“WHAT AN AMAZING HOTEL IN A FAB LOCATION!!”

The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
Ranked #177 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 June 2014

In London last weekend and spent three nights in the Chelsea Harbour Hotel (formerly the Wyndham Chelsea). All I can say is WOW, what a location. We stayed in a Chelsea Harbour Balcony Suite (it is an all suite hotel) and were glad we paid the extra for the balcony as the weather was fab and I spent many hours on the balcony drinking my morning coffee, or evening drink with a view of some lovely yachts. As a frequent 'sailor' on luxury cruises I felt like I was back in Monaco looking over the harbour there. The whole of the experience makes you forget you are in London, only minutes from the hustle and bustle of a big city. My husband and I walked along the embankment to Westminster - which was lovely, and another day walked back from Harrods and along the King's Road - I believe Jose Mourinho frequents this area, but I was not lucky enough to bump into him - although I know for a fact that when my husband and I checked out he came in with lots of other celebs/VIP's - what a shame, could have been a laugh :). There was an International football team staying there for a couple of nights, but they didn't bother us, and we didn't bother them (not bad on the eyes in their shorts mind you ;)
Anyway, what a true gem of a hotel. We have stayed in many five star hotels in London in the city and just fancied a change - well we are truly converted, and cannot wait to visit it again. The staff were lovely, could not have been more helpful, and the food and drink we had was excellent. The Chelsea Harbour Hotel is an exceptional property, in a fabulous location, and has a wonderful team - there if you need them, but not fussing over you when you don't need them - which is perfect.
The only disadvantage is getting taxi's into the city - it was around £35.00 one way, so a bit expensive if you have a few trips into the centre. However, Harrods is only two miles away, and there is a fabulous shopping centre only 8 minutes away from the hotel on the train (Imperial Wharf next to hotel) with some amazing shops (J Choo, Louis Vuitton, etc). Also a lovely small boutique in the hotel (ladies and gents garments) with some lovely items - bought a small item for my husband.
I can't wait to go back to this fabulous hotel.
Well done to all at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel - you certainly made our weekend special :)
Elaine M, Scotland

Room Tip: Can't imagine a bad room, but for a special treat try and stretch to a Chelsea Harbour Balcony s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Elaine M,

Thank you for your extremely kind review following your stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We were delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your three nights at the hotel. We are thrilled that you liked the location, your suite and its views of the marina and the helpful staff, your feedback will be passed on and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel is located near to Imperial Wharf overground station,so great access to transport. Rooms are spacious and very clean! Hotel staff were generally helpful and friendly. Special mention must be made of Executive Head Chef Imthiaz Kader...food was delicious and the service was tremendous! He made our stay all that much more memorable! Great stay overall...will definitely come back to stay when I (hopefully) return to London..

• Stayed: May 2014
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Nazreena H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We are delighted that you were happy with the location of the hotel, your spacious and clean suite and the delicious food made by our head chef. Your feedback will be passed onto Imthiaz and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Absolutely brilliant hotel!! From arrival to departure, the staff AND the manager himself were courteous, professional and extremely friendly. travelling as a family, we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms are spacious and very clean and really very smart. lots of nice features and very comfortable. the hotel is 15-20 mins in a cab from the city centre (expect to pay £20-£25) and the nearest tube station is 5 minutes walk. There is a spa in the hotel which looks excellent but sadly, we didn't have time to drop in. The food is excellent and the service is very very good, if you can - grab a table overlooking the marina. I have nothing negative to say about the Chelsea Harbour Hotel, really good value - lovely setting and well run. I will definitely be staying again and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone. Well done guys, you should be proud of yourselves.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites, try and get a room with a view if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Wayne S,

We were thrilled to read that you received great service from arrival to departure. Your feedback will be passed onto the staff members and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed for three nights with our two children. We had a room on the fifth floor overlooking the harbour. Marvellous views and a lovely quiet hotel. Great nights sleep. The fact that all the rooms here are suites meant we could all stay in the same room with the children sleeping on a very large double sofa bed in the lounge. This meant we all had our privacy and at the same time we didn't have to worry about booking adjoining rooms etc. the rooms are very nicely equipped with lovely toiletries in the bathrooms. Perfectly situated just a two minute walk from kings road. Breakfast was a pleasure with a huge choice to suit everyone. Only one small complaint is the service charge added on every time we bought a drink at the bar. Which resulted in every round of drinks being rather pricey. This seems to be 'normal' in 5 star hotels in the city but still annoys me. I am a northerner after all! But overall i old highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and especially those travelling with children.

