“Perfect Hotel!”

The Marylebone
Ranked #59 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Perfect Hotel!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Marylebone Hotel was the perfect spot for our recent visit to London (July 12-15). The rooms are small, yet adorable and contain every comfort we could have asked for, including heated floors in the bathroom! The room was plenty cool, the beds were incredibly comfortable and the walls were even equipped with jacks for plugs from any country (USA or Europe). It was quite impressive. The breakfast was spectacular with an amazing buffet full of cheese, meat, cereal, muffins, fruit; you name it (plus all kinds of items to order). They also have a great bar and dinner/lunch restaurant. We ate dinner there and thoroughly enjoyed. The hotel lobby has one cozzy sitting room after anotther; complete with comfy sofas and fireplaces. And the staff was ridiculously accommodating. Every last one of them was polite, helpful and beyond welcoming. This is truly one of the very best hotel experiences my husband and I have ever had!

1 Thank Daniel B
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest

A perfect review, we could ask for no better feedback than hearing that you thought we were “one of the very best hotel experiences” you ever had!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from our location to your room to the very important service you received from my team. We want to be a genuine “home away from home” for our guests and your positive feedback is incredibly encouraging and motivating for us all, thank you!

I hope we will see you very soon and I very much look forward to meeting you and your husband when you return to the Marylebone.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

what a fabulous hotel, with such an outstanding welcome and beautiful gym facilities. The restaurant is fantastic - beautiful food served by a lovely waitress called Halima - very good service. A lovely room in a great location.

2 Thank Richard D
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest

I am simply overwhelmed by your brilliant review, thank you so much for taking the time to write about us!

Halima is a wonderful ambassador for our hotel and personifies the personal nature of our service, which is very much based on genuine, warm hospitality where people really care. She will be thrilled when I share your very kind words, thank you for highlighting her as a stand out employee during your stay.

It was a wonderful pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Nairobi
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a great time. It's a great hotel for business travellers, fantastic location. It would be great if the standard breakfast included eggs (omelette etc) but other than that 108 is a great restaurant with good service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

We are always learning from our guests and we use your feedback to continually evaluate and ultimately improve our service, product and guest offering. I therefore totally take your comment regarding offering omelets as part of our standard breakfast on board. We now feature a full A La Carte menu, from omelets to porridge as well as a range of other hot items such Egg Benedict, Traditional English breakfast and of course the full cold Continental selection. I am happy you enjoyed 108 and promise we will continue to look at ways of improving and enhancing our offering!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a brilliant 6 night stay at the Marylebone hotel. It is a very well run hotel with excellent staff and efficient service. We loved the location and the "village" type atmosphere of Marylebone High street. The breakfast is excellent and we so appreciated the kids prices for both 108 bar and breakfast. London is an expensive destination but I think Marylebone offers good value for money. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I am thrilled you had such a an enjoyable 6 night stay with us, thank you so much for telling us and others about your Marylebone experience!

It is incredibly important to us that our guests feel welcome, spoilt and looked after throughout their stay and also feel we have offered exceptional value. Your positive feedback is therefore incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated, thank you.

Thank you for your personal recommendation, word of mouth remains the most powerful form of referral we could ever ask for and your support is crucial to our future success.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 21 July 2014

disappointed from the stains that I found in the towels and bed sheets even though if it looked washed, also the shampoo I got the feeling that it was used and left from the previous gest, and it was with very week wireless

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Noura A
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, we know it is crucial that we truly listen to what our guests are saying about us if we are to continually improve and enhance our service and our product.

Whilst I am pleased that you rated our service so highly I am obviously disappointed that you saw stains on your linen. All our linen are thoroughly cleaned and also inspected for damage and I can only surmise that this was a very unusual and unfortunate oversight. We also replace all in room amenities daily. I am sorry you found our wireless signal to be weaker than expected and kindly ask that you get in touch with me on frit_potgieter@doylecollection.com, I want to look into this matter and need to know which room you stayed in to investigate further. We have a very solid, high speed connection and it is incredibly unusual for our guests to experience any issues so I am very keen to get to the bottom of the issue.

Despite the issues you experienced I do hope to hear from you and perhaps we can discuss a potential return visit, I can assure you that the inconsistencies you highlighted are most certainly not indicative of our usual high levels of service and hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Marylebone.

Edem Stockport
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked this hotel primarily because of its location and we were not disappointed. We only stayed the one night but the staff were very friendly and accomodating. Our room size was adequate, clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent along with the overall service. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us for your night in London, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay!

It was a pleasure to read that our location, your room and our service ticked all the right boxes and I am very happy to hear you hope to return to us!

Thank you for writing about your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back.

norbury, london
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here so that we wouldn't have to drive home after a wedding (we live in London). We had a suite but it was more like a room, it was spotlessly clean and very comfortable but there was not separate seating area. I have noticed that people have mentioned chocolates and water? But we received neither and the mini bar was locked so maybe they were in there. Not the best hotel i have ever stayed in but we were only there overnight and we stayed up nearly all night at the wedding reception and stayed in bed in the morning so didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: i wouldn't bother paying for a suite, i'll bet the rooms are more or less the same size but...
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us, your feedback is crucial as we strive to continually improve and enhance our guest experience at the Marylebone.

I am sorry to hear that you felt your room was not as spacious as you would have expected. We have over 7 room categories ranging from around 19 to over 80 square meters, and everything in between, so I am very confident we have a room category that would be perfect for you from both a space and value perspective. Perhaps you would be so kind as to contact me prior to your next London visit on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com. I would welcome the opportunity to talk you through all our options and promise that if you do return I will ensure your next stay with us exceeds all your expectations. We do offer an evening turn down service in every bedroom and I can only apologize if this was not the case with your stay, I will certainly look into the matter with my team so we can understand where the breakdown in service occurred and ultimately ensure any inconsistencies in our processes are permanently rectified. I sincerely hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.

I look forward to hearing from you and sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Marylebone.