“Have returned for London feeling refreshed because of this hotel”

The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
Ranked #135 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and son age 11 for 4 nights.
We found the accomodation to be of a very high and spacious standard, and the staff to be equally well trained and attentive. We will definitely be staying there again. The hotel was slightly outside the main areas, which I found really good because it gave us a sense of sanctuary, and we loved walking along Kings Road or bobbing on a bus. Everything including the food, concierge and reception and service was great.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Wyndham_Grand_London, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2011

Thank you for your comments we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you liked our Chelsea Harbour location, we receive a lot of feedback commenting on how calm it is being next to the marina but yet close to the buzz of the King’s Road. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed 25 February 2011

Firstly I would like to state that the hotel in general had exceeded my expectations. The foyer and style of the public areas from the bar to the lounge was exceptional. Probably one of the best styled hotels I have stayed in and in my line of work I usually attend a number of hotels around the world.
I had recently had time to spend in London with my wife as I travel a lot on business and chose to stay at the Wyndham hotel on this particular occasion.
My first impressions were of delight at the friendliness of the door staff upon my arrival, the problem was when I had to check in. there was an eastern European blonde tall lady receptionist who I hadn’t caught the name of, who was arguing quite loudly with staff near the concierge desk. She instantly gave both myself and my wife dirty looks and was abrupt, disrespectful and rude when we were checking in, as if we were disturbing her. She was annoyed at our simple questions regarding the facilities and made my wife rather upset at the way she came across and spoke to us both. Although she didn't use rude language her tone was harsh and discourteous, not what you'd expect from a five star property. The rest of the stay fortunately was enjoyable and most often the rest of the staff were friendly and helpful and the service prompt, it’s just a shame about the one or two bad eggs.

2  Thank travelwise30

Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted that you liked the interior design in our refurbished lobby, restaurant and lounge. We truly value our highly personalised service, and believe it is what sets us apart from the competition; and therefore we were pleased to hear your comments regarding the door staff but concerned by your feedback about a member of the Reception team. Please rest assured we take customer care very seriously at the hotel and your comments have been discussed with our Front Office Manager for review. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 February 2011

Hotel suites/rooms, staff and amenities were fantastic. Great value.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Wyndham_GRM, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2011

Many thanks for your reviw of the Wyndham Grand London, I hope we have an early opportunity to welcome you back the hotel.

Reviewed 18 February 2011

I have never written a review before DURING my stay at any hotel . My husband and two daughters,aged 2 and 5 checked in this afternoon. From the second we stepped out of our cab the service has been absolutley 5star. From the doormen, to check in, to the standard of the suite, absolutley fantastic. location is great if you would like easy acesss to London's main attractions, yet a peaceful location. The staff also have all been exceptionally welcoming and friendly with our children. We have stayed at other Wyndham hotels whilst living in the US, but so far this is definatley the best. Top tip , I would recommend booking breakfast with your room. It works out much more cost effective. We didn't which was a mistake on my behalf. Overall a fantastic hotel, and a fantastic price considering suite size and true 5 star service. Mcmanus family.

• Stayed: February 2011
Wyndham_Grand_London, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, we are thrilled that you and your family had a great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2011

Beautiful spacious suite, with a great view of the river a night. Delicious food in their own restaurant. And great customer services throughout.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Wyndham_GRM, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The views across London from our River View Suites are very popular with our guests; you can see all the way down the Thames to the City of London on a clear day. Restaurant TwentyTen has a great seasonal menu using the finest ingredients locally sourced wherever possible. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Wyndham Grand London in the near future

Reviewed 12 February 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights on the way back to the States after a week in Southern England. We got a very good deal on Priceline by purchasing well in advance. The suite was roomy with a balcony and very nicely appointed. It's a little out of the way from Central London, which may or may not be a good thing depending on what you are looking for. It is about a six block walk to King's Road where there are good restaurants and nightlife. Absent the 24 pounds it cost for wireless internet in the room, we had a great experience there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your comments on to the team here at the hotel. We are immensely proud of our suites, some of the most spacious in London. Our Chelsea Harbour location is perfect for guests wishing to take advantage of the fantastic shops and restaurant in the nearby King’s Road. Please rest assured our internet charges are in line with other 5 Star hotels in London. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Wyndham Grand London in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2011

We stayed at the Wydham Grand to celebrate our Silver Wedding. The Hotel left a bottle of Champagne which was a lovely touch

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Wyndham_GRM, Guest Relations Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Congratulations on your Silver wedding anniversary once again. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us on such a special occasion. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Wyndham Grand London again in the near future.