at the very last minute. In the past I dealt with Mark directly however, Mark left for new pastures a few months ago.

LV was very professional and dealt with my booking swiftly. The room and service was as always outstanding.

If I recall we had a slight issue with room service last time unfortunately we had a small issue this time as well, nothing worth going into detail about however main thing is that it was put right straight away.

The hotel is in a fantastic location if you want to shop on oxford street. Its about a 5 min stroll. The Marylebone village has lots of little shops and places to eat if you don't fancy the food at the hotel.

I'd like to thank all of the staff for making our stay comfortable and enjoyable and we look forward to returning to our favourite London hotel before the end of summer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank L0vingL0nd0n

Dear Guest

Wow, I am absolutely delighted to read your review following your recent stay!

“Perfect in every way “is undoubtedly the very best feedback we could ever ask for and I am incredibly grateful that you took the time to post your review. Long is one of our absolute stars, having only recently joined he truly exemplifies our service ethos of “going the extra mile” and delivering personalized service that shows we truly care. He will be thrilled when I share your kind words, thank you. I am sorry to read you had a slight issue with room service but happy to hear that we managed to put it right immediately.

The very best part of your review is that you will return and that we are your favorite London Hotel, we promise to never rest on our laurels and always strive to exceed your expectations every time you stay.

Thank you again for writing so eloquently about us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.