“Hotel was lovely though first impressions are everything”

The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
Ranked #205 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Hotel was lovely though first impressions are everything”
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Firstly I would like to state that the hotel in general had exceeded my expectations. The foyer and style of the public areas from the bar to the lounge was exceptional. Probably one of the best styled hotels I have stayed in and in my line of work I usually attend a number of hotels around the world.
I had recently had time to spend in London with my wife as I travel a lot on business and chose to stay at the Wyndham hotel on this particular occasion.
My first impressions were of delight at the friendliness of the door staff upon my arrival, the problem was when I had to check in. there was an eastern European blonde tall lady receptionist who I hadn’t caught the name of, who was arguing quite loudly with staff near the concierge desk. She instantly gave both myself and my wife dirty looks and was abrupt, disrespectful and rude when we were checking in, as if we were disturbing her. She was annoyed at our simple questions regarding the facilities and made my wife rather upset at the way she came across and spoke to us both. Although she didn't use rude language her tone was harsh and discourteous, not what you'd expect from a five star property. The rest of the stay fortunately was enjoyable and most often the rest of the staff were friendly and helpful and the service prompt, it’s just a shame about the one or two bad eggs.

2 Thank travelwise30
Wyndham_Grand_London, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2011
Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted that you liked the interior design in our refurbished lobby, restaurant and lounge. We truly value our highly personalised service, and believe it is what sets us apart from the competition; and therefore we were pleased to hear your comments regarding the door staff but concerned by your feedback about a member of the Reception team. Please rest assured we take customer care very seriously at the hotel and your comments have been discussed with our Front Office Manager for review. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Hotel suites/rooms, staff and amenities were fantastic. Great value.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Wyndham_GRM, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
Many thanks for your reviw of the Wyndham Grand London, I hope we have an early opportunity to welcome you back the hotel.
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I have never written a review before DURING my stay at any hotel . My husband and two daughters,aged 2 and 5 checked in this afternoon. From the second we stepped out of our cab the service has been absolutley 5star. From the doormen, to check in, to the standard of the suite, absolutley fantastic. location is great if you would like easy acesss to London's main attractions, yet a peaceful location. The staff also have all been exceptionally welcoming and friendly with our children. We have stayed at other Wyndham hotels whilst living in the US, but so far this is definatley the best. Top tip , I would recommend booking breakfast with your room. It works out much more cost effective. We didn't which was a mistake on my behalf. Overall a fantastic hotel, and a fantastic price considering suite size and true 5 star service. Mcmanus family.

• Stayed February 2011
Wyndham_Grand_London, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, we are thrilled that you and your family had a great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Beautiful spacious suite, with a great view of the river a night. Delicious food in their own restaurant. And great customer services throughout.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Wyndham_GRM, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The views across London from our River View Suites are very popular with our guests; you can see all the way down the Thames to the City of London on a clear day. Restaurant TwentyTen has a great seasonal menu using the finest ingredients locally sourced wherever possible. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Wyndham Grand London in the near future
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 12 February 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights on the way back to the States after a week in Southern England. We got a very good deal on Priceline by purchasing well in advance. The suite was roomy with a balcony and very nicely appointed. It's a little out of the way from Central London, which may or may not be a good thing depending on what you are looking for. It is about a six block walk to King's Road where there are good restaurants and nightlife. Absent the 24 pounds it cost for wireless internet in the room, we had a great experience there.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your comments on to the team here at the hotel. We are immensely proud of our suites, some of the most spacious in London. Our Chelsea Harbour location is perfect for guests wishing to take advantage of the fantastic shops and restaurant in the nearby King’s Road. Please rest assured our internet charges are in line with other 5 Star hotels in London. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Wyndham Grand London in the near future.
Norwich
Reviewed 7 February 2011

We stayed at the Wydham Grand to celebrate our Silver Wedding. The Hotel left a bottle of Champagne which was a lovely touch

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Wyndham_GRM, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
Congratulations on your Silver wedding anniversary once again. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us on such a special occasion. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Wyndham Grand London again in the near future.
US Expats
Reviewed 28 January 2011

We loved our stay at the Chelsea Harbor.
The area was new for us, but we found it convenient: direct bus lines take you to the center, and the hotel offers a courtesy limo that can take you to Harrods or Knightsbridge, for example.
A nice and diverse selection of restaurants (Megan, Chutney Mary etc) and interesting interior decorating stores are within easy walking distance.
The suites were beautiful, fresh and well appointed, the breakfast (expensive if not booked with the room) offered a nice selection and was served in the restaurant facing the harbour.
We will definitely try to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Wyndham_GRM, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on the Wyndham Grand London. We are incredibly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and pleased that you explored and experienced the surrounding area. Chelsea Harbour has a great deal to offer with its close proximity to the famous Kings Road. Our suites are some of the most spacious within London and were thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodation. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham Grand London in the near future.