Stayed for a night when on a quick 2 day trip to London. Hotel is less that 10 mins walk from Euston Station and right on the corner of Russell Square which is very handy.
Hotel was a bit dated but otherwise clean and the staff very helpful.
The room was fine. It was clean, bright and had a decent en-suite with a loo, bath and shower and had small complementary shampoo/soap.
The room was on the 8th floor and looked onto the central water feature (very 1970's/kitch). It didn't have any air conditioning which would have been nice as it was 23 oC outside, but we left the windows open (NB. very, very open - parents beware!) Dispite this I was not disturbed by any traffic noise and did not wake once - I am a Highlander and am used to complete silence/darkness at night and wake at the slightest "beep!"
My only have two little gripes....
1) The noise from the service lift which was next to room which started getting used at 0730 - it did my nut in, although it didn't bother my other half (the town mouse).
2) The Breakfast. It was included but well below par. I ended up with cereal as the cooked breakfast was rubbish - the porridge was watery gruel, the sausages were made from about 10% meat, the egg was inedible (aster off) and the toast was limp and rubbery having been sitting out in a bain-marie sweating..... All you'd expect from a "cheap" hotel. The coffee however was inexcusable - it was cheap instant coffee poured out by the staff from flasks. I could not drink it (and I usually holiday in a tent on a mountain, so am used to slumming it on instant coffee!)
Overall it was fine and I would definitely stay there again........but I'll be going to McDonalds for brekky!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Hotel is the flagship of Imperial London Hotels. We're proud of it for a reason. Offering breathtaking views over London's greatest public square, it reflects every ounce of our dedication to service and value. Like all our hotels, the Imperial combines a remarkable location with the great facilities and friendly service of a family-run business. At the Imperial, though, while the price remains extremely reasonable, we add an extra dash of something special. The location is remarkable, connecting guests to the rest of London in minutes. In addition to the central Atrium Bar & Cafe, facilities include a casino and a gift shop. Restaurants and cafes offer plenty of choice to families and business travellers alike. Indulge in the intriguing delights of Coffee and Candy. Enjoy a late night at the Night and Day Bar, serving classic pub fare at great prices. And relax; we've been doing this since 1837, and we know how to make your stay a restful one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Imperial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel London
- Hotel Imperial London