“Fabulous”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #70 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a great time. It's a great hotel for business travellers, fantastic location. It would be great if the standard breakfast included eggs (omelette etc) but other than that 108 is a great restaurant with good service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

We are always learning from our guests and we use your feedback to continually evaluate and ultimately improve our service, product and guest offering. I therefore totally take your comment regarding offering omelets as part of our standard breakfast on board. We now feature a full A La Carte menu, from omelets to porridge as well as a range of other hot items such Egg Benedict, Traditional English breakfast and of course the full cold Continental selection. I am happy you enjoyed 108 and promise we will continue to look at ways of improving and enhancing our offering!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,665)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a brilliant 6 night stay at the Marylebone hotel. It is a very well run hotel with excellent staff and efficient service. We loved the location and the "village" type atmosphere of Marylebone High street. The breakfast is excellent and we so appreciated the kids prices for both 108 bar and breakfast. London is an expensive destination but I think Marylebone offers good value for money. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I am thrilled you had such a an enjoyable 6 night stay with us, thank you so much for telling us and others about your Marylebone experience!

It is incredibly important to us that our guests feel welcome, spoilt and looked after throughout their stay and also feel we have offered exceptional value. Your positive feedback is therefore incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated, thank you.

Thank you for your personal recommendation, word of mouth remains the most powerful form of referral we could ever ask for and your support is crucial to our future success.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

disappointed from the stains that I found in the towels and bed sheets even though if it looked washed, also the shampoo I got the feeling that it was used and left from the previous gest, and it was with very week wireless

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Noura A
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, we know it is crucial that we truly listen to what our guests are saying about us if we are to continually improve and enhance our service and our product.

Whilst I am pleased that you rated our service so highly I am obviously disappointed that you saw stains on your linen. All our linen are thoroughly cleaned and also inspected for damage and I can only surmise that this was a very unusual and unfortunate oversight. We also replace all in room amenities daily. I am sorry you found our wireless signal to be weaker than expected and kindly ask that you get in touch with me on frit_potgieter@doylecollection.com, I want to look into this matter and need to know which room you stayed in to investigate further. We have a very solid, high speed connection and it is incredibly unusual for our guests to experience any issues so I am very keen to get to the bottom of the issue.

Despite the issues you experienced I do hope to hear from you and perhaps we can discuss a potential return visit, I can assure you that the inconsistencies you highlighted are most certainly not indicative of our usual high levels of service and hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Marylebone.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked this hotel primarily because of its location and we were not disappointed. We only stayed the one night but the staff were very friendly and accomodating. Our room size was adequate, clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent along with the overall service. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us for your night in London, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay!

It was a pleasure to read that our location, your room and our service ticked all the right boxes and I am very happy to hear you hope to return to us!

Thank you for writing about your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here so that we wouldn't have to drive home after a wedding (we live in London). We had a suite but it was more like a room, it was spotlessly clean and very comfortable but there was not separate seating area. I have noticed that people have mentioned chocolates and water? But we received neither and the mini bar was locked so maybe they were in there. Not the best hotel i have ever stayed in but we were only there overnight and we stayed up nearly all night at the wedding reception and stayed in bed in the morning so didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: i wouldn't bother paying for a suite, i'll bet the rooms are more or less the same size but...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us, your feedback is crucial as we strive to continually improve and enhance our guest experience at the Marylebone.

I am sorry to hear that you felt your room was not as spacious as you would have expected. We have over 7 room categories ranging from around 19 to over 80 square meters, and everything in between, so I am very confident we have a room category that would be perfect for you from both a space and value perspective. Perhaps you would be so kind as to contact me prior to your next London visit on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com. I would welcome the opportunity to talk you through all our options and promise that if you do return I will ensure your next stay with us exceeds all your expectations. We do offer an evening turn down service in every bedroom and I can only apologize if this was not the case with your stay, I will certainly look into the matter with my team so we can understand where the breakdown in service occurred and ultimately ensure any inconsistencies in our processes are permanently rectified. I sincerely hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.

I look forward to hearing from you and sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Marylebone.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have stayed in my fair share of hotels in my time, but I can really say that the Marylebone Hotel has got customer care spot on. The concierge team were really warm and welcoming, very helpful. It felt like they all genuinely loved to make people's days. We stayed there on our wedding night in one of the suites. It was clean, spotless and comfortable. The bed was soooo nice, we didn't want to get up from it. It's also wonderfully located. There really are quiet spots just off busy Oxford Street. Lovely. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica H

Dear Guest

Such a lovely review…I am very grateful that you took the time to write about your stay, thank you.

I am thrilled that you thought so highly of our customer care, ultimately that is our number one priority, to ensure each and every one of our guests feel special, welcome and genuinely looked after from the movement they arrive to the day we have to say goodbye.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone, I very much look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Marylebone Hotel is well situated near the busy hub of Oxford Street but in the quieter Welbeck Street. The staff at the hotel are friendly and helpful. We were lucky to be upgraded to a Deluxe Room which although not large was very comfortable and spotless. The water, chocolates and evening turn down service are a nice touch. I'd definitely return here on my next visit to London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 21Sue35

Dear Guest

I am happy to hear you will definitely be retuning again following your recent stay with us!

We want to build long term relationships with our customers and ultimately measure our success on whether we have become a home away from home for our guests. Your feedback is therefore incredibly encouraging and motivating for me and my team, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.