Room Tip: Harbour view and high up as possible for the best views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear rebsteele,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed the suite that you were staying in overlooking the marina. Your feedback regarding the service charge will be passed onto the bar manager. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We arrived from an early flight very early for our checkin (8:30am as opposed to 2pm), and had to wait around a really long time for our room to be ready (only ready at 3pm) which was a bit of a bad start, BUT after that initial bump in the road we had a very pleasant stay at the hotel.

Our room was very spacious and well laid out, although it was right next to the elevator so we had a bit of noise coming in during the evenings and nights (especially on the weekend). It was well maintained, clean and great that the toilet is separate to the rest of the bathroom (though the air filter for the toilet wasn't working in our room!).

Being Halaal only, the hotel really catered very well to our needs - they were aware of the requirements and also catered for it. Head chef (Imthiaz Kader) catered to all our needs, ensuring that our food was served separately and it was always DELICIOUS!!! He was a stellar representative for the hotel, and both as a person who helped us in any way he could. I would recommend his food anytime and to anyone!! The hotel breakfast is a must - waffles, pancakes, poached eggs, anything we tried was actually scrumptious!

Hotel location is also very central to bus routes, Chelsea High Street as well as the underground which is very important when traveling with a 2 year old on vacation.

Overall, a great stay and a highly recommended hotel (and chef!).

Room Tip: Ask for a room further from the elevators, and with a view if you can get it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Ayesha_Imaan,

We are pleased that overall you had a great stay and would recommend the hotel. We were also delighted to read that Head Chef Imthiaz was able to cater to your specific needs. Your kind feedback will be passed onto him.
With regards to early check in, unfortunately we are unable to guarantee this if we are busy the previous night, but please note that we do try to honour as many requests as possible.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Having just stayed in the Chelsea Harbour Hotel for a few days, I have nothing but positive memories.
The staff were all SUPERB, from the Valet, to the reception staff, to the bar people and porters. Genuine, well trained, luxury Hotel staff, who made you feel most welcome, met every need, but did not interfere or try too hard.
To sit and have breakfast, overlooking the harbour and the boats, with the sun shining down, seemed like heaven!!
The room was great, breakfast superb, an amazing swimming pool/sauna/steam room/gym, very clean throughout and in a superb location for Chelsea and the Kings Road.
If I had one criticism, it would be the furniture in the room feels old fashioned. A small point, but it would have made a very spacious room feel so much more luxurious.
Would I stay there again??? ABSOLUTELY!! hopefully soon.
I live in London, so it is a great base if I do not want to drive home.
All in all, a really good choice and highly recommended. London has over 150 5* Hotels to choose from, so to have all 180 rooms full when I visited, must mean they are doing something right!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites, but a Marina view room would be my choice. That said, breakfast is overlooking...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Jonnyknight,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We were thrilled to read that you have nothing but positive memories following your stay. Your kind feedback will be passed onto each staff member with a great level of pride. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night away. Choose the hotel from the fantastic reviews. We were not disappointed. The room was exceedingly spacious with a separate lounge, bedroom, 2 separate toilets, waterfall shower, separate bath and twin sinks. The hotel is very clean and welcoming. We were able sit outside on the balcony overlooking the marina to have our breakfast. Only one negative... When I ordered 2 glasses of sparkling Rose for my husband and I, I did not expect to be charged £34!!!! We later checked the drinks menu and realised that the only sparkling rose that the hotel offers is the rose champagne. Probably my fault for not checking the menu but it would have been nice for the waiter to mention this when I ordered so that I could have ordered another wine. However, like I said, beautiful hotel and lovely staff but still feel a little cheated with the drinks as I have never paid £34 for 2 small alcoholic drinks before but I will be wiser next time!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank astrolly
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear astrolly,
We were delighted to read that you were pleased with your spacious suite and that the hotel was clean and welcoming. Please note your feedback regarding the prices in the bar have been passed onto the bar manager.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.