Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,419 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have recently returned from a 3 night stay in London and actually feel the need to comment on this hotel. My room was on the 8th floor and I had a lovely view of the skyline and the front of reception below.
The staff, without exception are truly amazing. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for anyone. From the moment that I arrived at the lovely Reception area I was treated with the utmost kindness and consideration. I cannot actually remember if the Reception area was lovely, I am sure that it was, but the staff were so good that I really did not notice much at all.

I queued for maybe 1 minute and then a new member of staff came to Reception and dealt with me immediately. As newcomers arrived, staff came to deal with them.

Room service was excellent and the portions of food were sufficient to feed the hungriest of people. I had no change to tip the young gentleman who brought my food but he very kindly told me that I should not apologise because a tip was not expected. What a refreshing change.

The breakfast was good. Not amazing, but good. There was always plenty of freshly cooked nice bacon and average sausages. Lots of eggs cooked in a variety of ways and beans or tomatoes. Lots of fresh toast a good variety of cereals, juices and some lovely grapefruit, canned I think, but it was very nice.

The coffee was really good and my cup was constantly refreshed by very attentive waiters.
Although the dining room was always full, it was not necessary to queue for more than a moment because there was always sufficient food available. It was hot and fresh.

There are a couple of cons:
My room was near a lift, as requested, so I expected it to be be noisy, but the only noise came from the street and a building a little way done where lots of people seemed to be having a party each evening. It was necessary for me to sleep with my windows open because I do not enjoy any warmth at night, so I simply bought some ear plugs from a chemist shop just a few doors away and from then on, I had a perfect night's sleep.

Although I found the room too warm for me, I think that I am fairly exceptional in that I think that a fridge would probably be the perfect location for me at night. Most people will probably be very comfortable but if you do have problems with heat, then I suggest that you request a room that is in shadow in the afternoon.

I was disappointed to receive plastic cutlery with my room service meal but I expect that if I had requested normal metal cutlery, my request would have been granted. I asked for a pot of tea and that caused a little confusion so I was given a large cup, no saucer and a small metal pot. It was too hot for me to even think of complaining and the service was so good that I really did not want to cause extra work for my waiter. The meal arrived within 5-10 minutes of ordering which I think is amazing.

The hotel is situated just about 10 minutes walk (For a person of normal fitness) and is close to bus stops and within a few minutes walk from a tube station. There are shops close by if you have forgotton anything and I think that there is a shop at the hotel.

The lifts work, three of them, the 4th is out of order, but there was never a long wait. The bedlinen was changed daily and soap and shampoo are provided and replenished.

There is a trouser press in the room and an efficient hairdrier, also a kettle and supplies of tea and coffee with uht milk. If you want more, just ask. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at this very friendly hotel.

It was the cheapest price that I have paid for a room at a London Hotel and was very good value for money. I will certainly return if I am in London again. I am a bit disabled but this wan not a hindrance at the Imperial.

Not sure if this is the place but must mention London Bus drivers- they are the kindest that I have ever met!!!!!!!!!!

Room tip: If you want a cool room in Summer ask for a room that is in shadow in the afternoon.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank xxliz
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed here for two nights with a friend, 10-15mins walk from Euston, great location for access to tube. We arrived early and room wasn't ready but they let us check in , gave us our key and told us to take luggage to our room and leave it there...do not unpack. We then went out for a walk and when we came back room was spotless and ready for us. Rooms: a little dated but everything you needed, clean and comfy, bathroom with decent shower and strangely a separate toilet. Would have been a good idea to put a sink in the the separate loo...plenty of room. Room was a bit noisy if you left the windows open from delivery vehicles early morning but not a major problem. Breakfast: went down to restaurant first morning but didn't bother second morning..basics were there cereal toast eggs, bacon, beans etc but not great quality. Great plus is left luggage...normally when we go to London we take are case back to Euston to left luggage (#8 a case) and enjoy the rest of our last day however at the Imperial it costs #1 per item and you can leave it there totally secure. A reasonable central London Hotel and I believe one of the better of the Imperial Hotels Group (Bedford, Tavistock, Royal national, County and and President) I would go back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank SharonTravelAgent
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel for 2 nights July 22 and 23 2011.

The hotel is very busy and VERY noisy. There is a casino adjacent to the Main entrance and if you have a room overlooking the courtyard you will be blasted out of your bed by loud rock music with a very heavy bass beat which reverberates around the area. This ceased at 12:15 a.m. but at 1:45am the casino goers started to leave and the shouting screaming and car doors slamming went on until 5a.m.

The main problem is that there is no air conditioning and no double glazing therefore in summer unless you want to boil in your bed you are obliged to keep the windows open. However even when the windows were closed the noise was unacceptable. We did complain but of course there was very little that could be done.

Our twin room- 307- was small but adequate and very clean. Staff were pleasant. Breakfast was adequate but the dining room was very busy and the tables very close together.

The irony was that on arrival the receptionist offered us a view or a quiet room. We chose the latter. We visit London quite often to see our family but we shall not be returning to the Imperial.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We had a lovely mini break at this hotel ,we had a triple room next to the lift on the second floor. The room overlooked the main entrance to the hotel and there was very little noise .The room was spacious and had a very large bathroom .Breakfast was ok, had better , had worse. Russell Square tube station is only a 5 minute walk away. Overall, we thought the hotel was good value for money and we would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We booked this hotel for an overnight in London to visit the theatre. When we arrived our (upgraded) Executive twin was located on the 5th floor overlooking the courtyard, so very quiet. Clean and tidy, bathroom spotless. Comfortable beds. Staff helpful with directions etc
Lovely shopping centre around corner opposite tube for great Carluccio's or a choice of snacks and meals
Wine in hotel was reasonable price for a bottle in central London £19.50 for a bottle of savignon blanc and lunch in the night and day bar was good price for a good size plate of food
Breakfast was really good lots of choices, only complaint was the coffee, although hot did not taste great, tea was fine
A little trouble connecting to wifi as well and could not get my i pad to log on
Only 2 minor negatives.....only 1 towel per person was provided and no fridge in room or ice making machine for cooling drinks

Room tip: definitely as for room overlooking courtyard, it is very quiet on that side of the hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends