“Lovely overnight stay”
Review of Hendon Hall Hotel

Hendon Hall Hotel
Ranked #463 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is really lovely. We used it for an overnight stay and were not disappointed. The rooms are very comfortable with lovely fluffy white towels in the bathroom. We were on a bed and breakfast basis and again we're not disappointed when we went for breakfast which was buffet style unless you wanted cooked which you ordered. There was everything from fresh fruit, cereals, toast and pastries. Would we stay there again? I should say so.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

We were delighted that you chose us for your recent overnight stay in London and so pleased that we were able to not only meet but exceed your expectations as the comfort and enjoyment of our guests is of utmost importance to us. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed the past 7 days at this establishment on a recent visit to London. My main motivation of staying here was the fact that it offered free parking. Quite rare for London. I was pleasantly surprised how lovely the setting was, friendly the staff were and in general how well run a boutique style hotel it was. The rooms were also very generous in size , modern and well cared for. I would no question rate this as a fantastic stay and would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. I will return. Well done Hendon Hall!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the write such a lovely review. We were delighted that you chose to stay with us for the week and it is fabulous to know that all the little extras we provide like the free parking, complimentary wifi and breakfast make all the difference. Thank you also for recommending the hotel to your family and friends and we all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked via Booking.com a double room with one gluten free breakfast and one normal.
On arrival only a single room was allocated and no record of the gluten free requirements.
A double room was found and we were taken up to the room but it was still allocated!
We had to wait about half an hour fro another room/s to be offered.
The room we chose was still being cleaned (we knew about this but it was the larger of the two rooms).
The carpet didn't fit properly around the bathroom door and the carpet was tired and somewhat dirty in the general lounge areas.
Overall, a nice looking hotel with history let down by poor communication and a general feeling of "tiredness"

Room Tip: Ask for a large room, it is still on the small size but just about large enough.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I was naturally very disappointed to read your review but wanted to thank you for taking the time to bring to our attention the points your raised. This is certainly not the service that we strive to provide here at Hendon Hall and I have taken the time to carry out a full investigation into what happened and following this we have put in additional procedures to ensure this does not happen again. I do hope that you will return to Hendon Hall in the future so that we can show you that this is not our normal service standards and please do contact me on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk so that I can personally look after your reservation for you. We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

i stayed here recently with some colleagues from work and we were well impressed with the hotel. the room was nice and clean (but warm at night so needed the a/c on), the breakfast was excellent each morning but the best thing about the hotel were the friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It is always fabulous to hear when our guests enjoy the hotel and all the work we have been doing at Breakfast has resulted in such a positive review. I am delighted that you found all the staff to be so friendly and helpful as your comfort and enjoyment is of utmost importance to us. I look forward to welcoming you back and please do contact me if I can assist you in anyway on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights at Hendon Hall while visting Wembley for the Boxing on May 31st. We chose Hendon for its proximity to Wembley while being just 20 minutes from Central London on the Northern Line tube. This is the third Handpicked Hotel we have stayed in and once again we were not disappointed. We arrived at 11am but check in wasn't until 14.30. The staff were very welcoming and the receptionist even offered to ring housekeeping to see if they could get our room ready earlier. We advised there was no hurry and it was no problem to leave our bags with reception so we could go and check out the local area.

Our standard room was lovely, albeit a bit small but this tends to be the norm in London anyway. The furniture was inkeeping with the style of the other handpicked hotels we have used previously, good quality but more traditional than some other hotel chains. The bed was really comfortable and the shower was amazing with a massage function - I could have stayed in there for hours!

The food was wonderful - we stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and there was a great selection of continental and cooked dishes. I particularly enjoyed the fresh baked bread and the lavendar honey, but all of the options I tried were delicious. We had dinner on the first night of our stay - we found the food a little pricey, but of a very high standard - they offered a la carte menu and also a set menu with a select number of options - 2 courses for £30 or 3 courses for £37. My husband went for the 3 course option, but I tend to be conservative where food is concerned and couldn't find anything which suited my taste. This wasn't a problem for the staff who then brought in the bar menu for me to choose from. I went for Fish & Chips which was great value at £12.50 and delicious!

The hotel is very well maintained with well tended gardens. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return if visiting North London again. Keep up the good work Handpicked!

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the beautiful gardens.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I was absolutely delighted to read your recent review and thank you for taking the time to do so and for also recommending us. We are very proud at Hendon Hall to be a Hand Picked Hotel and it is always fabulous to read when our guests choose to stay in more than one of the hotels and become part of our family. We were all so pleased to help make your stay here so enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London. If I can help with anything in the meantime please do contact me on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is without doubt one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. From check in to check out every member of staff made our stay memorable. I would highly recommend staying on a Dinner Bed and Breakfast package as the quality of food and service is second to none, I especially enjoyed the Eggs Benedict at Breakfast. Cannot wait to go back, location wise it is a good 20 minute walk to Hendon Central Tube but it is only £5.00 in a Taxi if you dont feel like walking. Parking at the hotel is free and there are ample spaces available. In the public areas there are free papers available, free apples in reception. Another nice touch was the tea, coffee etc.. was topped up before bed, and the bed was turned down ready with a lovely message/poem left on the pillow, all these little things just enhanced the experience. Cannot recommend highly enough and will definitly be going again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Craig T

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review. It is always wonderful to read when we not only meet but exceed expectation as the comfort and enjoyment of our guest is of utmost importance to us. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and found all the little touches we provide created that little extra. We all look forward to welcoming you back and please do hesitate to contact me if I can help with anything on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Treated my daughter to afternoon tea this afternoon. A nice selection of sandwiches and lovely cakes.
Nice selection of teas, served in individual pots (managed to get a least three cups out of each) loved the little egg timers so you knew when they were ready. We were served by Joshua who was attentive without being intrusive and very helpful, he even suggested a particularly nice tea that I wouldn't have considered.
Lovely dining room not too busy some other guests were having lunch and the food looked lovely will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you bringing your daughter to tea at Hendon Hall. We were all delighted that you enjoyed the experience and that Josh was able to look after you so well. It is fabulous to read that you will be returning to our Garrick restaurant and please do not hesitate to contact me when you are returning on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk or if you need any assistance in the meantime.