“Charming and cozy”

Ranked #51 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Khartoum, Sudan
“Charming and cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed at the Marylebone several times and each stay has been wonderful. The hotel itself is tucked away in Marylebone and the exterior is somewhat unassuming however it is located perfectly in the West End of London and places you within minutes of key locations.

The rooms are very nice and cozy and while the hotel is small the amenities are great (wifi, spa, room service) and the hotel staff are extremely supportive and friendly and will do what it takes to make sure you have a comfortable stay. Every once in a while there are small glitches (i.e. A/C not working well) however the hotel immediately switched my room. I have always felt comfortable and well-catered to while staying at the Marylebone and found it to be great value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sammooha
Garreth W, General Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel, happy to hear you found us to be great value for money. It’s great to hear how convenient you find our location, I spend a lot of time trying to convince people that there is life outside of Mayfair. Marylebone Village is a superb staging point for either a leisure or business trip to London. I am very proud of the whole team here at the hotel, they work hard to make every guest experience special, I will pass on your comments. Happy to hear they switched your room once you highlighted a glitch, I look forward to saying hello when you are next staying in London.
Thank you again.
Garreth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in August and were very happy. The hotel is extremely clean, the furniture is new and updated, the staff leaves chocolates and two choices of glass water bottles each day. The front desk is also very helpful; both before and during our stay they were easy to contact, and they were always eager to accommodate us. The rooms are a bit small, but the cleanliness and thoughtfulness in making it neat and clean is well worth the lack in space. All in all this was a great hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa k
Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review, our housekeeping and front desk teams have been working hard all summer taking care of our guests. You have reminded me that I need to say thank you a bit more often to them... Please contact me at garreth_walsh@doylecollection.com when you are next planning a London visit and I will ensure you receive a more spacious room.
Regards
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. Our experience was just as exceptional as last year. All the nice touches of a Doyle hotel were much appreciated, including the Nespresso machine in the room, a nice bottle of both sparkling and still water left in our room each day, and wonderful beds, bed linens and pillows. The location is perfect with short walk access to Bonne Belle and Paul's bakeries, Tesco and Waitrose for snacks, plus dozens of great restaurants and shops within a few blocks. We love this hotel. Great value and great service. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank doc4jox
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel, I am very proud of the team here at The Marylebone Hotel. Great to see you spent some of your time on Marylebone High Street, I agree the coffee shops, restaurants and boutique stores are a huge contrast to Oxford Street nearby.
Very much looking forward to meeting you when you next visit.
Regards
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed four nights. Nice hotel in great location. Very clean and tidy. Hi light was the great staff. Very obliging!! Enrico the concierge was a gentleman. Staff at breakfast were very professional. The breakfast is fantastic!! Highly recommend this hotel..

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank shane k
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest

Wow, thank you for writing such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us.

Your personal recommendation means the absolute world to me and my team and I am thrilled that our service and particularly the friendliness and professionalism of our team were such a highlight for you throughout your time with us. Enrico is one of our star employee’s who very much reflects the genuine and caring nature of our service, thank you for highlighting him especially, I know he will be over the moon when we share your feedback as a team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back and I hope to personally meet you when you return.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was my first time to stay at the Marylebone hotel. The overall experience was first class. We were greeted by the concierge who provded water and hot towels while we waited to check in (a welcome intervention after a day through airports). The room was superb, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was great. I only needed something light and quick - the serving staff were alert and on the ball which was a really pleasent change with tea, toast etc served without a fuss . I cant say enough about my stay. Genuinely "wowed" and was not expecting it - was on a flying visit to london so it was a really welcome break. I have already told my PA to use the Marylebone for future trips.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jim H
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone, I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your first stay with us!

Our number one priority is to build long term relationships with our customers and hopefully become a real “home away from home” for each guest who stays with us, your positive feedback and intent to return is therefore incredibly motivating for me and my team.

Thank you for writing about us; I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Workington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great hotel, very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very nice and there was something for everyone. Drinks in the bar were also very good.

This hotel is in a great position for shops and restaurants, and only a few minutes from Oxford road. £8 in a taxi from Euston station, and only a short walk from Selfridges in one direction and Regents park in the other.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for telling us and others about your Marylebone experience.

Marylebone Village is indeed a very special spot in Town; it has a wonderful vibrancy with a vast array of café’s, restaurants, great bars and independent shops plus we are only 5 minutes from Oxford and Bond Street.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I l look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a really convenient stop over for a 1 night stay. It's close to Bond Street tube and round the corner from the nice restaurants in Marylebone. No street noise at all. Our room was very small but well designed. I liked having a nespresso machine. Service was very friendly and efficient. If I was staying more than a night or 2 I'd need a larger room! Everything immaculately clean so thank you to the staff.

• Stayed August 2014
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone, it was a pleasure to have you with us!

I am very happy that you enjoyed our location, the design of your room and most importantly the service you received from my team, we are committed to delivering exceptional service experiences and your positive feedback is therefore incredibly motivating.

We all look forward to welcoming you back and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you when you return.

Best wishes