“Great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Manchester
“Great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very efficient hotel, staff go the extra mile. Check in/out is very fast, hotel is really well located for central London. Rooms are well equipt (although they're a bit small). Breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

3 Thank Alex M
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review following your recent stay!

I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us and particularly pleased that my team made a real impression, we hang our hats on our service and when the genuine and personal nature of our service is so positively reflected in our guests’ feedback it is always incredibly motivating, thank you.

I hope we will be welcoming you back very soon and look forward to meeting you when you return.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for many years on an annual basis.It has for me a familiar and convenient location .The staff are now so well chosen and strive to add value and deliver the best of service.The cleanliness has also improved which has always been a weaker link .The hotel is now managed by a fabulously friendly and organised ex south African called Fritz Potgieter and for me being South African ,I am biased in believing the tone is well set from the top down,to ensure everything runs on greased wheels!Even Anje at the front desk sets the tone that nothing is too much to oblige with.Well done!Only thing i can say is that like many London hotels there is not much cupboard space or drawer space and you are very much living out of a suitcase or are aware that you are not clocking in for too long!Otherwise ,despite that irritation,we will most definately return there when next we return to London.Many thanks

2 Thank DeniseHB
Dear Guest

I am delighted to have finally met you and your husband during your recent stay with us, always a pleasure to get to know our guests and I have to start by thanking you for your continued support of the Marylebone.

As a Hotel and Team we have been, and still are, on an incredible journey, we are striving to deliver an exceptional guest experience and whilst we know we need to continually improve to achieve and maintain this goal, by employing, developing and ultimately empowering a great team of individuals who love looking after others we genuinely believe we are on the right track. Thank you for highlighting Antje and the service you received from my team, whilst I graciously appreciate your very kind words the credit has to go to the team here, like Antje, each and every employee wants to be part of our guests’ experience, will not hesitate to go the extra mile and above all love what they do and I believe this makes all the difference.

I note your comment regarding additional drawer space; whilst there is no quick solution just yet we will certainly be taking these suggestions into account as we continue our enhancement and renovation programs.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back, thank you for taking the time to write about us!

Warm regards

Wickham Market, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

It is very difficult to fault this hotel. The rooms are smallish but sufficient for ones needs. They are loverly and clean, and I especially congratulate them on the cleaning of the basin plug holes every day. Towels, face clothes, and all the accessories were excellent, and at times unnecessarily replaced every day. The chocolates at night were a nice touch. Though an accident is awaiting to happen in the bathroom with the placing of the tissue box on the top glass shelf unfixed. An unsteady hand could cause problems. All the staff were most pleasant, polite,and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.
The restaurant was excellent, and the food and service was what one would expect at this class of hotel. Excellent, I will return, all being well. Gerald P

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gerald P
Dear Guest

I am really happy to hear that you found it difficult to fault our hotel and service, we know that with so much choice in London we have to deliver exceptional standards of facilities and service consistently and your positive review is both encouraging and very motivating indeed.

I take note of your comment regarding the location of our tissue box holders, although fairly light we may well look at fixing it in situ, just to be safe! The great thing about guest reviews is that we get to learn, it is an opportunity for us to understand the needs and wants of our customers better and adjust and/or enhance our facilities and service to do an even better job of looking after our guests. Your feedback is crucial to our long-term success and I am very grateful that you took the time to tell us about your stay.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Super hotel, in fantastic locatio, surrounded by excellent eateries and only a 5 mins walk from Selfridges and 30 seconds [from back dooe] to Marylebone High Street. Pool is great and the gymlooked good, but didn't go in!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us, I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the Marylebone!

I couldn’t agree more, Marylebone Village is an amazing find. With an array of wonderful independent shops, café’s, great restaurants and bars plus being only 5 minutes walk from Oxford and Bond Street, it really is the perfect spot from which to explore London from.

I hope to welcome you back very soon and look forward to meeting you when you return.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Marylebone Hotel was the perfect spot for our recent visit to London (July 12-15). The rooms are small, yet adorable and contain every comfort we could have asked for, including heated floors in the bathroom! The room was plenty cool, the beds were incredibly comfortable and the walls were even equipped with jacks for plugs from any country (USA or Europe). It was quite impressive. The breakfast was spectacular with an amazing buffet full of cheese, meat, cereal, muffins, fruit; you name it (plus all kinds of items to order). They also have a great bar and dinner/lunch restaurant. We ate dinner there and thoroughly enjoyed. The hotel lobby has one cozzy sitting room after anotther; complete with comfy sofas and fireplaces. And the staff was ridiculously accommodating. Every last one of them was polite, helpful and beyond welcoming. This is truly one of the very best hotel experiences my husband and I have ever had!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Daniel B
Dear Guest

A perfect review, we could ask for no better feedback than hearing that you thought we were “one of the very best hotel experiences” you ever had!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from our location to your room to the very important service you received from my team. We want to be a genuine “home away from home” for our guests and your positive feedback is incredibly encouraging and motivating for us all, thank you!

I hope we will see you very soon and I very much look forward to meeting you and your husband when you return to the Marylebone.

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

what a fabulous hotel, with such an outstanding welcome and beautiful gym facilities. The restaurant is fantastic - beautiful food served by a lovely waitress called Halima - very good service. A lovely room in a great location.

2 Thank Richard D
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest

I am simply overwhelmed by your brilliant review, thank you so much for taking the time to write about us!

Halima is a wonderful ambassador for our hotel and personifies the personal nature of our service, which is very much based on genuine, warm hospitality where people really care. She will be thrilled when I share your very kind words, thank you for highlighting her as a stand out employee during your stay.

It was a wonderful pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Nairobi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a great time. It's a great hotel for business travellers, fantastic location. It would be great if the standard breakfast included eggs (omelette etc) but other than that 108 is a great restaurant with good service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

We are always learning from our guests and we use your feedback to continually evaluate and ultimately improve our service, product and guest offering. I therefore totally take your comment regarding offering omelets as part of our standard breakfast on board. We now feature a full A La Carte menu, from omelets to porridge as well as a range of other hot items such Egg Benedict, Traditional English breakfast and of course the full cold Continental selection. I am happy you enjoyed 108 and promise we will continue to look at ways of improving and enhancing our offering!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!