“The best hotel decision in London for a long time!”
Review of Hendon Hall Hotel

Hendon Hall Hotel
Ranked #445 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I have been looking for a business hotel just off the M1 and this gem more than matched my requirements. The staff are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble, easy to get to, lots of secure free parking an old georgian gem on the outskirts of London so easy commute either by car or tube.

Whilst a bit dated in parts, it retains all the character of the original building - the restaurant food is excellent.

This is the best business hotel decision I have made for a long time and will be my regular haunt in 2012.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
3  Thank Yvonne043
MMoffatt, General Manager at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review, I was delighted to read that we are your hotel for 2012; I look forward to welcoming you back soon. The hotel is so well located and access to the M1 could not be any easier, although still nice and quiet. Kind regards Matthew Moffatt

There are newer reviews for Hendon Hall Hotel

Reviewed 26 December 2011

After finishing up a work stint in London and went to this hotel with my colleague where we booked a twin room but given a double room. The rooms looked good but it was quite annoying to see a double bed instead of twin which we booked days in advance.

We complained in the reception after checkin at 6pm and went out for dinner, they promised that they will make it as twin beds. When we came back around 12 midnight we were furious to go and see the double bed in the room. Went back to reception with anger and complained about the room, it was not the same what we booked and requested to change in to twin beds after checkin.

Thanks to Badri at reception at that time he was so kind and apologised on behalf of his colleagues and promised to change the room. They changed into twin beds for us in few mins which could have been done earlier at-least after our checkin. All in all the hotel is good with some good staff who can help you even at the night time. Might have been a better stay if we were taken extra care before hand.

1  Thank TJ363
MMoffatt, General Manager at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Thank you for your recent review with regards to your stay here at the hotel, I was extremely sorry to read about the incorrect room allocation, this should have been sorted out prior to you arriving. I was of course delighted to understand that Badri was able to resolve the situation; I have passed on your comments to him. I was pleased to read that all the staff you meet were pleasant and am glad that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. Kind regards Matthew Moffatt

Reviewed 14 December 2011

We came to Hendon hotel for a peaceful relaxing evening before a day of Christmas shopping in London, a treat for me after finishing a Masters degree. The member of staff at check in was friendly and welcoming. Our room was in the corner of the fourth floor, the corridor smelt of a tray of finished room service that had been left opposite our room. The room was freezing and took a couple of hours to warm up. There was only one towel in the bathroom so we had to go down and ask for another. The shower was a fairly traumatic experience, going from cold to burning hot and losing and gaining power... every few seconds it would turn to a drizzle then suddenly come back at full power and burn you!

We had a three course dinner and champagne included in our package but we found the menu we had to choose from very limited so asked to have the £25 to spend on options from the a la carte menu instead which they agreed to. I chose the Beef Wellington which I expected to be something special priced at £24.50. I was extremely disappointed, the beef was tough and chewy and of extremely poor quality and I left most of it. There were no vegetables served with it apart from a few mushrooms around the edge. My boyfriends meal was of better quality but an extremely small portion. It's lucky we got lots of bread! When I told the waitress about the beef she said she would speak to the chef but never came back to me.....

The next morning we were woken early by animals in the wall/roof of the building - it sounded like rats gnawing at things in the walls? It was very loud and we could not go back to sleep. Someone in the next room then started using the shower and we could hear absolutely everything. I know it is an old building but when you convert an old building into a hotel you need to think of these things! So much so our peaceful relaxing night..... When we arrived at the hotel we were strongly encouraged to order room service breakfast to reduce pressure on the dining room as the hotel was busy. Since we had not anticipated being woken so early we did not order this to be delivered until 9.30 so we sat waiting for it for hours. When it did arrive it was very nice but by this time we were ready to leave!

