We stayed for the day, using it as a base while we visited and ate in the top floor restaurant of the nearby Tate Modern. We booked through www.between9and5.com/ paying £65.
The frontage of the hotel is quite narrow so look for the Mercure sign sticking out from the wall; in fact the Holiday Inn Express is better identified. The entrance is up a few steps and the small reception is to the right inside. It took a few moments to locate our reservation though I presented a printout and my A-Club card.
We were given room 202 on the second floor. This was a modest size, largely occupied by the bed. This was comfortable, with duvet. There were coffee making facilities, and iron and board - though we did not use either. The bathroom was also compact and it was a squeeze to get round the door to get into the bathroom. However all were clean and well equipped.
We were satisfied with the price paid for what we received, and would use again for the hotel's location
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure London Bridge is a flagship Mercure hotel located in the centre of London. Enjoy famous nearby attractions such as Borough Market and the Shard, whilst being surrounded by nearby shops and art galleries. On entering this charming hotel, you'll sense its unique atmosphere, making you feel at home. Every detail in the hotel has been carefully considered with your comfort in mind. Experience the hotel restaurant, Marco's New York Italian, courtesy of celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White. The hotel is suited for business hotel stays in London, as well as leisure stays, with 4 flexible meeting rooms for events or conferences for up to 60 people with AV equipment and a dedicated host. Enjoy internet access throughout the hotel. Mercure London Bridge is perfectly located for some London shopping, a cultured day out or some London sightseeing, being situated on Southwark Street, only 8 minutes from Borough Market and an 11 minute walk to London Bridge Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Lastminute, ACCOR, Superbreak UK, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure London Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London
- Accor London City Bankside