“Great value hotel, good location”
Review of Lords Hotel

Lords Hotel
Ranked #889 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Great value hotel, good location”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I had a great time at Lords, very clean and cheap hotel near Bayswater station (4/5 blocks away) that took us to all main city spots. Breakfast though limited, was sufficient (and it is true, the muffin is awesome!). Bayswater area is residential but has many shops (mostly of souvenirs) so it is wonderful. Near to Hyde park but not for a walking distance to the main centre. I suggest always using the tube. In all, I would definitely go back! This is a hotel for those who only look for a clean, cheap, and safe place to sleep on after a long day of walking around! The only "bad" thing is the shower in the tiny bathroom, but I don't think there is much to do about that. It wasn't that big of a deal anyway for us.

Room Tip: Ask for the lower floors, because there is no elevator!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lucila_guerrero
PinaLondon, Manager at Lords Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Lucila

Thanks for the positive feedback! We would love to welcome you again at Lords!

All the best
Pina Puggioni
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Granollers, Spain
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed in Lords Hotel in London from May 10-13, 2013. The price is great and the location is outstanding: right next to Hyde Park and two subway stations (Queensway and Bayswater). The building looks nice on the outside, but once inside I admit I couldn't stop gawking at the grimy carpeting. This isn't a luxury hotel; it's a place for people who are used to spending the whole day out, and only want a hotel to get some rest at night.

We got a room on the fourth floor. No elevator. Narrow, steep staircase. Luckily, we had only traveled with backpacks so the climb wasn't that bad. The room itself was basic but sufficient. As others have commented, the bathrooms are tiny and taken from motor homes. Still, it beats having to share a bathroom!

Breakfast was all right, although I was surprised to see that it wasn't buffet style. Instead, the servers leave a slip of paper on each table with the available items (orange juice, apple juice, croissant, hot chocolate, tea, chocolate muffin, toast, yogurt) and each person can choose a maximum of four. I don't particularly appreciate having to limit my breakfast, but oh well, at least the muffins were delicious.

Up to here, I've only talked about minor inconveniences, really. None of this put me or my boyfriend off the hotel. The only real complaint I have about Lords Hotel is the reception staff, particularly the lady on service in the mornings. She was so cold-eyed, curt and unpleasant that we didn't dare ask her for anything during our stay. The young man who did the night shift was nicer. At least he smiled and was welcoming.

All in all, I recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place to spend the night--nothing more. It's in a great place with easy access to restaurants and the subway system, so it's perfect for people who want to roam the city all day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nadine D
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Lords Hotel is well situated for London visitors in a nice area very close to the Underground and 200 metres from the 390 bus to Oxford St. The single room I had had a very small bath-room and the springs on the bed stuck through the mattress but was OK apart from that as was the breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room a the the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank andfood
PinaLondon, Manager at Lords Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Guest

Your positive feedback has been greatly appreciated.

We hope to welcome you at Lords again soon.

Yours sincerely

Pina Puggioni
MANAGER
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We stayed here as a last resort, it proved to be too difficult to find affordable accommodation anywhere near the centre of London. This hotel was great for that, it was only a 5 minute walk to Bayswater underground station and there were plenty of amenities surrounding it. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The rooms were clean, of a reasonable size and there was even a TV. The shower room was small but fine, and we had a hairdryer in the room which meant we didnt have to lug one around with us. We were at the very top which did mean climbing four flights of stairs but we didn't mind. There were some teenagers staying in the dormitory style rooms on the lower floors but they only woke us up a few times on the first night. Breakfast was included which we found to be perfectly acceptable.

Overall I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you struggle with walking long distances I would definitely recommend a room on one of the lower...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Beckyx
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Lords hotel is very conveniently located and is a reasonable price to be in central London. It's no 5 star hotel but the rooms are clean and the breakfast you receive is adequate for a quick something before heading out. If you like luxury this isn't the place for you, but for us who spend our time out and about in London and just want somewhere close to sleep and shower it was perfect. There are steep stairs but to be fair it's an old converted building. Staff were pleasant and always greeted us on our way in or out.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TeeganG15
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Even for a school trip this was the worst hotel I had ever stayed in.
The towels they gave us were more like hand towels. No hand wash just a tiny bar of soap. They didn't even change the towels. No shampoo/conditioner/body-wash.
There were cramped rooms with bunk beds without railings and barely any walking space.
The bathroom was a joke, the size of a closet with a small dip in the floor with a tired looking shower head over it.
There was no lift and there were 5 staircases that were extremely steep and poorly lit. My friend fell down and broke her ankle.
I got ill suddenly within a day of staying there.
The heating was terrible. The radiator was broken and it was freezing.
Breakfast was dire.

On the brighter side there were good TVs in every room and the location is fairly near to the tube station.

Room Tip: Don't bother going here. Otherwise, the stairs are terrible to climb up. Choose the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The room was a small single room, perfectly suitable for a fairly petite woman but I doubt a fairly beefy bloke would be comfortable. The shower cubicle was very cramped, again no problem for me in a single room but would not have been happy if I was sharing a room, if that is size of all en-suites, as there was no way I could shut the door when using the "facilities". The bed was set between the walls under the window, and again my husband who is 6 foot tall would not have fitted in there comfortably. If these issues are not a problem to you then the hotel is perfectly acceptable.

It is well-located and the room was very clean. Bed was very comfortable and actually had two very good nights sleep, which I had not had in two other more up-market establishments just prior to my visit. Set breakfast is basic but tea was hot and freshly made and toast was hot and wholemeal. Again better than the white cardboard and congealed so-called "English" breakfast I have had at other establishments. Was on a "deal" but for that price would be quite happy to stay there again

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo