Hendon Hall Hotel
US$256
US$233
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$588
US$491
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$292
Orbitz.com
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshuttle buslovely hotelbrent crossshuttle servicecooked breakfastexecutive roomnorthern linefull englishafternoon teatube stationstayed for two nightsbreakfast was excellentreception staffvery pleasant staygood nights sleepweddinggarrick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have stayed here a few times in the last few years and the service has declined dramatically. On check in we were initially ignored and then the word "name?" was bellowed at us by one of the reception staff! no pleasant greetings received, good morning, hello, welcome to the hotel etc. we were booked in, almost as if we were an annoyance to the staff working there, very few smiles and no verbal welcome at all! we were misinformed about the room service breakfast availability, which we only discovered later in the evening when trying to plan the morning. we ordered room service breakfast which attracted a £3.00 charge and it arrived late, after a phone call to complain and when it arrived, no apology or reason for lateness, items were missing from order! when we arrived in the room the tea and coffee tray has only two little uht pots of milk?? so I immediately had to ring reception for more, no reply from two calls and I had to leave this until later in the day. the quality of the food I would say is very good. the room was lovely, clean and spacious and smart. the building is stunning and plenty of car parking. we also ate in the bar area in the afternoon and the food was very nice, but we had to wait around to pay as no one was in the bar area to serve us? our stay here this time was in stark contrast to previous stays and I have already reviewed this hotel in November 2013. it is very interesting to read from other tripadvisor users here that there are similar comments around staff service and attitudes, I really feel that the customer service side of the business here has really lets this hotel down. we are very likely to be staying in this area in the future on business and for many years to come but we will seek alternative options after this stay. the cost for a one nights stay in this hotel is not representative of the even a basic level of service that we would expect. very disappointed....

Room Tip: we have always been allocated a great room on staying in this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LawrenceEdward
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us here at Hendon Hall. Naturally I was very disappointed to read your review and wanted to assure you of my immediate attention to it. I would be delighted to discuss this further with you and would kindly ask that you contact me on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk as this is certainly not the normal level of service that we pride ourselves of here at Hendon Hall

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel to attend a meeting in Wood Green about 15 minutes drive away depending on the traffic. The building and its surroundings are impressive though it needs a bit of a" facelift". On arrival, we were greeted by a rather miserable receptionist, she wasn't rude or anything but not welcoming but saying that she checked us in alright without incident.
We had a room suitable for wheelchair users with a garden view which was nice. The room itself was clean and comfortable, the bathroom was big and clean but basic with a massive door, although saying that it was perhaps made like that for easy access for wheelchairs to freely move in and out. The bathroom needs a bit of improvement apart from that it was ok.

The real charmers were the restaurant staff, very helpful and polite, the food was delicious and looked freshly prepared. The restaurant and the bar areas are both nice but the carpets need replacing especially in the restaurant as it cheapens the place, from otherwise a majestic building. I had the opportunity to use the visitors washroom off the main reception upstairs and it was beautiful and clean, in fact if they could get all their bathrooms to look and feel like that, it would be great.

The gardens are beautiful and well kept and would be lovely to sit outside with a drink or have an afternoon tea.

After all this, yes it is a nice hotel that I will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review of the hotel. I was delighted that you found the entire restaurant team to be so charming and the food delicious. I am sorry that you were not greeted in the friendly manner upon check in as this is certainly not our normal standard of service. Hendon Hall certainly is a beautiful building and we are very proud to be its keepers and are continually working on maintaining it as you will have noticed from the painting work we are currently undertaking in the Public Areas. However I would like to thank you for your comments as the opinion of our guests is very important to us and we always try to act on all comments received. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk if I can be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

i attended a wedding recently and just wanted to let you know your bar lady frankie was brilliant. its so nice to have someone with a friendly face that makes the effort to talk to you and make your night even better. lovely girl and just because of her i'll be recommending your hotel to friends and family

Room Tip: i didnt stay the night i just attended the wedding but the hotel is lovely and location is great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank steven g
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and I was delighted to read that Frankie had made such an impression and through her we were not only able to meet but exceed your expectations. I would also like to thank you for recommending the hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

What a nice Hotel, very friendly staff and cleanliness was excellent. Good car parking always a benefit in London.
Breakfast was first class, first class service with top quality food. Staff very attentive
To think that the England 1966 World Cup Squad were based here gives it that modern day historic edge over other establishments out of central London

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review following your recent stay at Hendon Hall. We were all delighted to help make your visit to London a memorable one and it is always fabulous to read when all the little extras like the free parking and our a la carte breakfast make such a difference. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do contact me on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk if I can be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked the Sheridan Room for a private party for our silver wedding. We had the private party package of drinks, meal and wine and coffee. The room was beautiful, the service excellent, the food top quality. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who made our day really great. I felt transported to a different world for a few hours and would highly recommend for an occasion of this type.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LondonDiT

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review. We were delighted to be your chosen venue to celebrate your silver wedding anniversary and I am so pleased that we were all able to play our part in making the day such a success. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk if I can help with anything in the meantime.