“Horrible, Rancid,disgusting.....dont go here..please !!”
Review of Lords Hotel

Lords Hotel
Ranked #887 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Crowland
“Horrible, Rancid,disgusting.....dont go here..please !!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed her for one night on Friday 29th of December for one night. Having viewed the hotel on line we knew it wouldnt be 5 star given that we paid 120 pounds for the night.
Once we had arrived on Friday night we were given our key to room 34 and...oh my god !!...... what an absolutely crap hole it was !!!
On entering the room we were shocked to find large blood stains on the carpets. We had requested a double bed and single bed only to find two single beds and a bunk bed which was literally fallin apart. The wooden steps were broken and the base had graffetti carvings on it with less than tasteful comments.
The decor of the room was terrible, paint falling off the walls, mold coming through the ceiling and bits of broken window sill hanging into the room.
Then we came to the shower !!! This was located in the corner of the room in what was clearly once a cupboard. My wife is not the biggest of people however she could hardly stand in this room which, incidently, also housed the toilet right next to it !!
The shower looked absolutely years old, was extremely tatty and the unit itself was falling apart. The sink unit had lime scale all over it and the taps were lose and dripping.
Due to our disgust, I challenged the receptionist stating that this was unacceptable. I was told that the only other option available was a room in the basement or another room which was located 10 minutes walk away up the road !! This would have meant sleeping there and having to walk back to breakfast the next morning !!!...totally unacceptable.
I attended the basement room to find, to my amazement, a small room with three !!!....bunk beds in it....!!!................................unbeliviable...!!
On querying this again with the receptionist, I was told that the hotel doesnt have any double beds ! On hearing this I was gobsmacked. What hotel doesnt have double beds in it ?????
After a very uncomfortable nights sleep in the basement of this hotel, we were woken by a lot of talking outside our room. On opening the door I realised that a queue had formed for the breakfast room which, pleasantly (not!) went right past our door.
Having showered in a very run down, dirty, mouldy and fusty shower cubicle, my wife, daughter and I decided to miss breakfast and go somewhere else to eat.
In summary this was an awful expereince in a terrible hotel. We stay in London every Xmas and are by no means snobs however I cant stress enough to people that they should avoid this hotel unless you are happy to stay in the most basic and dirty location there is.
This really isnt a hotel but more a a hostel suitable for groups of young kids who may not really care about decor, standards etc.......
I have contacted Travel Republic and encouraged them to remove this from their site. Please dont make the same mistake we did in booking here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SARAHANDJIM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 October 2013

stayed at the lords hotel bayswater for five days,when we arrived we were told our room was not ready and to go off and come back after two hours.when we arrived back we sat for another 20 mins to be given a key and told to walk two streets down to a different building,when we walked down the building was an annex not a hotel,we had to climb four flights of stairs and although we waited well over two hours the room was not cleaned.the bathroom was tiny the shower was cracked and there were punch holes in the wall.we went and complained and eventually given a room on the second floor which wasnt much bigger but cleaner.very disappointing as we paid nearly 400 euro as it was advertised as a three star and then told by management it was a one star

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank cmdjovi

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and it was fine. Everywhere else in the area was either booked up or £270 for the night. The rooms are pretty basic and the bathroom is pokey but for a short stay it's ideal. And cheap!!
Plus the included continental breakfast is a bonus.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed as the cheapest option for 5 people on a city break to London. Bathroom is quite small and is not suitable for large people, but it was OK for us. Room and bedding was pleasantly clean. Breakfast was generous at this price. Location is good. Short walk to nearest tube station might be a bit far for the elderly or the less active. Local shops and take-aways are open late night and offer alternative if you are looking to eat on the cheap.

Room Tip: Building closer to the reception is further from the tube station
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TForster
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My sister and I stayed at this hotel. Great location. Really clean and reasonably spacious room. Unfortunately really small wash area. Shower was cramped and had poor pressure. What really surprised and disappointed me was that there was no kettle in the room and I'm not even half ways human till I've had my coffee off a morning. Staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was quiet and at the back of the hotel just to the side of reception and we suffered a bit from the noise created by late returners. The breakfast was excellent. We opted for the full English throughout our stay and this was great value at £4 each per morning. There are dozens of choices of eateries in the area and two tube stations nearby. Yes I would use this hotel again but I would be checking there was a kettle in the room and if not would be bringing my own.

Room Tip: Bring a kettle!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank magsmc51
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here for the bank holiday weekend at the end of August. The location was excellent as it was a short walk from Nottinghill where we went for both days of Carnival. However the location was probably the only plus I could find with the hotel.

The man at reception when we checked in was extremely rude, we were staying in another Lords building on Prince's Street and he gave us completely wrong directions, it was only thanks to asking passers-by that we actually found the building. The receptionist never explained that we would have to pay a deposit for a remote control if we wanted to watch t.v nor did he tell us that there was a £1 charge daily for clean towels or that access to 2mb of data would require purchasing a £5 code from reception every 24 hours.

I knew from reading up in Lords that it was no 5star suite and ive stayed in seceral run-of-the-mill hotels before so I was expecting this to be about average & at least habitable. Walking through the building to the rooms it became clear that several of the rooms, in what is basically a big house, where occupied by tenants as opposed to guests of the hotel. That meant that they would wake early each morning to get ready for work and we could hear every noise they made through the walls.

Having read a few reviews prior to travelling I was expecting the hotel to be "in need of some updating." I wasn't expecting to find a "double" room with 2 single beds pushed together, single-glazed wooden windows which meant we could hear people chat as they walked up the road, a hole that somebody had physically punched into the wall beside the door & when I opened what I thought was the wardrobe it turned out to be the bathroom. To say the rooms need updating is an understatement, I just wish I'd brought a camera so I could show exactly how bad it was. After one uncomfortable nights sleep I woke up to find the bathroom and our towels covered in ants. When I went to complain to reception the lady on the desk appeared to speak very little English & only understood when I asked how much they charge for a safety deposit box.

After seeing the state of the room and towels we decided not to go for breakfast any morning, even though we had paid for it. Thankfully there were plenty of places to eat in bayswater & nottinghill. Unfortunately for us though all of the surrounding hotels were fully booked for the bank holiday weekend so we were stuck with Lords Hotel. We still had a great time at Carnival and literally only went back to our room to sleep and shower.

I would definitely not recommend this hotel. There are some gorgeous hotels in Bayswater for similar price if you book in advance.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Lorraine N
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Good points: Friendly staff, clean, nice area near shops ans good access to underground and central London.

Bad points: Small, basic wet room meant only enough room to stand and shower. No bath in my room even though I was the only one in a room with FOUR beds! So small that, when sat on toilet wall opposite is about 6 inches away!! Room contained hair dryer TV and plug in radiator.
Breakfast consisted of very small bowl of cereal, fruit juice, CUP of tea, toast and jam. If you want anything else such as cooked, croissants, or waffles, you have to pay extra! My advice? Skip breakfast and head for the capital!!

Area is really nice. I felt very safe walking around from the Tube to the hotel, even at 1am.

In summary, no frills hotel in an area of many other similar buildings. Used by young foreigners, young families and other similar people just wanting a basic roof over their heads for a break in London and wanting to spend more on sightseeing and souvenirs than on luxury accommodation.

Room Tip: Unless very hungry or have small mouths to feed, skip the breakfast!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends