“Lovely!!”

Ranked #434 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

From arrival, where rather uninspiring neighbourhood turns into a lovely building, through to absolutely lovely garden, with attentive service, it is an oasis. The building itself is really interesting and full of character and the beds are really comfortable and spacious.
To top off the stay, eggs Benedict for breakfast were the best I had in a very very long time.
Just lovely!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your stay with us at Hendon Hall. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to turn around your initial opinion of our neighbourhood. It was fabulous to read that you found our beds so comfortable and the eggs Benedict the next morning so delicious. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hall in the near future but if I can be of asssistance to you please do not to hesitate to contact me on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have just stayed for a night with our children. We loved the feel of the hotel and the children felt very much at home playing the great garden games whilst we had lunch outside. Breakfast is served in a very welcoming room with a good choice of continental breakfast and delicious hot breakfasts suiting all of us. We were looked after very well by Guy during out stay. We also visited the RAF museum nearby which was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review and we were all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is fabulous to read that your children enjoyed sunshine in the garden and also got to play with the games we provide outside, whilst you enjoyed lunch. I know that Guy was delighted to help make your stay so memorable and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help to you on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk
Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here with some concern having read some of the recent reviews but this hotel is definitely worth a visit and I will be recommending it to all my family and friends. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with a smile - Paul on reception polite, friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. Our room was clean, functional and the beds the best I have slept in for a long time. Breakfast the next morning delicious and Maude a true delight - nothing too much trouble. In fact everyone we met was friendly, professional and couldn't do more for us. We sat in the garden for lunch with our grandchildren who played with the games provided whilst we ate. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of Hendon Hall following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that we were able to look after you so well and so pleased that the entire family was able to enjoy the Hall. It was fabulous to see your grandchildren playing in our garden and the games used. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any assistance on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have just returned from a long weekend and break at the Hotel. As it was the only room available, booking at the last minute, we stayed in a Junior Suite, but think that the extra cost was well worth it. Despite what some others have said in reviews we can only say that we found all the staff to be excellent, not only at the front desk, but also at the Restaurant (we only ate breakfast there) and also those who drove the Courtesy Bus even including the cleaning staff. When we phoned down to Reception with any query or request is was dealt with immediately and graciously. Breakfast was very nice. It was help yourself to cereal or various types of breads and also porridge/hot breakfast prepared. We would be more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review of Hendon Hall following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were not only able to meet but exceed your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me bgunn@handpicked.co.uk should you need anything in the meantime.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel as i had got married. I had picked it as it looked good in the photos. I was not disappointed. The georgian features have been kept and give an finess to the hotel. We have many beautiful pictures of my wife in her dress around the hotel. The staff were wonderful and nothing was too much for them, even directing people to my fiancees room as she prepared. As a prank our family trashed the bathroom but the hotel were more than happy to clear up the mess. The breakfast was wonderful and they prepare it to order so it is how you like it. Would definately stay there again, maybe for our anniversary next year. Thank you to all the staff for a lovely stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review and I am delighted that you chose Hendon Hall as your venue for your recent wedding. It was an absolute pleasure to welcome both families and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and please do contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have stayed here a few times in the last few years and the service has declined dramatically. On check in we were initially ignored and then the word "name?" was bellowed at us by one of the reception staff! no pleasant greetings received, good morning, hello, welcome to the hotel etc. we were booked in, almost as if we were an annoyance to the staff working there, very few smiles and no verbal welcome at all! we were misinformed about the room service breakfast availability, which we only discovered later in the evening when trying to plan the morning. we ordered room service breakfast which attracted a £3.00 charge and it arrived late, after a phone call to complain and when it arrived, no apology or reason for lateness, items were missing from order! when we arrived in the room the tea and coffee tray has only two little uht pots of milk?? so I immediately had to ring reception for more, no reply from two calls and I had to leave this until later in the day. the quality of the food I would say is very good. the room was lovely, clean and spacious and smart. the building is stunning and plenty of car parking. we also ate in the bar area in the afternoon and the food was very nice, but we had to wait around to pay as no one was in the bar area to serve us? our stay here this time was in stark contrast to previous stays and I have already reviewed this hotel in November 2013. it is very interesting to read from other tripadvisor users here that there are similar comments around staff service and attitudes, I really feel that the customer service side of the business here has really lets this hotel down. we are very likely to be staying in this area in the future on business and for many years to come but we will seek alternative options after this stay. the cost for a one nights stay in this hotel is not representative of the even a basic level of service that we would expect. very disappointed....

Room Tip: we have always been allocated a great room on staying in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LawrenceEdward
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us here at Hendon Hall. Naturally I was very disappointed to read your review and wanted to assure you of my immediate attention to it. I would be delighted to discuss this further with you and would kindly ask that you contact me on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk as this is certainly not the normal level of service that we pride ourselves of here at Hendon Hall
Leicester, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel to attend a meeting in Wood Green about 15 minutes drive away depending on the traffic. The building and its surroundings are impressive though it needs a bit of a" facelift". On arrival, we were greeted by a rather miserable receptionist, she wasn't rude or anything but not welcoming but saying that she checked us in alright without incident.
We had a room suitable for wheelchair users with a garden view which was nice. The room itself was clean and comfortable, the bathroom was big and clean but basic with a massive door, although saying that it was perhaps made like that for easy access for wheelchairs to freely move in and out. The bathroom needs a bit of improvement apart from that it was ok.

The real charmers were the restaurant staff, very helpful and polite, the food was delicious and looked freshly prepared. The restaurant and the bar areas are both nice but the carpets need replacing especially in the restaurant as it cheapens the place, from otherwise a majestic building. I had the opportunity to use the visitors washroom off the main reception upstairs and it was beautiful and clean, in fact if they could get all their bathrooms to look and feel like that, it would be great.

The gardens are beautiful and well kept and would be lovely to sit outside with a drink or have an afternoon tea.

After all this, yes it is a nice hotel that I will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Beccy G, Management at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review of the hotel. I was delighted that you found the entire restaurant team to be so charming and the food delicious. I am sorry that you were not greeted in the friendly manner upon check in as this is certainly not our normal standard of service. Hendon Hall certainly is a beautiful building and we are very proud to be its keepers and are continually working on maintaining it as you will have noticed from the painting work we are currently undertaking in the Public Areas. However I would like to thank you for your comments as the opinion of our guests is very important to us and we always try to act on all comments received. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me on bgunn@handpicked.co.uk if I can be of any assistance to you.