“New Years Eve”
Review of Durrants Hotel

Durrants Hotel
Ranked #558 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Loved the hotel - loved the staff - loved the whole experience - look forward to going back. Thanks to everyone who made our stay so enjoyable - quite pricey but worth it - I am saving for next stay already.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dassalin

Reviewed 25 January 2014

stayed for 3 nights at durrants hotel, when I arrived although I had pre paid the total amount for the stay I was asked for a further £150 for "cover" in case I ate there etc, I refused to pay & after some debate they agreed.
the room although decked with designer shower gel, shampoo & surplus cushions, had no tea making facilities which is basic in any hotel todaybook! & a definite no no in my , the shower dribbled out & after 20 mins it peaked at luke warm but had an immovable head so I could nt actually stand under it.
the bed was so uncomfortable I had 3 bad nights
the staff were adequate but distant.............the all over view for me was dull & a bit depressing & certainly would never stay there again

max glasgow

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I've stayed here a few times when getting a good rate and always come away wishing that I could be let loose on turning the place round. It looks lovely - planting, lighting etc outside and the lovely old world 'club' feel inside - its in a great location BUT it just could be so much better. Despite asking for a room near to the lift, because of walking difficulties, and knowing that the hotel was 'quiet', I was in a room that meant meandering down corridors, through doors etc and then on my own the next day, got completely lost! My room was minute - probably the smallest room I've ever had. It was supposed to be a double but thank goodness it was just me - the bed was only accessible one side as it was pushed up to the wall. Why not 'delight' me by putting me in a larger room to showcase the best of what the have? I'm sure this hotel has faithful customers that like the old style of the place but my sense is that with some investment there would be a much better customer experience and people would return more willingly.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank oldrectorycottage
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The hotel was recommended to us by friends who stay here often. When I called to book I was offered a 20 % discount if I paid in full for the 6 day stay. So I did. Upon arrival we were given a
very small room and so little storage that we had to live out of our suitcases. When I asked about a larger room it was possible for a £50 supplement bringing my nightly charge to £290. Imagine my irritation when I looked online and saw their last minute rates were £135! The front desk staff recite rules by rote, no family run courtesy here. I was not asking for the cheaper rate just a room where my husband and I can unpack. No can do is the attitude here.
No coffee tray or mini bar, no ironing board or iron and very little storage. Ok for a night but not longer.

Room Tip: Avoid the prepay deals. The percentage discount is off their rack rate which is their highest rate s...
Reviewed 4 January 2014

ok, the good.....location great, staff friendly, old world feel of lounge/games rooms around hotel and real fire in bar all good. Now for the rest. For the money the hotel was poor and with some basics missing. On arrival told I had an upgrade to a newly refurbished room, well if I did it was just as well. Room was small, adequate, comfortable bed, noisy from room above and the street noise significant oh and light coming in from under door that could have lit a football pitch. No iron or even tea/coffee making facilities in room. No shoe shiner in corridors. The hotel was clean and the bars were nice but very very small. Ate in bar one night and what I got was ok but very small. Price of food seemed ok. All in all it was ok but I wouldn't go back or recommend

hint
Round corner is place called 'No10' with best smoking facilities for cigar smokers I have seen in London in a while. Also very large humidor with large stock of the best Havanas

1  Thank TheGreenTravelogue
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I cannot believe how poor the service was in the hotel.
Problems with the check in - room cancelled when we arrived through their mistake. Given a tiny room which was quickly changed.
Asked to borrow a fork to eat a salad - told we would be charged £2.50!!!
Room was quite nice, comfortable bed, very squeaky floors, no kettle, no fridge, peeling wallpaper.
The one concierge was very rude to me and when I commented to him about it...from that point on he completely ignored me...a very strange place.
I cannot recommend this hotel as it seems to be all about making as much money from tourists as possible.
Very disappointing...

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wonderer72
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at Durrants in 2010 and liked it so much that we stayed again but only for one night this time as it was a stop over and it was just as lovely. Breakfast is wonderful and they were able to cater for my gluten free diet. It is walking distance to some nice restaurants and pubs and also to oxford street. Taxis stop at the door. We would deffinatly stay again next time we are in London

Room Tip: Ask for a large room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple