Hazlitt's
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshonesty barfour poster bedsoho squareantique furnitureroll top bathhotel catsloping floorsronnie scott's jazz clubhonor barbreakfast in bedboutique hotelbacon sandwichmod constea traybreakfast is servedwonderful hotelyour doorstep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I just love this hotel. Love the location, love the quaintness... just love it. My London favourite. Shower in my bathroom was dripping and noisy and they moved me quickly and without a problem. Just love this hotel. A bit pricey for just a hotel with bedrooms but they're great bedrooms. Getting a taxi to the door is a hassle.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I picked Hazlitt's as a first night surprise for my new wife. We wanted to stay somewhere with real history and character and the hotel certainly has bucketfuls of both. We both loved the creaky floorboards and wonky stairs and the bed in the room was gorgeous! We stayed in the Jonathan Swift room which was painted in a sumptuous dark grey with a porttrait of the author looming over us! In the morning we were served breakfast in bed which was delicious and we were stuffed afterwards! The shower in the bathroom was incredible - the head was almost a foot across and rained water down on you. The combination of the luxurious rooms, the delicious breakfast and the Soho location made this the perfect choice to round off our central London wedding.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jon_and_Steffi
Reviewed 5 February 2010

I've stayed at Hazlitt's a couple of times now. It's superb - great rooms, friendly staff, brilliant location. Hardly like a hotel at all.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank daytripper14
Reviewed 1 February 2010

If you insist that all your bathroom fittings be modern and your floors perfectly level, then Hazlitt's might not be the best fit for you; if however, you are looking for a charming hotel with great period furnishings and cozy rooms with tons of character, I highly recommend you stay here.
Right in the heart of Soho, Hazlitt's provides easy access to restaurants, pubs, shopping and nightlife. Each room is individually decorated and named after one of the former residents of the original boarding house that stood on the site, so depending on which room you get you might be treated to an enormous claw-foot tub, an intricately carved wooden headboard, or exposed ceiling beams. As it is a historic home, your floor might slope up or down, and the doors may not be perfectly level, but despite these quirks Hazlitt's still delivers a very comfortable guest experience. On the ground floor there is a library and a conference room, as well as a fully-stocked "honesty bar" that one can help themselves to at anytime.
The staff are friendly and accommodating, and the Dog & Duck pub across the road is not to be missed!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank BrushIsland
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I just got back from a two-day stay at Hazlitts and my third time staying in the hotel. Hazlitts is a hidden trasure in London. The hotel has unique character - a quirky staircase, boutique feel, antique bathroom pulls, and victorian-era furniture. Alhough I've previously stayed in a single room, I stayed in a deluxe double this trip. I find the rooms at Hazlitts to be large by London standards. The hotel is ideally located off of Soho Square. Despite it's close proximity to Soho, I have always found the hotel to be rather quiet. The staff is very attentive and accomodating. In addition, the hotel (following it's traditions) is a haven for authors and has a collection of first-edition signed books in it's reading room. I will continue to stay at Hazlitts on future trips to London.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple