Durrants Hotel
US$302
US$276
Hilton
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$199
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$216
  • Breakfast included
US$277
US$229
US$242
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$131
US$258
US$234
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$169
US$479
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmarylebone high streetwallace collectionmanchester squareold english charmmarylebone areaenglish hoteltraditional hotelno tea coffee making facilitiescharming hotelbond streetwest endonly stayed one nightthird floorsingle roomlondon hotelfull englishsmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've been staying at Durrants for thirty years and it only gets better. The rooms are small but comfortable and the location is perfect. You can get anything you need on the Marylebone High Street. The staff are friendly and service is reliable. Breakfasts are great and the restaurant serves good English food.

Room Tip: If you've booked a single room, see if they can upgrade you to a double. You will appreciate the extra space.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kjcolvard
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed here twice in the last month and will return. However, some people may find the quirks irritating. The good bits: nice staff, very friendly and attentive. Location is excellent for the West End. The restaurant is good too. Last time we had an excellent carvery service. As ever with hotels, breakfast is very expensive compared to local cafés - many and good. We eat out.

The quirks: rooms can be very cramped. We up-graded the first time. The room was then bigger, but noisy from the road. Our second room had a view to a wall, but was quiet. Our second shower was laughable. No pressure. A dribble. Safes are hard to get at and swing open unless locked. Irritating every time the wardrobe door is opened.

One big service let- down: we ordered tea and coffee one morning (07.15). I called reception and was put through to the dining room. No answer. I called back to reception and was asked to try again later! I suggested that our order could written down and taken to the dining room. That was too hard so I was put through to the concierge. He managed to complete the task. No biscuits!

Room Tip: Internal rooms are quieter. Upgrade for space. Room 107 shower should be avoided.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Perfect check in, bed turn down offered by the maids at around 8pm.
Room was sparkling clean, decor lovely, everything functional
At £190 for a nights stay it was expensive, but not for the area, and I chose the area due to a Breakfast meeting at 8am the following day.
The single room was however very small,...........but functional, and fine for one nights stay. If you were staying more than one night I am not sure what you would do with your luggage in room 224!
I had intended to have room service, but when I discovered that you had to ring down to even get the menu I decided I couldnt be bothered. I could have a coffee instead right? No, no kettle, but there was a tiny token bottle of mineral water in the bathroom. So I had an early night
The room was quiet, the bedside clock annoying with its 'ticking' (yes I know that this is what clocks do!!) particularly as the room was so small you couldnt move it to somewhere you couldnt hear it
Nice range of channels on the TV - and free and easy Wifi (yeah!!)
Nice range of toiletries - toilet paper cheap, towels okay,
The single bed was the size of a childs bed, in fact the whole experience was akin to staying in achilds room - but it was lovely.
I can comment on the Breakfast which came with the room, I never found the 'breakfast room' but its not a problem - but be warned the whole place is a bit of a rabbit warren, by the time I was delivered to my room I did wonder if I would ever find my way out again
I wouldn't hesitate to stay again should the circumstances present themselves, and I can get it for a decent price...........might pack a kettle though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Melanie C
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is not the first time I have stayed here, sometimes for business sometimes for pleasure. It is probably my favourite London hotel. The position - just off the small shops and cafes of stylish Marylebone High Street - is ideal, whether for access to most central London venues or wandering locally to sit in Marylebone Church (where Byron was christened) or in its gardens, having stocked up with books in Daunts bookshop, or to eat many excellent small restaurants - or to visit the fine Wallace Collection, Wigmore Hall, or, simply, and infinitely, to shop.
The hotel is a very attractive building; traditional, with character, immaculate and peaceful with various rooms and corners for reading, meeting, or having coffee. This was my first time in a newly restored 3rd floor room. I booked late and had to have a pricier room (there are singles; good for business travellers) but it was a wonderfully silent, wonderfully comfortable, spacious room, if with a slight lingering aroma of paint. Travelling alone I do sometimes wish they had biscuits and tea in the room - rather than having the palaver of room service and, at that price, bath products a bit basic!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel is in a cozy and authentic english building.
Everything inside looks warm and traditionally english, from the beautiful wooden furniture, to the original flooring and ceiling.
On the ground floor a beautiful wooden stair welcomes the visitor.
Then several living rooms one of the other, from living rooms with comfy sofa and fireplace where you can read a book or play chest, to sumptuos 20 seats dining rooms, to little corners with cookies and sweets available for guests.
The rooms are different. Try to ask for a new room.
The route to the rooms is nice, inside this beautiful building with little corridors nicely furnished and cozy corners with beautiful furnitures and paintings.
Rooms are not huge but clean with tasty decors. Bed is big and comfortable and the bathroom is modern and elegant.
In my rate was also included breakfast, which I would recommend.
Is served in a beautiful wooden boiserie room. You can pick a selection of pastries, corn flakes, bread and jam or selection of eggs and sausage at your choice.
In case breakfast is not included, round the corner there are several places for quick coffee or for a more relaxed brekkie like Paul's.
The hotel is in a perfect location. At walking distance from Selfridges and Oxford Street, is in a nice neighbourhood full of nice restaurants, pubs and stores..
definitely a must if you stay in London and want taste the authentic english style hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for renewed rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business