On check out we explained the problems we had had and the receptionist took a coffee off the bill, not a great apology for a spoilt treat and we will not be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nomadannie82
MMoffatt, General Manager at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2011

Thank you for your recent review of your stay here at the hotel; I am of course extremely sorry to read that your stay was far from enjoyable. I would ask if you could contact me directly via my email mmoffatt@handpicked.co.uk and would like to have the opportunity to discuss further your whole stay. My sincere apologies and I look forward to hearing from you shortly. Regards Matthew Moffatt General Manager

Reviewed 8 December 2011

Eleven of us had our company Christmas party at Hendon Hall Hotel and had a great time. We stayed over and everything ran smoothly. The hotel staff were very polite and helpful, the inside of the hotel is really lovely and the function room we had, the Johnson room, was perfect for what we wanted. Yes, outside it is an urban area, but what would you expect in London. Our room was brilliant and very comfortable. We had a great evening meal and a great breakfast. The receptionist was particularly helpful. Happy to recommend.

2  Thank Skarloc75

Thank you for your recent review I was delighted to understand that your Christmas party went so well, the Johnson room is ideal for small dinner parties. Am pleased that your stay was enjoyable and the reception team made you all welcome. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Regards Matthew Moffatt General Manager

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Although the property itself is beautiful, it was the courtesy and warmth of the staff that made our stay at Hendon Hall so memorable, in partiular, thank you to Steven for your tips and of course, great conversation.

For a price of 161 GBP, my sister and I had a beautiful twin room, with comfortable beds and bath as accommodation (see photos) and a wonderful 3-course dinner and full English breakfast. Additionally, we were given a complimentary plate of chocolates and champagne with raspberries, which were brought to our room. This was such a nice gesture.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank nammyohorengekyo

Thank you very much for your recent review and your positive comments about the staff here at the hotel; I have passed this on to the team who were delighted to read your review. I have spoken personally to Steve, who was of course very pleased to hear that your mentioned him, it is great for staff to be recognised for the service they provide. Many thanks for your comments and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards Matthew Moffatt General Manager

Reviewed 14 November 2011

This hotel really is a peaceful haven with great links to the main roads. The hotel exterior is beautiful, the car park is in open air and well lit with ample (free!) parking. Check-inn was quick and efficent. The room was well decorated and generally very clean, although the windows could do with a bit of a clean and a paint job, and the bed sheets had an old stain on them. Even the basic rooms come with excellent amenities, the bed was the most comfortable I've been in for ages! Even with both windows open there was no road noise at all (there is individual AC control if you want the windows closed.) I was on the top floor in a corner room, and in the morning I could hear some birds scuffling around in the attic above my room, but I guess that is to be expected in a building of this age.

The communal areas are well decorated and the hotel is very peaceful and relaxing, I love the old record player and selection of vinyls in the hallway, nice touch!

Breakfast was also fantastic, the staff were amazing, especially the duty manager, she was very welcoming and polite, the service she delivered was attentive without being intrustive. The breakfast room was very quiet and peaceful, the coffee tasted better than any Starbucks I've had, the buffet well stocked and eggs benedict I ordered off the menu was delicious.

The staff in this hotel were the real winner for me, they seemed to have a lot of pride in what they do and it really shows, every member of staff greated me in the hallways and the duty manager seemed very keen to get feedback. I stay in hotels regulary and it really does make all the difference when the staff go that extra mile.

I've given an overall of 4 stars, the 1 star was lost due to the minor cleanliness issues.

I would definately stay at this hotel again.

Adam

SPG Gold
Accor Gold

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank AdsGoFaster
MMoffatt, General Manager at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you very much for your recent review that I have read and have shared with the team here at the hotel. The free car park is a great benefit; I am pleased you were able to use it. The rooms are all well appointed however I did note your comment on the cleanliness of the windows, this will be reviewed with the window cleaning company. Breakfast is such an important meal I am glad you enjoyed both the quality of the food and also the service. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future. Kind regards Matthew Moffatt General Manager

Reviewed 11 November 2011

What a Great Place to stay.
A little Oasis of Calm in the middle of the concrete jungle known as London.
A welcome respite from the hurly-burly.
Reasonably Priced and what is more ......... Free Parking and plenty of it. Unlike many other London Hotels that rip you off for parking.
Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rpjmLeeds

Thank you very much for your recent review I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. The free car park is a great benefit; the cost of parking is extremely high I was delighted that you were able to enjoy the benefit. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Regards Matthew Moffatt General Manager